Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Brandon William's Contract - Something Brewing?

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    You can’t make this stuff up. Ravens need a change bad.
    The sad thing is how can you expect change? I'm sure Ozzie isn't doing this without Eric's input.

The reality here is that they are fucking our future to attempt a run at saving the coaching staff's jobs. That's how I look at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    LOL same shit same ravens same results.
    But hey it’s “consistency”

Let’s overpay a d-lineman that never gets in the the backfield and a linebacker who can’t cover

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    The sad thing is how can you expect change? I'm sure Ozzie isn't doing this without Eric's input.

The reality here is that they are fucking our future to attempt a run at saving the coaching staff's jobs. That's how I look at this.
    I don't expect them to change. I have given up on that. Until Biscotti wakes up, things will continue at the current status quo in the sake of "continuity".

Blog Entries

You can always hope it get booted far enough down the road that there’s a lock out lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Brandon William's Contract - Something Brewing?

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    I dunno, restructures seem pretty common....I'm looking at google news here.

Restructures:

Pittsburgh: Antonio Brown & Alejandro Villanueva
    Philly: Zach Ertz, Lane Johnson and Michael Bennett
    Dallas: Travis Frederick
    Miami: Tannehill & Reshad Jones

I could probably go on if I cared to. Bottom line, it seems common to restructure these days. Not sure why
    This is true, but as my mom used to say when I was a kid, “if your friend jumped off a bridge would you do it to?”

Just because they are common, doesn’t mean they’re ALWAYS the right thing to do. I added emphasis to always as I don’t want folks thinking I am strictly, narrow-mindedly anti-restructure all the time. That is not the case. The problem is restructuring BAD contracts and/or extending good not great players, or players coming off of significant injury. What’s worse, like in Joe’s case, is restructuring and extending - the double whammy.

Brandon Williams seems like a nice guy, he’s funny, fan-friendly, posts goofy social media videos, pictures, etc., and he is VERY GOOD at what he does....stop the run. The problem is - and this isn’t breaking news so I apologize for the redundancy of this statement - the NFL is a passing league and Brandon Williams is a complete no show in defending that part of an offense’s plan of attack. He is more Tony Siragusa than he is Sam Adams or Haloti Ngata, and he definitely isn’t Warren Sapp.

A lot of folks were upset, myself included, that we let Rick Wagner go and seemingly prioritized Williams over Wagner.

I look at things slightly differently. When two players play different positions, it’s not necessarily and either-or decision. In other words, we need a RT and a DT, right? So in my analysis, the decision was Brandon Williams versus his peer group (the current population of then available FA DTs, DTs available in the then upcoming draft, and DTs currently on the active roster or practice squad); basically, Brandon Williams versus his likely replacement, and then Rick Wagner versus his likely replacement.

The other thing that upset me, and many others, was our franchise’s track record of finding contributions from defenders in the draft, regardless of round, all the way down to UDFA. As many posters stated, Ozzie can find run stuffing DTs in his sleep.

In 21 drafts, the Ravens have selected 3 notable RTs: Pashos, Oher, and Wagner - and Oher was supposed to be a LT.

So I don’t look at Brandon William’s contract as the reason we lost Rick Wagner, I look at Brandon William’s contract as a mistake based upon poor decision making on multiple levels, and a mistake with ramifications that we are now prolonging instead of remediating.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Restructured again. Is something brewing or is this business as usual because I know we've got a draft class to sign soon. Perhaps a push for Jordy? Seems we created $5.6m in cap space

I hate these restructures. Until we draft better we're going to continue putting ourselves in this position.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Looks like they just restructured again. This guy is going to have $14.5 million cap number next year and it gets worse after that
    The Ravens favorite game :

Unfortunately the day will come when we have to pay the piper. Ozzie will be off-the-hook then. Good Luck to DeCosta... bc

We signed Woodhead, Macklin and Howard last year and release them one year later. That says something about the Ravens ability to evaluate talent. Oz has lost his touch.

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    They had the worst WRs in the league last year, and you can find a Ben Watson at TE every season...an old, slow, TE who can box out and get open for 8-9 yards per catch. They've had that type of TE every season since Pitta got hurt.

The question is whether they will improve those position groups enough to improve from the 7-9 win range to the 10-12 win range....But to suggest they are getting worse is too much.
    I hope you're correct, but I suspect you're going to very disappointed this fall.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

9. Re: Brandon William's Contract - Something Brewing?

They are saying this is being done for Mosely.
    Wouldn’t an extension for Moseley clear cap space in and of itself?

Why would they need to do one thing to clear cap space to do a second thing to clear cap space?

Quote Originally Posted by jerrylogan View Post
    We signed Woodhead, Macklin and Howard last year and release them one year later. That says something about the Ravens ability to evaluate talent. Oz has lost his touch.
    Yes, and no. The deals were all structured to allow nearly pain-free releases of all 3 guys in year 2 of their deals.

They were cut players and/or damaged goods.

In other words, Cheap, speculative picks w/ low probability of going boom.

that's what they eluded to on the radio they are trying to create some space maybe to sign Mosley long term
    And this is why you shouldn't put any stock in what those yo-yo's on the radio say. We keep telling you this, and you keep spouting what they say like it's gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    To put that 14M albatross in perspective, our 2 down run stuffer is going to have a cap hit in the same ballpark as DeAndre Hopkins and Julio Jones.

Ravens football.
    I just threw up in my mouth a little.....