Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Brandon William's Contract - Something Brewing?

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    52 would have beheaded him on that play

But that’s the problem Mosley will always live in 52’s shadow it’s a no win. It’s like who ever is going to play after Brady
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The issue is money which is exactly the issue with Brandon Williams. These are really good players. Are they with the all time greats? Of course not but they are very good. How much cap space is that worth based on the position they play?

Justin Tucker is the best at his position and the best player on the Ravens. He is the 3rd highest paid Kicker in the NFL but it’s still good value because it’s about $4 million a season. If it was double that then it wouldn’t make sense based on his position. The issue isn’t how good the player is. It’s how much should be tied up at the position.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The issue is money which is exactly the issue with Brandon Williams. These are really good players. Are they with the all time greats? Of course not but they are very good. How much cap space is that worth based on the position they play?

Justin Tucker is the best at his position and the best player on the Ravens. He is the 3rd highest paid Kicker in the NFL but it’s still good value because it’s about $4 million a season. If it was double that then it wouldn’t make sense based on his position. The issue isn’t how good the player is. It’s how much should be tied up at the position.
    I agree they shouldn’t set the market with Mosley but I know they will

Blog Entries

I agree they shouldn’t set the market with Mosley but I know they will
    I was thinking that (Mosley setting the ILB market) wouldn't happen, then I saw Jensen's contract! Talk about an over-pay, and I was a supporter of bringing Jensen back. We fans just have to get used to the $alary Cap increases and expanding contracts... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Yea I agree with that there Iceman just not for BWill price tag
    I think that is just the way of inflation. Contracts get inflated just like regular money does if you know what i mean

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

52 would have beheaded him on that play

But that’s the problem Mosley will always live in 52’s shadow it’s a no win. It’s like who ever is going to play after Brady
    I still think Mosley is a monster, but the shoes he is trying to fill are just too big(would be for anybody). Ray was just that great and we shouldn't hold that against CJ IMO. Hopefully he retires a Raven.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    I still think Mosley is a monster, but the shoes he is trying to fill are just too big(would be for anybody). Ray was just that great and we shouldn't hold that against CJ IMO. Hopefully he retires a Raven.
    Mac, I'm glad you feel that way because he has his detractors on this board. I understand not wanting to over-pay a player, but IMO he is solid (not Ray Lewis solid, but who is?) and we've got little else @ ILB. Hopefully he retires a Raven sounds good to me... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Mac, I'm glad you feel that way because he has his detractors on this board. I understand not wanting to over-pay a player, but IMO he is solid (not Ray Lewis solid, but who is?) and we've got little else @ ILB. Hopefully he retires a Raven sounds good to me... Bc
    Understandably so, I mean we had the best MLB ever to play the game idgaf what anybody says for 17 years so we are spoiled. But is it really fair to hold CJ to the Ray Lewis standard? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I was thinking that (Mosley setting the ILB market) wouldn't happen, then I saw Jensen's contract! Talk about an over-pay, and I was a supporter of bringing Jensen back. We fans just have to get used to the $alary Cap increases and expanding contracts... Bc
    On the weekend prior to the opening of free agency some dutiful soul should post

A) each position's average salary,
    B) each position's top five average salary and,
    C) each position's most lucrative signing from the prior year.

It seems that each year many people are taken aback by how lucrative the market is. Such a posting might give people greater context.

I certainly don't think Jensen is the best center in football. But football performance and market value aren’t necessarily congruous. A post like the one suggested would help brace some of us for the contracts that are signed.

Blog Entries

Was that the one where it looked like they all decided not to play the run for no apparent reason?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Joe Thomas exhibit A for the Hall of Fame. He made 3 blocks on that play.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    The problem with mosley is he struggles significantly in coverage. I guess you can blame our safeties to some degree... we dont have elite Safeties erasing mistakes like the Seahawks had for years... but Mosley's pretty 1 dimensional.

There will always be a place for stopping the run, but the NFL is increasingly a matchup league...teams aim to lineup LBs on slot WR, TE and RBs....Mosley doesnt excel at covering any of those and is frankly a liability on passing downs.

We have 2 players that are major weaknesses on 3rd down.....I cant justify spending top $ for both of these positions. The LB mold is changing to more of a thumping Safety player every year
    Burn it down