Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Is the draft being set up in favor of a QB?

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Plus he went to Wyoming so I don't know what the deal is. They must be in love with his arm or maybe they want to convince the Browns to do it so they can laugh at them later?
    I'm no draft expert but I would go with Rosen over this guy. Allen must have the intangibles or physical abilities. Or an elaborate Browns troll as you said. lol

JonAB has a valid point though in saying that the Browns can't afford another bust at QB.

If it were me, I would just go with Rosen no matter what the fuck he says and if I end up with Barkley, cool. If not, I still have Duke Johnson and can get Derrius Guise later on if I want a running back.
    Nah. Can’t take Rosen at 1. He’d play like shit on purpose. Kids rich already. Not motivated by $$. He wants the bright lights ,big city. He’d prob hold out. Get the great player and then take the best QB at 4. I’ve watched all these guys play this year ...none seem like day 1 starters I wanna roll with. That’s why I think Dorsey grabs a guy like Smith as a FA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I don't agree. 1st off history shouldn't necessarily be a measuring stick. The Ravens haven't been good at picking WRs, so should we never again draft a WR early? Anyway, the trend seems to be changing if you consider recently : Todd Gurley (#10 - 2015), Zeke Elliot (#4 - 2016), and Fournette (#4 - 2017)... Bc

P.S. - if I was Browns GM, I'd take Barkley 1st, then as xiao_ke wrote, try to trade up to get the QB I wanted. Keep in mind the Browns have a bucketful of picks to use as draft capital.
    We're talking 1st overall pick. That always has significant trade value because teams will pay up for a QB. If the Browns really wanted Barkley they could probably make a swap with the Giants and take him at #2. I like Barkley but teams pay up for QBs. Last season there were so many that impressed that I believe teams will really push to for the 2 California kids. I could easily see teams like the Jets and Broncos offering a ton for that #1 pick.

My guess right now is that Barkley ends up with the Colts at #3 and both the California QBs got at #1 and #2. I'm not sure who will pick them yet but seeing that Jets season tickets ad about 10 times between the 2 games today makes me think they're going to be willing to trade the farm to get that 1st pick for a QB

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Nah. Can’t take Rosen at 1. He’d play like shit on purpose. Kids rich already. Not motivated by $$. He wants the bright lights ,big city. He’d prob hold out. Get the great player and then take the best QB at 4. I’ve watched all these guys play this year ...none seem like day 1 starters I wanna roll with. That’s why I think Dorsey grabs a guy like Smith as a FA.

Hold out, maybe.

Play like shit on purpose? Not happening. Teammates would lose respect for you and you would lose respect around the league as well. You'd be pretty much busting yourself by doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    We're talking 1st overall pick. That always has significant trade value because teams will pay up for a QB. If the Browns really wanted Barkley they could probably make a swap with the Giants and take him at #2. I like Barkley but teams pay up for QBs. Last season there were so many that impressed that I believe teams will really push to for the 2 California kids. I could easily see teams like the Jets and Broncos offering a ton for that #1 pick.

My guess right now is that Barkley ends up with the Colts at #3 and both the California QBs got at #1 and #2. I'm not sure who will pick them yet but seeing that Jets season tickets ad about 10 times between the 2 games today makes me think they're going to be willing to trade the farm to get that 1st pick for a QB
    Heres hoping that before the draft, a video of Rosen murdering someone leaks only to find out that it was a fake video as soon as the Ravens get on the clock.

Hold out, maybe.

Play like shit on purpose? Not happening. Teammates would lose respect for you and you would lose respect around the league as well. You'd be pretty much busting yourself by doing that.
    Dude Rosen my “tank” the Combine. He doesn’t wanna play in Cleveland. Like I said ..he’s got $$. He wants the fame and notoriety. Cleveland ain’t got that.

Dude Rosen my “tank” the Combine. He doesn’t wanna play in Cleveland. Like I said ..he’s got $$. He wants the fame and notoriety. Cleveland ain’t got that.

If he was willing to go to such extremities to avoid playing for Cleveland, he would simply stay for his senior year. Otherwise, anybody that even thinks of doing that would be highly advised against it as it would not go over well with the rest of the league. Think shades of Jamarcus Russell but worse.

Blog Entries

He could pull an Eli and just refuse to sign. It worked for John Elway as well. It's just not worth drafting a guy who doesn't want to play for you especially when you can get a bunch of picks for trading the spot.

Blog Entries

Rosen would just sit out he's not hurting for money he would just enter the draft next there's nothing Cleveland can do it's basically the John Elway I'll go play baseball deal

Blog Entries

Heres hoping that before the draft, a video of Rosen murdering someone leaks only to find out that it was a fake video as soon as the Ravens get on the clock.
    Yes a qb with a murder association would do wonders for the franchise

If he was willing to go to such extremities to avoid playing for Cleveland, he would simply stay for his senior year. Otherwise, anybody that even thinks of doing that would be highly advised against it as it would not go over well with the rest of the league. Think shades of Jamarcus Russell but worse.
    Yes. What GOTA said. This is a QB needy league...teams will take any QB they deem worthy. Rosen could shit the bed on the Wonder-lic test and still interview and test great. Or have an “off “ day at the combine. Or don’t go to the combine to compete. Just do the mental parts. Bottom line is if he doesn’t wanna play in Cleveland...don’t try and force him.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Yes a qb with a murder association would do wonders for the franchise

I said it would be known as a fake video by the time we get on the clock. It was a joke that went way over your head like a Joe Flacco pass.