Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Best of What's Left

I read that same Las Vegas Journal article on Jordy Nelson meaning the end of Crabtree but it doesn't make sense

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Why is Crabtree likely to get released? The Raiders have space and his contract is what we just gave Ryan Grant. At the very least the Raiders would be able to trade him.

Raiders are trying to sign Jordy Nelson at least that was rumored last night. If Jordy signs with the Raiders, Crabtree is getting cut.

Blog Entries

Im all in on Nelson, I think hed be a great fit for us, but I dont see that as likely from what ive read.

Matthews is probably the best WR left outside him, that ive not really heard much of anything about. Hes a solid #2, that would make us better.

TE I could see Eifert on a cheap, incentive laiden prove it deal. Niklas I think on a cheap "potential" deal. ASJ would probably be the best bet as an all around TE capable of stepping in right away.

OL im not interested in. We can draft there just fine for what we need, outside bringing back Jensen if he has no market (He likely will more than we want him for).

LB, I like Minter and Davis, But I think some draft capital here would be wise as well.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Im all in on Nelson, I think hed be a great fit for us, but I dont see that as likely from what ive read.

Matthews is probably the best WR left outside him, that ive not really heard much of anything about. Hes a solid #2, that would make us better.

TE I could see Eifert on a cheap, incentive laiden prove it deal. Niklas I think on a cheap "potential" deal. ASJ would probably be the best bet as an all around TE capable of stepping in right away.

OL im not interested in. We can draft there just fine for what we need, outside bringing back Jensen if he has no market (He likely will more than we want him for).

LB, I like Minter and Davis, But I think some draft capital here would be wise as well.
    I would be normally all on Nelson but his production was bad last year, he played 15 games but without Aaron Rogers throwing him the ball he wasn't the same player. So how would he do with Flacco?

Besides he said he wants to play in Raiders or Patriots.

But Nelson is the best route runner of the bunch

I think we will not sign any other WRS. Terrell Pryor has the most upside of all remaining, his youth, and ability to be #1 WR

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Raiders are trying to sign Jordy Nelson at least that was rumored last night. If Jordy signs with the Raiders, Crabtree is getting cut.
    And 2 weeks ago the Broncos were getting rid of all their wide receivers....until it didn't happen.

If they want to move on from Crabtree why would they cut him instead of trading him? How does that make any sense given his contract, health and 16 TDs in the past 2 years? Guys like that have real value. We just paid Ryan Grant the same money as Crabtree is signed for. This isn't Richard Sherman or Jordy Nelson coming off of injuries and big contracts. It just doesn't make sense to cut him.

In fact, if I was Ozzie I'd be calling the Raiders with a trade offer for Crabtree based on that rumor

Blog Entries

Ian Rappaport just said on NFL Network that the Ravens tried to sign Jerrick McKinnon who just got $7 million a season from the 49ers. I have no idea how much the Ravens wanted to spend but I didn't think a 3rd down back was on their list with Dixon, Collins and Allen all under contract.

Ian Rappaport just said on NFL Network that the Ravens tried to sign Jerrick McKinnon who just got $7 million a season from the 49ers. I have no idea how much the Ravens wanted to spend but I didn't think a 3rd down back was on their list with Dixon, Collins and Allen all under contract.
    I've been telling yall about our RBs. There is definitely room to improve--and to mitigate risk.
    But while McKinnon is good for what he does, whyTF is Ozzie throwing money at a UFA with the depth of this RB class?
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

I'd like to think that Flacco is better than Brett Hundley.

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    I would be normally all on Nelson but his production was bad last year, he played 15 games but without Aaron Rogers throwing him the ball he wasn't the same player. So how would he do with Flacco?

Besides he said he wants to play in Raiders or Patriots.

But Nelson is the best route runner of the bunch

I think we will not sign any other WRS. Terrell Pryor has the most upside of all remaining, his youth, and ability to be #1 WR
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

They really want that receiving back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    I would be normally all on Nelson but his production was bad last year, he played 15 games but without Aaron Rogers throwing him the ball he wasn't the same player.

Terrell Pryor has the most upside of all remaining, his youth, and ability to be #1 WR
    I dont know how you can knock Jordy for not playing well with Brett Hundley and then in the same post say Terrell pryor is young and has upside as #1 when he did absolutely nothing with Cousins last year. Grant was a better WR than Pryor in that same offense, so we should be even happier we got him, if youre still in on Pryor.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

As far as receivers go, I don't want anyone old. I would be fine with bringing back Mike Wallace but anyone else on the wrong side of 30, no thanks. I ripped the Grant move and I shredded the Brown move but bottom line, I'll take chances on those guys over a decrepit, over the hill guy like Jordy.

I would make an exception also for Crabtree but he may not even get released and in this market I highly doubt they have the funds left to pay him anyway.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    As far as receivers go, I don't want anyone old. I would be fine with bringing back Mike Wallace but anyone else on the wrong side of 30, no thanks. I ripped the Grant move and I shredded the Brown move but bottom line, I'll take chances on those guys over a decrepit, over the hill guy like Jordy.

I would make an exception also for Crabtree but he may not even get released and in this market I highly doubt they have the funds left to pay him anyway.
    Age should certainly be a factor.

They really need to hit on some young WR's in the draft.