Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 141516
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens / Colts Game Thread

Like I said earlier this year, the kid should get some reps. I'd just like to see how he does against a Pittsburgh D!

John Madden said it best, start Smith the rest of the way at least to see what we have and not have another Derek Anderson move with Smith.
    To all you pro-Boller guys, I think we have seen enough of him.

My the way, I support Tex in his past McNair comments. McNair looked bad this season and being pretty banged up has had something to do with it. That being said, I am not going to blame every interception, fumble and the like on McNair just as some of the pro-Boller people continually throw McNair under the bus and forgive Boller for every miscue he commits.

Boller just doesn't have the "it" to be a starter. I don't think he is the type of guy that could get the rest of his teammates to rally around him like a McNair or maybe even a Troy Smith.

You heard about many of the players expressing dismay when talk of telling McNair to sit down came up (before McNair volunteered to himself); I have never heard much of the same sentiment about Boller at any point in his career from any of his actual teammates.

It is these non-measurable leadership traits that McNair and maybe even Troy Smith has that Boller doesn't.

Flame on my statements all you want, but that is just the way any non-biased observer (John Madden said this in much shorter statements tonight) would see the Ravens current qb situation.

Quote Originally Posted by purple bird View Post
    John Madden said it best, start Smith the rest of the way at least to see what we have and not have another Derek Anderson move with Smith.
    To all you pro-Boller guys, I think we have seen enough of him.

My the way, I support Tex in his past McNair comments. McNair looked bad this season and being pretty banged up has had something to do with it. That being said, I am not going to blame every interception, fumble and the like on McNair just as some of the pro-Boller people continually throw McNair under the bus and forgive Boller for every miscue he commits.

Boller just doesn't have the "it" to be a starter. I don't think he is the type of guy that could get the rest of his teammates to rally around him like a McNair or maybe even a Troy Smith.

You heard about many of the players expressing dismay when talk of telling McNair to sit down came up (before McNair volunteered to himself); I have never heard much of the same sentiment about Boller at any point in his career from any of his actual teammates.

It is these non-measurable leadership traits that McNair and maybe even Troy Smith has that Boller doesn't.

Flame on my statements all you want, but that is just the way any non-biased observer (John Madden said this in much shorter statements tonight) would see the Ravens current qb situation.
    I agree with much of what you said except the McNair comments.

He led he league in fumbles when he was healthy. He just doesnt have it anymore.

As for Chris Redman, I hope he earns himself a second start tommorrow night.

In the 2003 training camp he actually played pretty well, but we all know what came about from the Billick-Boller love affair from that.

In St. Louis, Redman had no confidence from the coach so he pretty much played like Boller in Denver in 2005. Of course Redman gets cut for a single performance like that while we still have Boller.

I actually thought there was much promise in Redman from what I saw in 2002, but then Billick must've fallen for the deep ball (and loser mentality) of Jeff Blake and came up with the Redman "back injury".

How come we continually must state the disclaimer "I know Troy Smith isn't it but..." when referring to wanting to see Troy Smith play and we are supposed to accept the statement "Chris Redman was horrible" when in fact we haven't really seen any of these two play more than six or seven games at the pro level? We have seen Boller play in some 40 games and we have to give him even more chances? What kind of logic is that? Trying the same experiment over and over again and, despite getting the same result we expect something different the next time, is mental insanity.

Smith may or may not be the answer, Redman may be worth nothing, but we will never know unless we give them at least a quarter of the opportunities that we have given to Kyle Boller.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    As they say in Annapolis West:

BOLLER IS OUR FUTURE.

:insane: :grbac:
    Until the end of next year......