Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: 2019 QB class. The Flacco- Heir apparent

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Damn Hbg lmao. I rather like the cat...
    Im not a scout, I just watch the games. I saw a bunch of his early games and thought he was a detriment. I realize Im in the minority
    Burn it down

While I like what I’ve seen from Lock and Thorson....Grier is my guy. Prob go later in the draft and the kid is tough. To me he plays like Big Ben when he was younger. Strong. Gamer. I’d like a little more weight on him for the AFC North but I think he’s a great fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NC State guy

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    While I like what I’ve seen from Lock and Thorson....Grier is my guy. Prob go later in the draft and the kid is tough. To me he plays like Big Ben when he was younger. Strong. Gamer. I’d like a little more weight on him for the AFC North but I think he’s a great fit.

I like Grier as well. He's definitely a gamer. I have caution with the system he's in and having the ability to lob it to Sills makes me a little cautious but I like his fight
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I like Grier as well. He's definitely a gamer. I have caution with the system he's in and having the ability to lob it to Sills makes me a little cautious but I like his fight
    I don’t think he’s a day one starter unless we get a coach like McVay that can call the plays in the headset at the line. Might have to stick with a WCO also. But like you said ...I love his fight! Kid has heart.

No Trace McSorley? *tries to keep straight face *

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I'd rather just take a guy in the 4th this year to get this process started sooner, instead of waiting until next year for any of those guys. I wouldn't mind Luke Falk.

Stidham was in a completely new offense the first few games. Don't think it's productive at all to judge him on those. I'm with BPR, I like him.

Ryan Finley and Jake Browning are a couple other names to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    I don’t think he’s a day one starter unless we get a coach like McVay that can call the plays in the headset at the line. Might have to stick with a WCO also. But like you said ...I love his fight! Kid has heart.

Wait! Why would we stick with a WCO guy? We run a WCO, so, by Raven's logic, we'll draft a guy with a big arm that likes to throw it deep. We may be the only team in the league that doesn't cater the offense to the quarterback.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Wait! Why would we stick with a WCO guy? We run a WCO, so, by Raven's logic, we'll draft a guy with a big arm that likes to throw it deep. We may be the only team in the league that doesn't cater the offense to the quarterback.

🤣

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post

the feels
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I'm a huge fan of Clayton Thorson. I LOVE him as a prospect, scouting him is such a breath of fresh air after the nightmare that is the 2018 QB class.

It's so rare nowadays to have a prospect who is as mechanically sound as he is and actually shows football IQ. His arm strength isn't a question at all either, he can throw the sideline out on a line with a nice tight spiral. IMO he's really the total package as a WCO QB. If he played for a real team he'd be in the conversation for #1 overall pick in 2019.
    Lock is the favorite to go #1 overall, but Thorson is the guy I want in 2019.
    I just watched three cut-ups of him from this past season: vs Bowling Green, Wisconsin, and Penn St.

It's easy to see the positives. Great fundamentals: it's a joy to watch him instantly reset his feet as he moves thru his progressions. Keeps himself ready to throw "on platform" as he arrives at each read. Consistently strides into his throws. Processes quickly. Excellent intermediate accuracy. Good runner. Plays with a lot of heart.

But – his arm strength?? Even though he strides into nearly every throw, the ball seems to float out there softly.

I dunno, maybe I'm wrong about this. I saw a couple plays where they snapped on the right hash and he threw all the way to the left (far) sideline. Also saw a couple of long throws – his placement is great. But it looks like a low-velocity softball to me. That's a problem, esp in our division.

Great kid. If the arm strength question is answered, I would want him, absolutely.