Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: 2019 QB class. The Flacco- Heir apparent

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I agree 100% ... Bc

I don't even think that. I still believe the Ravens have a competitive team although not exactly a Super Bowl contender. Granted it's early, but I see the Ravens falling somewhere between 7 - 9 and 9 - 7. That won't get us high enough to vie for the 2019 #1... Bc
    I don't know. I think the Ravens are a train wreck right now. They may not get the top pick, but I bet they're in the top 10 next draft.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I agree 100% ... Bc

I don't even think that. I still believe the Ravens have a competitive team although not exactly a Super Bowl contender. Granted it's early, but I see the Ravens falling somewhere between 7 - 9 and 9 - 7. That won't get us high enough to vie for the 2019 #1... Bc
    6 wins gets you a top 10 pick. Right now that's in the realm of possibility. I really hate our schedule this year. I don't see us beating a team in the NFC South and at best splitting in the division. That's 7 losses just from those games.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    6 wins gets you a top 10 pick. Right now that's in the realm of possibility. I really hate our schedule this year. I don't see us beating a team in the NFC South and at best splitting in the division. That's 7 losses just from those games.
    I think a top 10 pick is fair to assume. Splitting in our division next year may be tough. The fact that we lost at home to the Bengals last year with everything on the line doesn't give me much confidence that we'll even split with them next year. I'm not sure that we don't lise one to the Browns and we're just not in the steelers class right now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Hmmm, maybe so, but with our new "D" coordinator we may shake that Dean Pees late game jinx (maybe not?). Despite the tough schedule I just feel the Ravens have enough talent, with hopefully more to come from the draft, that we may be pleasantly surprised. I'm likely being too optimistic, but it is March after all... Bc

Apologies for how poorly this video is put together.

I think we sort of have to wait and see how the draft plays out there are just so many QB's in the draft there is a good chance someone falls. Whether we take advantage will be the question.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    I think we sort of have to wait and see how the draft plays out there are just so many QB's in the draft there is a good chance someone falls. Whether we take advantage will be the question.
    We have to take a QB in 2019. Not only to prepare for Joe, but its the only way to put pressure on him negotiation wise incase he actually turns it around. If you have a replacement, he's more likely to make a team friendly deal if we choose to keep him
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    We have to take a QB in 2019. Not only to prepare for Joe, but its the only way to put pressure on him negotiation wise incase he actually turns it around. If you have a replacement, he's more likely to make a team friendly deal if we choose to keep him
    I agree we should take a QB no later than 2019. But Joe's already under contract through 2021. In the event he actually does turn it around this year, there's no need to re-negotiate. In fact, if Joe turns in a good season he'd have little incentive to make a "team friendly" deal. At that point, you just leave the contract the way it is.

On the other hand, if he does NOT turn it around - which I believe is more likely - the team could then ask Joe to take a straight pay cut a la Dennis Pitta- NOT a restructure or extension (which is the last thing I'd want to see). But they'd have to have a potential replacement on the roster to make the threat of release credible.
    Last edited by trailhiker85; 03-19-2018 at 09:24 AM.

Blog Entries

Hmmm, maybe so, but with our new "D" coordinator we may shake that Dean Pees late game jinx (maybe not?). Despite the tough schedule I just feel the Ravens have enough talent, with hopefully more to come from the draft, that we may be pleasantly surprised. I'm likely being too optimistic, but it is March after all... Bc
    I'm a glass half empty kind of guy so I'm hoping it's your view instead of mine

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    I think a top 10 pick is fair to assume. Splitting in our division next year may be tough. The fact that we lost at home to the Bengals last year with everything on the line doesn't give me much confidence that we'll even split with them next year. I'm not sure that we don't lise one to the Browns and we're just not in the steelers class right now.

It is hard to say in the off season. Every year teams are surprisingly good and others are surprisingly bad. Injuries happen. I would be surprised if the Ravens did not win 7 games next year. I am guessing we land in the 10-15 range with a high of maybe 9.