Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    37,746
    Blog Entries
    1

    OT: Today, in the world of, 'What have you done?'

    What has Greg Schiano done to get this contract?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore





  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    39,594
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT: Today, in the world of, 'What have you done?'

    want my opinion? I don't think he wanted the job. He was like - 'you want me, then pay me $40m, private jets, new facilities, no buyout'. He never dreamed they'd say yes...
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!





  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    37,746
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT: Today, in the world of, 'What have you done?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    want my opinion? I don't think he wanted the job. He was like - 'you want me, then pay me $40m, private jets, new facilities, no buyout'. He never dreamed they'd say yes...
    Well, if that's how it went down, then at least he's self-aware.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore





  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Balmer Merlin Hon
    Posts
    4,664
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT: Today, in the world of, 'What have you done?'

    Come on, Tin Toothpick. This isn't even about the NFL & has no place on the main board at this time of year, per the rules.

    You abuse Tony's forbearance all the time with this sort of antic. You won't put your o/t crap where it belongs because you just gotta make sure everyone on the main board sees it with your nym prominently featured.

    Beyond moving this to another forum (where it will appropriately die), I hope you suffer some significant consequences that make you think twice about continuing to ignore the rules & abuse the system here. A two-week timeout in the heat of the playoff run ought to chastise you properly.





  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    37,746
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT: Today, in the world of, 'What have you done?'

    Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Come on, Tin Toothpick. This isn't even about the NFL & has no place on the main board at this time of year, per the rules.

    You abuse Tony's forbearance all the time with this sort of antic. You won't put your o/t crap where it belongs because you just gotta make sure everyone on the main board sees it with your nym prominently featured.

    Beyond moving this to another forum (where it will appropriately die), I hope you suffer some significant consequences that make you think twice about continuing to ignore the rules & abuse the system here. A two-week timeout in the heat of the playoff run ought to chastise you properly.
    How.............DARE.........you? You have no dominion over the Land of Verdite, and to glaze our poor great Board Head in a false coating of filth, is fraudulence at its finest.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore





  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    39,594
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT: Today, in the world of, 'What have you done?'

    don't like it, don't read it. I skip plenty of threads


    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!





  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    37,746
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT: Today, in the world of, 'What have you done?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    don't like it, don't read it. I skip plenty of threads


    Yeah Loba, you Simpsons character. Yellow is a fitting color for you.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore





  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Balmer Merlin Hon
    Posts
    4,664
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT: Today, in the world of, 'What have you done?'

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Yeah Loba, you Simpsons character. Yellow is a fitting color for you.
    Get the fuck off my lawn, punk!

    (Ahem.) I quote from the top of this forum:
    Pure Ravens talk during the season - this may include discussion of competing NFL teams and players, if relevant to Ravens football.
    There, I even blew it up for you in case you can't find your reading glasses.

    What about this RULE do you not understand?
    Why do you feel free to routinely ignore it?
    Why do you do so with impunity?

    Youth wants to know (& old age is pretty fucking curious too).
    Quantitative insultant to the Crow-Magnons of RSR since dogonlynose when.
    statistics, n. A mathematical discipline of investigation and analysis in which
    • error is normal,
    • deviation is standard, and
    • data is a 4-letter word
    (Loba's Licentious Lexicon)





  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    8,648

    Re: OT: Today, in the world of, 'What have you done?'

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    What has Greg Schiano done to get this contract?
    That Rutgers seemingly desperate for any credibility outbid themselves for Schiano. Who was their backup plan Randy Edsall?





  10. #10

    Re: OT: Today, in the world of, 'What have you done?'

    I mean the very obvious answer is that he did a fantastic job at Rutgers the first time around? Before he got there that program had literally never won a bowl game, and they turned right back into a dumpster fire the moment the players he recruited left. But over the latter half of his tenure there they were consistently winning 8-9 games, and one year they were even ranked in the top 10.

    I doubt this will work out but they’re arguably the worst program in any Power 5 conference right now, so might as well try something.





  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    37,746
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT: Today, in the world of, 'What have you done?'

    Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Get the fuck off my lawn, punk!

    (Ahem.) I quote from the top of this forum:There, I even blew it up for you in case you can't find your reading glasses.

    What about this RULE do you not understand?
    Why do you feel free to routinely ignore it?
    Why do you do so with impunity?

    Youth wants to know (& old age is pretty fucking curious too).
    I don't wear glasses yet. Don't you wish that on me!
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore





  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Balt-Wash corridor
    Posts
    14,346

    Re: OT: Today, in the world of, 'What have you done?'

    Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I mean the very obvious answer is that he did a fantastic job at Rutgers the first time around? Before he got there that program had literally never won a bowl game, and they turned right back into a dumpster fire the moment the players he recruited left. But over the latter half of his tenure there they were consistently winning 8-9 games, and one year they were even ranked in the top 10.

    I doubt this will work out but they’re arguably the worst program in any Power 5 conference right now, so might as well try something.
    Yeah. It seems like it should be a good move.

    I have some skepticism about "going home again" moves, how often they actually work out. There's a whiff of "tail between the legs" to it: Schiano thought he could succeed in the big bad NFL, but naw. Ultimately I kinda don't want it to work out, because I don't want things to get even harder for Maryland – maybe that's the real reason behind my "skepticism". But he seems the obvious choice for them: the only guy who's actually won there.

    Did the move to the B1G happen after he left? Or were they there when he was there?





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site