Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Climate Change - New Book Details How Al Gore ‘Lavishly’ Profited Off Climate Lobbying

https://www.dailywire.com/news/28109...ed-joseph-curl

I don't think there has been a climate change thread on here in awhile...at least since Trump pulled out of the Paris Climate deal.

I also don't think a thread like this can eventually be derailed into "you are racist and don't understand" theme.

So, it looks like Al Gore's crusade on ridding the world of evil weather is actually a profitable business. He seems to be doing well. Really, really, really, really well. Wow!

And it’s not just universities, professors, and green organizations that have reaped financial benefits from the climate panic. Former vice president Al Gore has done quite well for himself, too. As Bloomberg News reported, “In the last personal finance report he filed as vice president, Gore disclosed on May 22, 2000, that the value of his assets totaled between $780,000 and $1.9 million.”

Buy by 2007, Gore’s wealth had skyrocketed. By that point he had a net worth “well in excess” of $100 million, including pre–public offering Google stock options, according to an article at Fast Company. MIT scientist Richard Lindzen declared that Gore wanted to become the world’s first “carbon billionaire.” After the Obama administration bloated climate and energy stimulus packages, Gore was on the path to that achievement.

By 2008, Gore was so flush that he announced a $300 million campaign to promote climate fears and so-called solutions. And he just kept raking it in. According to a 2012 Washington Post report, “14 green-tech firms in which Gore invested received or directly benefited from more than $2.5 billion in loans, grants and tax breaks, part of Obama’s historic push to seed a U.S. renewable-energy industry with public money.”

Good job Al! You've cornered the climate change market and you did it without Clarence Beaks' help.

Re: Climate Change - New Book Details How Al Gore ‘Lavishly’ Profited Off Climate Lobbying

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/28109...ed-joseph-curl

I don't think there has been a climate change thread on here in awhile...at least since Trump pulled out of the Paris Climate deal.

I also don't think a thread like this can eventually be derailed into "you are racist and don't understand" theme.

So, it looks like Al Gore's crusade on ridding the world of evil weather is actually a profitable business. He seems to be doing well. Really, really, really, really well. Wow!

And it’s not just universities, professors, and green organizations that have reaped financial benefits from the climate panic. Former vice president Al Gore has done quite well for himself, too. As Bloomberg News reported, “In the last personal finance report he filed as vice president, Gore disclosed on May 22, 2000, that the value of his assets totaled between $780,000 and $1.9 million.”

Buy by 2007, Gore’s wealth had skyrocketed. By that point he had a net worth “well in excess” of $100 million, including pre–public offering Google stock options, according to an article at Fast Company. MIT scientist Richard Lindzen declared that Gore wanted to become the world’s first “carbon billionaire.” After the Obama administration bloated climate and energy stimulus packages, Gore was on the path to that achievement.

By 2008, Gore was so flush that he announced a $300 million campaign to promote climate fears and so-called solutions. And he just kept raking it in. According to a 2012 Washington Post report, “14 green-tech firms in which Gore invested received or directly benefited from more than $2.5 billion in loans, grants and tax breaks, part of Obama’s historic push to seed a U.S. renewable-energy industry with public money.”

Good job Al! You've cornered the climate change market and you did it without Clarence Beaks' help.
    Your list doesn’t include all the $$ he’s surely raking in for “inventing “ the internet!!! Lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Climate Change - New Book Details How Al Gore ‘Lavishly’ Profited Off Climate Lobbying

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Your list doesn’t include all the $$ he’s surely raking in for “inventing “ the internet!!! Lmao.
    I don't have a problem with Al Gore capitalizing off of this. I really don't. He's providing for the Gore family and his career has been waaaaaaaaay more successful since he lost to W in 2000.

Clearly, his livelihood depends on pushing this debate to the forefront and in doing so, he's playing on the fears of people all over the world. I think it's important to know that when we hear about a movie he produces or an interview he gives or a speech that he makes...he has a motive and his motive makes him millions upon millions of dollars.

I don't have a problem with Al Gore capitalizing off of this. I really don't. He's providing for the Gore family and his career has been waaaaaaaaay more successful since he lost to W in 2000.

Clearly, his livelihood depends on pushing this debate to the forefront and in doing so, he's playing on the fears of people all over the world. I think it's important to know that when we hear about a movie he produces or an interview he gives or a speech that he makes...he has a motive and his motive makes him millions upon millions of dollars.
    Oh. Absolutely. Dude is a Capitalist. I think climate change is a reality but it’s also something that we as humans can’t do anything about. Gore always seemed like a tube to me. Kinda like Quayle 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Oh. Absolutely. Dude is a Capitalist. I think climate change is a reality but it’s also something that we as humans can’t do anything about. Gore always seemed like a tube to me. Kinda like Quayle 2.0.
    That's where I stand. That doesn't make me a denier either.

From some of the discussions I've had with left-leaning friends, they spend the entire discussion trying to prove to me that it's real as if I am denying it.

That's where I stand. That doesn't make me a denier either.

From some of the discussions I've had with left-leaning friends, they spend the entire discussion trying to prove to me that it's real as if I am denying it.
    Agenda man. Gotta have an agenda.

Blog Entries

Climate's gonna do what it's gonna do. Gore just figured out how to get rich on something you can't prove that man is causing. According to this report, he uses 21.3 times more energy than the average American. That is the real "Inconvenient Truth.." Your typical political hypocrite. What a POS.

http://dailysignal.com/2017/08/15/al...int-hypocrisy/

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Climate's gonna do what it's gonna do. Gore just figured out how to get rich on something you can't prove that man is causing. According to this report, he uses 21.3 times more energy than the average American. That is the real "Inconvenient Truth.." Your typical political hypocrite. What a POS.

Right!

Again, it's that soapbox talk that these assholes like to give to us regular folk. It's why the Hollywood/liberal elites are so disconnected from everyday Americans. They have no problem telling us how they think we should think, act, vote all the while doing the very things they preach against.

No matter which way you lean in life...hypocrisy pisses EVERYONE off and once you're exposed as a fraud (coughObamacough)...the people will turn against you.

Beat me to it on the energy usage.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

A lot of you guys are probably too young to know that in the late 70's the libs were preaching about the coming Ice Age. Now it's warming. Do they ever have any "Good" news? No, they just have hate and fear to keep their voters in line. "Keep America Great"!!!

Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Wasn’t that debunked?

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Wasn’t that debunked?

I've seen many different articles on it with different amounts reported. Most debunker sites like Snopes are liberal leftest who debunk just about everything. But they even say it's partially true, using at least 12 times the average American uses and then they go on and spit out their usual excuses as to why. Bigger home, Tipper and him work at home, made renovations, bla, bla, bla. They fail to mention he has at least 2 other homes that are more than likely using lots of energy.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/al-gores-energy-use/