Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens are looking at QB early per Laconfora

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    lol you ain't lying there bro, I have no idea what these guys are doing anymore, I don't see a new QB flourishing under Harbaugh and MM for the future if that's the plan and this team's philosophy but hell what do we know, we just been watching them waste flacco prime years for the last 5 years while trying to maintain defense in an offensive driven league, then they wanna reset the WR position in the worse possibly year to reset because there isn't shit out there for pass catchers this year on the market. lol I swear the Ravens are like flies flying around looking for a fly trap.
    I've already writ off next year. I don't see really anyway to field a competitive team next year with what we have at QB and the lack of talent we have at TE and WR plus the salary cap constraints.

All I'm sort of looking for is to get us setup for the next regime. That means drafting a QB. That means finding a couple of high upside receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    I am personally hoping its Smoke Screen
    It's pure bullshit floated by the Ravens for draft day mischief.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

just be clear I am only against drafting a QB because of this coaching staff, FO and team philosophy. not because i care about flacco, if it were up to me flacco would have gotten cut the day the season ended. But Steve already said they are not drafting a QB they have bigger fish to fry, but Harbaugh said they wouldn't mind looking at a QB sooooo we will see who owns the team lol.

lol you ain't lying there bro, I have no idea what these guys are doing anymore, I don't see a new QB flourishing under Harbaugh and MM for the future if that's the plan and this team's philosophy but hell what do we know, we just been watching them waste flacco prime years for the last 5 years while trying to maintain defense in an offensive driven league, then they wanna reset the WR position in the worse possibly year to reset because there isn't shit out there for pass catchers this year on the market. lol I swear the Ravens are like flies flying around looking for a fly trap.
    One of the things also mentioned which I forgot, not sure who said it maybe Ken Whyman but might have been Laconfora was that Steve B is looking for a way to re energize the fan base and a QB like Mayfield would do that.

Not saying I agree with it, but someone said that. I was listening driving home from work and had to cut it off

If the draft unfolds with a trade down from 16 for a lower 1st and an early 2nd, I could see them going QB in Round 2. If the FO thinks Mason Rudolph is the guy and we could get him in the 2nd and he wouldn't have to play right away, I think it makes sense.
    Check out Rudolph's film and particularly his interview with Mariucci on NFL network. In another year, he might be the second or third QB off the board in Round 1.

Joe Flacco hasn't been 100 percent healthy since 2014. Other than Mike Wallace who does he really have any chemistry with?. He missed a ton of training camp and preseason last year . Steve Smith Sr and Dennis Pitta been gone like a year ago. Even though I would prefer The Ravens to bring back Mike Wallace i'm not sure resetting the wide receiver position would hurt all that much.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    I've already writ off next year. I don't see really anyway to field a competitive team next year with what we have at QB and the lack of talent we have at TE and WR plus the salary cap constraints.

All I'm sort of looking for is to get us setup for the next regime. That means drafting a QB. That means finding a couple of high upside receivers.
    that's where my line of thinking is as well if this happens. I don't see how this team is going to be better with the same people running it.

FWO won't like this one bit.
    We don’t LOL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    I get your anger but Joe Flacco hasn't been 100 percent healthy since 2014. Other than Mike Wallace who does he really have any chemistry with?. He missed a ton of training camp and preseason last year . Steve Smith Sr and Dennis Pitta been gone like a year ago. Even though I would prefer The Ravens to bring back Mike Wallace i'm not sure resetting the wide receiver position would hurt all that much.
    not under john harbaugh, NOT under John Harbaugh.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    We don’t LOL
    lol I would like Baker tho

lol I would like Baker tho
    I like Baker a lot. Plays with swagger. He's a bit of a fool, but I don't see the Manziel parallels. Baker seems motivated by winning. Manziel was motivated by money. I think it's a huge difference.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I like Baker a lot. Plays with swagger. He's a bit of a fool, but I don't see the Manziel parallels. Baker seems motivated by winning. Manziel was motivated by money. I think it's a huge difference.
    I don't see it either and Baker had to work for his in college nothing was handed to him like that punk Manziel.