Quote Originally Posted by cvilleRaven View Post
$15,000 between the two fines. Billick told us in 1999 that he'd pay any fines the band ever received- he wanted us rowdy. We happily obliged. Those fine letters were a badge of honor! I remember a few QBs complaining to the refs that they couldn't hear their headsets down in our end zone (I want to say Flutie was one of them). The refs would shrug because there was nothing they could do about it. Or in 1999 when we were singing "Oh when the Saints... go 2 and 12..." for practically the entire game. It got into the head of one of their players (I think Kyle Turley) and he got himself ejected. So many fun things we used to do (na na na na hey hey hey, good bye [you suck/you're cut (preseason version)], [visiting team player name] SUCKS!, percussion banging on the bleachers (that's the thing that got the rules changed). We're required to be a lot tamer these days. The league can't stop me from stomping on the floor though (more on that later).

Those crowds back then - the 2000 home opener against Jacksonville, the 2003 game winner against San Diego - I'll never forget those moments. 2012 against New England is right up there.

I've definitely left my mark. No - really. There's a 1/4" - 1/2" deep depression in the floor of the bleachers from me stomping on it for the DE-FENSE chant (and continuing it after the huddle breaks when it can't be displayed anymore), which I will only bring out in full force when necessary - I've scared people before. It's also a Pavlovian response for some - I proved that last year. All I did was stomp twice in the middle of a dull moment while we were on defense between snaps and a guy two rows in front of me immediately starting chanting. The bleachers shake as well - to the point that people 8 rows in front of me can feel it. I'm honestly surprised the stands have held up as well as they have.
God bless ya brother! Great story! And you didn't even curse