Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 510
  1. #25

    Re: 2018 Ravens Free Agency discussion



    Possible inbound...

    Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet

    One free agent match that’s worth watching as we get into next week: #Colts WR Donte Moncrief and the #Ravens. Baltimore is revamping its receiving corps and Moncrief should sign a nice 1-year deal. Could he be this year’s Alshon Jeffery?


    Ridiculous comparison by Rapoport, but Moncrief was liked by many in 2014, and often mentioned as an affordable target for 2018.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

    "On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

    BP '17 (post Maclin rev): 65 of 115 for 1050 and 8

    @BigPlayReceiver





  2. #26

    Re: 2018 Ravens Free Agency discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Possible inbound...

    Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet

    One free agent match that’s worth watching as we get into next week: #Colts WR Donte Moncrief and the #Ravens. Baltimore is revamping its receiving corps and Moncrief should sign a nice 1-year deal. Could he be this year’s Alshon Jeffery?


    Ridiculous comparison by Rapoport, but Moncrief was liked by many in 2014, and often mentioned as an affordable target for 2018.
    Agree.

    I liked Moncrief coming out of college, and think should be better than what he's shown thusfar, but he is not top tier WR. He's the guy you sign and expect to be the 3, with the hope he has a bust out game here or there and has occasional big plays with the ceiling of being a #2
    Last call 2018 James Washington Hype Train





  3. #27

    Re: 2018 Ravens Free Agency discussion

    Would not mind him as the second signing with the first being a splashy one.





  4. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    46,653
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: 2018 Ravens Free Agency discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Possible inbound...

    Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet

    One free agent match that’s worth watching as we get into next week: #Colts WR Donte Moncrief and the #Ravens. Baltimore is revamping its receiving corps and Moncrief should sign a nice 1-year deal. Could he be this year’s Alshon Jeffery?


    Ridiculous comparison by Rapoport, but Moncrief was liked by many in 2014, and often mentioned as an affordable target for 2018.
    I'm a fan of signing Moncrief. He's got size (6'2" 220-225lbs). He can go up and get it, he can be a deep threat, and he can be a red zone target. I liked him coming out of Ole'Miss too. Oh, and he's still pretty young (24 now, won't be 25 until August).
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





  5. #29

    Re: 2018 Ravens Free Agency discussion

    Some secondary WR signings I wouldnt mind (no particular order)
    - Terrell Pryor
    - Donte Montcrief
    - Dontrelle Inman
    - John Brown
    - Taylor Gabriel





  6. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    19,998

    Re: 2018 Ravens Free Agency discussion

    I just think by "this years Jeffrey" he means a guy that's going to re-establish himself. Moncreif was pretty damn good when healthy.

    I don't think he'd be on Jeffrey's level though.
    Its not whether you get knocked down; its whether you get up.
    Vince Lombardi

    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

    Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR





  7. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    35,298
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: 2018 Ravens Free Agency discussion

    can I ask why we choose the worse year to "re-establish" the WR corp? Like this years list of FA's are not that great, the draft don't have much either in terms of good to elite WR talent. Smh the Ravens just always seem to be behind in everything they do. Last year was probably a better year to do this. Oh well better late than never they say.





  8. #32

    Re: 2018 Ravens Free Agency discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Moncreif was pretty damn good when Andrew Luck was healthy.
    Fixed that for ya!

    But seriously, I hope he wasn't just a byproduct of Luck. The back to back down seasons could suggest this, however the whole Colts offense has stunk to high heaven the past two years.

    I did not realize Moncrief was that big (6'2", 216lb) or that young (25 in August). He could be that possession receiver we've been missing since Boldin left.

    My only concern is he missed time the last two seasons (12 GS in 2017, 9 GS in 2016), but I'm not sure if it was because of injury or something else. I vaguely remember him getting hurt in 2016.
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr






  9. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    19,998

    Re: 2018 Ravens Free Agency discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by moviemaniacx View Post
    Fixed that for ya!

    But seriously, I hope he wasn't just a byproduct of Luck. The back to back down seasons could suggest this, however the whole Colts offense has stunk to high heaven the past two years.

    I did not realize Moncrief was that big (6'2", 216lb) or that young (25 in August). He could be that possession receiver we've been missing since Boldin left.

    My only concern is he missed time the last two seasons (12 GS in 2017, 9 GS in 2016), but I'm not sure if it was because of injury or something else. I vaguely remember him getting hurt in 2016.
    Definitely a good point. His value shouldn't be too high. Could be good right player right price. Then again, WR's get paiiiid so who the heck knows.
    Its not whether you get knocked down; its whether you get up.
    Vince Lombardi

    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

    Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR





  10. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    6,554
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 2018 Ravens Free Agency discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    can I ask why we choose the worse year to "re-establish" the WR corp? Like this years list of FA's are not that great, the draft don't have much either in terms of good to elite WR talent. Smh the Ravens just always seem to be behind in everything they do. Last year was probably a better year to do this. Oh well better late than never they say.
    Between Landry being available for trade, Watkins and Robinson both not being tagged and other mid level WRs available, I'd actually say it's a very good year to be WR hunting in FA. Not often you see three legitimate #1 type receivers available. I wouldn't mind Moncreif but if they don't come away with one of those top level guys it's a disappointment and a failure IMO.
    Twitter: @3nd0worm

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the mans preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





  11. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    46,653
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: 2018 Ravens Free Agency discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Between Landry being available for trade, Watkins and Robinson both not being tagged and other mid level WRs available, I'd actually say it's a very good year to be WR hunting in FA. Not often you see three legitimate #1 type receivers available. I wouldn't mind Moncreif but if they don't come away with one of those top level guys it's a disappointment and a failure IMO.
    Word.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





  12. #36

    Re: 2018 Ravens Free Agency discussion

    they aint got no monies to compete in FA for these guys





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site