Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's your one?

Who's your one?

While we're in the middle of draft season and we're gonna be getting at least 6-7 new Ravens, who's the one draft pick from our history that you wished worked out? Essentially if you had the ability to turn one bust into the player that matched their supposed hype.

Re: Who's your one?

Toss up between Kyle Boller and Breshad Perriman.

I’d go with Elam or Cody. If Elam works..we don’t have Weddle or Jefferson. If Mt Cody works ...no B Will. Saves lots of cap $$$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Perriman or Max Williams

Good ones so far. I'd add that Sergio Kindle was selected 11 spots before Carlos Dunlap. Pass rushers have been a bit of an issue as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Good ones so far. I'd add that Sergio Kindle was selected 11 spots before Carlos Dunlap. Pass rushers have been a bit of an issue as well.
    Yes. Actually forgot King Serg. What coulda been.

7. Re: Who's your one?

There are just too many.....can't decide. You're making my brain hurt, man.

Gimme Chris Redman as a stud out of the 2000 draft.

Win the Superbowl with Dilfer, then instead of Grbac, we go to Redman in 2001, and basically, given a long, Hall of Fame type career, he'd be winding down his legacy right now.

No Boller, no Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Gimme Chris Redman as a stud out of the 2000 draft.

Win the Superbowl with Dilfer, then instead of Grbac, we go to Redman in 2001, and basically, given a long, Hall of Fame type career, he'd be winding down his legacy right now.

No Boller, no Flacco.
    That's a real darkhorse candidate that I did not think of.

Redman, Boller any QB that we drafted during the prime of Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. I'd imagine we'd have gotten to at least 2 more Super Bowls with hopefully at least one more win if we had a QB even at the level of Carson Palmer. We wasted a lot of really good defenses during that time trying to figure out if Boller was any good and then the 2 years of McNair...and even the first 2 years of Joe in the playoffs.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

It has to be Boller. They traded so much to get him. Has any Ravens player in history cost the team a 1st and 2nd round pick? None that I can think of. To spend all that for a dud is just brutal

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It has to be Boller. They traded so much to get him. Has any Ravens player in history cost the team a 1st and 2nd round pick? None that I can think of. To spend all that for a dud is just brutal
    Yep. Boller had a great team around him.... even playing halfway decent he could have won 1-2 Superbowls
    Burn it down