Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: 2018 League-wide Free Agency Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaniacx View Post
    This is where I'm at right now too. Robinson and Moncrief would make a pretty good one-two punch. Grab D.J. Moore and suddenly the WR corps looks solid.
    I’d like that scenario, but only if our WR draftee is given the opportunity to play his way to WR2 by season’s end.

I think our approach to FA and the draft should be roughly equivalent:

1) draft - one WR at the top and one in the mid-rounds (4/5); a TE somewhere between 2-4

2) FA - one top tier talent (WR or TE) and 2 second/third tier guys

Blog Entries

Re: 2018 League-wide Free Agency Tracker

Jaguars tell Allen Robinson he won’t get tagged
    Posted by Josh Alper on March 6, 2018, 10:59 AM EST

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nt-get-tagged/

... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    I’d like that scenario, but only if our WR draftee is given the opportunity to play his way to WR2 by season’s end.
    Unless there’s an injury it’s doubtful. No matter the position Harbs just doesn’t let rookies play.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal55 View Post
    Unless there’s an injury it’s doubtful. No matter the position Harbs just doesn’t let rookies play.
    LMAO. This isn't accurate AT ALL.

Marlon Humphrey played pretty much all year. Even before Jimmy got hurt.
    Tavon Young played a lot last year.
    Alex Lewis started as a rookie.
    Ronnie Stanley started as a rookie.
    CJ Mosley started as a rookie.

Those are just recent guys I can think of off the top of my head.

This meme that Harbaugh doesnt play rookies is total horse shit.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaniacx View Post
    This is where I'm at right now too. Robinson and Moncrief would make a pretty good one-two punch. Grab D.J. Moore and suddenly the WR corps looks solid.
    Lol...starting the season with two, 25 year olds and a 21 year old--together for 4-5 years. I'd love it!
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Not to be a contrarian wicked, but Stanley (LT) and Mosley (ILB) were not only 1st round draft picks, but were at positions where nobody else was in front of them. Eugene Monroe was gone, so could we start James Hurst @ LT? There was literally nobody there @ ILB either and we're still seeking a partner for Mosley as the Correa experiment has failed. I also think Humphrey didn't play all that much before Jimmy Smith got hurt. When Humphrey played he showed 1st round ability, but I don't think he would have gotten the snaps as Harbs leans on vets (JS and Carr) before he trusts a rookie. I do agree that Lewis and Young won their spots, but I still feel that generally Harbaugh is reluctant to start rookies as he has a low trust level for them... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Not to be a contrarian wicked, but Stanley (LT) and Mosley (ILB) were not only 1st round draft picks, but were at positions where nobody else was in front of them. Eugene Monroe was gone, so could we start James Hurst @ LT? There was literally nobody there @ ILB either and we're still seeking a partner for Mosley as the Correa experiment has failed. I also think Humphrey didn't play all that much before Jimmy Smith got hurt. When Humphrey played he showed 1st round ability, but I don't think he would have gotten the snaps as Harbs leans on vets (JS and Carr) before he trusts a rookie. I do agree that Lewis and Young won their spots, but I still feel that generally Harbaugh is reluctant to start rookies as he has a low trust level for them... Bc
    Hey Bc - Harbaugh has routinely stated year after year that the best guys will play. The meme that Harbaugh doesn't play rookies is not true and there is a decade's worth of rosters, starters, and contributors to prove that.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

ESPN's John Keim believes the Redskins are interested in free agent WR Paul Richardson.

Certain to add to their receiving corps this offseason, Washington has already been linked with Allen Robinson and now Richardson. A second-round pick by the Seahawks in 2014, Richardson broke out with 703 yards and six touchdowns last season. He is reportedly looking for $7 million per year on his next deal.

Blog Entries

Hey Bc - Harbaugh has routinely stated year after year that the best guys will play. The meme that Harbaugh doesn't play rookies is not true and there is a decade's worth of rosters, starters, and contributors to prove that.
    OK, was just going by my gut that seems to feel Harbaugh is reluctant to start rookies. If you've got proof to the contrary, then so be it. Actually, I'd be glad if you were right on the subject... Bc

No its not, he is probably referring to last year we have one of the lowest amount of rookie snaps by any team. I saw the bar graph, there was teams witn 3 or 4 times the amount of snaps

Tavon didn't play 1 snap last year, he was on IR all year. Lewis and Stanley both missed time as rookies

Overall from the entire group, lately No, this team has not been starting a lot of its rookie class. The 2016 group we saw a fair amount of snaps but

You bring up CJ Mosley, look back to his rookie year, there wasn't much contribution snap count from that entire group, still isn't. Half that group has spent more time on IR than Mosley has games

Too lazy to look up any farther back but here you go

Ravens 2017 ranked 25th in league on rookie snap count 813 snaps
    Ravens 2016 ranked 6th in league on rookie snap count 2833 snaps

But look at all the years, not 1 rookie class resembles the 2016 group. We rarely start that many rookies so if i was betting man our team ranks closer to bottom than top if you want to add all the years together

Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet
    The #Bills are expected to sign former #Jaguars RB Chris Ivory to a 2-year deal, sources say. Back in the AFC East for the former #Jets star.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver