Page 1 of 30 123 ... LastLast

2018 League-wide Free Agency Tracker

Let's keep all the news & notes action here.
    Like the "Around the League" thread, including links, screenies or qualified sources is highly encouraged

Important dates
    Tue, March 6: Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, deadline for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players
    Mon, March 12 - Wed, March 14: Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents
    Wed, March 14: All option years and RFA contracts must be settled, and all 2017 player contracts will expire at 4:00 p.m. eastern

There's a separate thread for Ravens free agency activity.

FWIW...

2018 Home opps
    Denver Broncos
    New Orleans Saints
    Oakland Raiders
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Buffalo Bills

2018 Away opps
    Atlanta Falcons
    Carolina Panthers
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Los Angeles Chargers
    Tennessee Titans
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 03-09-2018 at 12:16 PM.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Re: 2018 League-wide Free Agency Tracker

I just found this little tidbit:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-signings-cuts

"Who's an under-the-radar free agent likely to be in a bidding war?

Seifert: Rashaan Melvin, CB, Indianapolis Colts. According to scientific research, 6-foot-2 cornerbacks don't grow on trees. Everyone loves height at that position, and Melvin's recent hiring of agent Drew Rosenhaus suggests he understands that. He would be smart to hit the market."

To which I would respond, bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Browns Rumors: Hue Jackson Wants to Sign AJ McCarron Ahead of 2018 NFL Draft
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...2018-nfl-draft

I actually believe this. Why?

1)Rabbi In the Room is often a significant reason Player X signs with Team Y.

2)I dont believe the Browns really like Hue, and they are fully letting him hang himself so they can get their next HC that John Dorsey gets to pick

3) John Dorsey aquired Alex smith (darkhorse for New Browns Starter) and rebuilt the team around him, he has shown he's fine with using an average Vet and focusing on revamping the roster.
    Burn it down

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Seahawks and free agent Jimmy Graham are expected to "part ways."

I posted it somewhere else. But "The Twitter" expects Jags to retain Lee not Allen Robinson
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Seahawks and free agent Jimmy Graham are expected to "part ways."
    Seahawks not expected to re-sign Jimmy Graham, Saints among a "bunch" of teams interested, per @TomPelissero http://ble.ac/2Fo80HZ
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Yahoo's Charles Robinson reports the Seahawks have kept "open ears" at the Combine, and that contract-year FS Earl Thomas is drawing trade interest.

That's in addition to Michael Bennett. There have been signs Thomas and Seattle are headed for divorce, but NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported last month the team was more likely to extend Thomas than deal him. The Seahawks are comfortable openly flirting with trading players before keeping them. That's what they did with Richard Sherman in 2017. If Thomas is dealt, he seemed to make it known last season his preference would be Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Yahoo's Charles Robinson reports the Seahawks have kept "open ears" at the Combine, and that contract-year FS Earl Thomas is drawing trade interest.

That's in addition to Michael Bennett. There have been signs Thomas and Seattle are headed for divorce, but NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported last month the team was more likely to extend Thomas than deal him. The Seahawks are comfortable openly flirting with trading players before keeping them. That's what they did with Richard Sherman in 2017. If Thomas is dealt, he seemed to make it known last season his preference would be Dallas.
    Can we swap safeties... no thanks to Bennett though.

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I posted it somewhere else. But "The Twitter" expects Jags to retain Lee not Allen Robinson
    So will they tag Lee instead or hope they both don't jump ship .??

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    So will they tag Lee instead or hope they both don't jump ship .??
    my non GM intuition leads me to believe they will work out a long term deal with Lee, Tag is still an "option" for ARob, but "The Twitter" thinks that is unlikely
    Burn it down

Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports the Rams will not place the franchise tag on Sammy Watkins.

If the Rams use the tag, La Canfora writes, it will be on S Lamarcus Joyner. Watkins posted a disappointing 39/593/8 line in 15 games last season, but he will be one of the top free agents available if he is allowed to hit the open market, which is likely if the Rams do not tag him. With Allen Robinson also looking likely to avoid the tag, the receiver market suddenly looks stacked.