Page 73 of 76 FirstFirst ... 7172737475 ... LastLast

Re: The great WR RESET of 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    kinda like when I tell black people bout Christianity..oops wrong thread.
    Man guys at work yesterday were arguing what Jesus real name is or whatever im sitting there tools in hand thinking who gives a shit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Man guys at work yesterday were arguing what Jesus real name is or whatever im sitting there tools in hand thinking who gives a shit.
    LOL ya feel me??!! I'm like y'all go on a head and argue i'm thinking bout getting this reparations check lol

I'd be okay with it if they only took 1 receiver in the whole draft now. Going into the offseason I thought we needed to add 4 WRs. So far we've added 3. 1 more and I'm happy with it.

That said, I want to see that pick come somewhere in the first 3 rounds because we still lack top end talent, and we need to add someone to the front of the depth chart instead of the back. The earlier, the better. Sutton or Moore in round 1 at 16 would be sweet. Washington or Kirk in a trade back would be cool. Or any of several 2/3rd round prospects look like they will be solid NFL pros, and would fill out the depth chart, which would be fine. Anything less than that and I would be disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm not necessarily a 100% big-WR guy, but the obvious attribute that's missing from the WR roster is size; by which, I mean >=6'3. So as a mini-watchlist, here are the Sr Bowl WRs that qualify:

Allen Lazard (6'5) ...Above average speed score (4.62 @ 222 lbs); Late Day 2?

Jaleel Scott (6'5) ...34" vert, 33 1/2 arms, struggled in 1-on-1s; Mid Day 3?

Marcell Ateman (6'4) ...Slow, but uses size/radius well; Late Day 2?

Javon Wims (6'4) ...Much more of an athlete than a WR; Late Day 3/UDFA?

DJ Chark (6'4) ...Fast, but struggled on 1-on-1 reps; Mid Day 2?

J'Mon Moore (6'3) ...4th best in Mobile on 1-on-1 reps; Early Day 3?

Cedrick Wilson (6'3) ...Productive, does everything well except for deep-ball efficiency; Early Day 3?

Darren Carringtion (6'3) ...Kind of a diq, so probably not on the Board; Late Day 3/UDFA?

IMO...
    Best WR: Wilson
    Best Athlete: Chark
    Best RZ: Lazard
    Best "He might turn out to be pretty damn good": Moore
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Man, Kalen Ballage (ASU, RB, 6'3'') would be quite a mismatch as a "slot WR" out of the backfield...
    The Dude Abides

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I'm not necessarily a 100% big-WR guy, but the obvious attribute that's missing from the WR roster is size; by which, I mean >=6'3. So as a mini-watchlist, here are the Sr Bowl WRs that qualify:

i think the ravens have him on the late round hope list
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I want moore or washington.

I have a feeling we dont draft any WR until late and end up with Lazard :/
    Another Tommy Streeter situation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Gato_Papi View Post
    Man, Kalen Ballage (ASU, RB, 6'3'') would be quite a mismatch as a "slot WR" out of the backfield...
    Can't wait to see him create space in the RZ lol.
    Dudes will be flying out of the back of the end zone.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    i think the ravens have him on the late round hope list
    Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Another Tommy Streeter situation.
    Lazard has been on my mind for weeks now, and it's not b/c I like him

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post

Jaleel Scott (6'5) ...34" vert, 33 1/2 arms, struggled in 1-on-1s; Mid Day 3?

Marcell Ateman (6'4) ...Slow, but uses size/radius well; Late Day 2?

Javon Wims (6'4) ...Much more of an athlete than a WR; Late Day 3/UDFA?

DJ Chark (6'4) ...Fast, but struggled on 1-on-1 reps; Mid Day 2?

J'Mon Moore (6'3) ...4th best in Mobile on 1-on-1 reps; Early Day 3?

Cedrick Wilson (6'3) ...Productive, does everything well except for deep-ball efficiency; Early Day 3?

Darren Carringtion (6'3) ...Kind of a diq, so probably not on the Board; Late Day 3/UDFA?

IMO...
    Best WR: Wilson
    Best Athlete: Chark
    Best RZ: Lazard
    Best "He might turn out to be pretty damn good": Moore
    I think Scott will be a target. size/speed and green enough that he probably wont be taken earlier. Streeter/Waller type that you hope can progress as a route runner. If he doesnt pan out at WR, filling out his frame and a move to TE wouldnt be unprecedented. hopefully he doesnt have the off field issues that Waller has had.

well definitely be looking for a height guy imo and I think their MO says theyll take the biggest/fastest combo no matter how green for that developmental role.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I think Scott will be a target. size/speed and green enough that he probably wont be taken earlier. Streeter/Waller type that you hope can progress as a route runner. If he doesnt pan out at WR, filling out his frame and a move to TE wouldnt be unprecedented. hopefully he doesnt have the off field issues that Waller has had.

well definitely be looking for a height guy imo and I think their MO says theyll take the biggest/fastest combo no matter how green for that developmental role.
    It's frightening.

@BigPlayReceiver

I see no evidence that Justin Watson is ~ 4.44 (pro day 40) on the field.
    I do see glimpses of lower body flexibility from his pro day routes.

@BigPlayReceiver