Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

When Did Political Correctness Go Mad?

A lot of good points made in this video.

Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Re: When Did Political Correctness Go Mad?

I always thought the whole kneeling controversy brought up a lot hypocrisy based around this idea of what is right/wrong and censorship. interesting video, that I think applies to that and labels it PC, which both sides are doing to varying degrees.
    -JAB

Interesting video Dade. Thanks for sharing.

I think political correctness exploded as social media exploded. It's always been around, but we just hear about it more nowadays because we live in a hyper-information society. IMO, political correctness is just a different way of saying "censorship." In a republic like the United States, it conflicts with our freedoms...hence why most Americans don't like the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I always thought the whole kneeling controversy brought up a lot hypocrisy based around this idea of what is right/wrong and censorship. interesting video, that I think applies to that and labels it PC, which both sides are doing to varying degrees.
    I agree. The same people bitching about the political correctness movement (which I hate BTW) are the same ones bitching about kneeling and are also the same ones that emphasize freedom of speech.

It's such a clusterfuck of connections.

To this day, no one has been able to give me a non-BS explanation for why kneeling during the anthem is insulting to the military.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I agree. The same people bitching about the political correctness movement (which I hate BTW) are the same ones bitching about kneeling and are also the same ones that emphasize freedom of speech.

It's such a clusterfuck of connections.

To this day, no one has been able to give me a non-BS explanation for why kneeling during the anthem is insulting to the military.
    Not everyone who had a problem with the kneeling thought it was a insult to the military.

I could go on and on to your other points but this topic has been

Really? I'm not gonna get into it (dead-horse), but...I've heard a ton...on both sides.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Really? I'm not gonna get into it (dead-horse), but...I've heard a ton...on both sides.
    Doesn't matter though. GWNR gets to say if it's BS or not

Are these BS? These seem legit. Not saying I agree/disagree with any of these, but...they are definitely valid points.

1.You don’t get respect by showing disrespect.
    2.Disrespecting our country inflames racial tensions rather than moving towards harmony.
    3.Studies show there is racial stereotyping (even among minorities) beyond the criminal justice system. The protest does not address the real problem.
    4.There is peer pressure being put on NFL players to take sides during an activity that should unite them and their fans.
    5.Sports stars have a great life so why show contempt towards a country that makes it possible?
    6.This protest actually separated like-minded people. That is a fail!
    7.Not one single person, behavior or law is changed by football players refusing to stand for the anthem.
    8.It corrupts the usually fun and patriotic atmosphere before a football game.
    9.There is no measurable successful outcome.
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 03-02-2018 at 04:11 PM.

Blog Entries

another nice copy and paste job.

every single one of those is how another person was reacting to what they were doing for their interpretation, not what the players were saying. Not one player said it was to disrespect military. in other words supporting that people were upset that they were doing something they deemed wrong and trying to censor them from doing it.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

every single one of those is how another person was reacting to what they were doing for their interpretation, not what the players were saying. Not one player said it was to disrespect military. in other words supporting that people were upset that they were doing something they deemed wrong and trying to censor them from doing it.
    He didn’t claim they were his. He even said he didn’t say he agreed or not. Notice the post says nothing about the military.

seems like you missed the point JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    seems like you missed the point JAB
    What!? JAB missed the point so he can hear himself talk (write) about how other people are wrong.

Say it ain’t so!!!