Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Music Thread

Blog Entries

Re: Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    That Austin City Limits performance of Cover Me Up makes me tear up every time.

He and Sturgill Simpson are my favorite Americana/Country/Whateverhaveyou artists right now.

Sturgill's performance of Call to Arms on SNL is probably the best performance of anything that show has seen. Though Radiohead doing National Anthem 17 years ago or so comes close.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    One song that always gets me in the feels is the song "Joe" by Alabama Shakes.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Bro. You hit some bad ass drummers. Portnoy and Peart are 2 of my favs. Had the privilege of seeing Jason Bohnam live. Bad ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm also super into Buddy Rich. That dude was bad ass. Bill Bruford is another incredible drummer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I love John Bonham. If you've listened to any rock band since Led Zeppelin's heyday, you listened to a drummer influenced by him in one way or another.

I have indeed! I have loved everything he's done. I wish he could have stuck with Avenged Sevenfold because his drumming on Nightmare album is ridiculous. The drum track on the title song is so sick especially during the solo.

That was a great show. Metallica just announced another run in North America starting later this year. Arenas this time with their circular stage. The closest options are Pittsburgh, Raleigh, or Charlotte. They are my absolute favorite band so I'm definitely going, just not sure to which one yet. Probably Pittsburgh, although Pittsburgh during football season is gross.
    Those tix were pretty expensive (totally worth it though).

I dont know if I'll be able to swing doing that again.

I'm sure it will be great though. That was easily the best show I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'm also super into Buddy Rich. That dude was bad ass. Bill Bruford is another incredible drummer.
    Wicked I like your style Sir! Basically anyone who was in YES is an amazing artist. I really like Ginger Baker also.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Jason Isbell used to be the lead singer for Drive By Truckers, but he’s since split and done his own thing. He has a few solo albums that are more folk/country/singer-songwriter type of songs. He has a few things he did with his wife as a duet. And he has another band called The 400 Unit.

gave both a listen... good stuff! I think drive -by is more my speed but ill dig a little deeper. thanks for the suggestion! always love new music

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That Austin City Limits performance of Cover Me Up makes me tear up every time.

He and Sturgill Simpson are my favorite Americana/Country/Whateverhaveyou artists right now.

Sturgill's performance of Call to Arms on SNL is probably the best performance of anything that show has seen. Though Radiohead doing National Anthem 17 years ago or so comes close.

ahh I love Sturgill! did not mean to leave him off my list. I NEED to go to Austin City Limits one of these days...

Bonnaroo lineup looks great too, but I'm not big into not showering for a few days... haha the girly girl side of me I guess

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    ahh I love Sturgill! did not mean to leave him off my list. I NEED to go to Austin City Limits one of these days...

Bonnaroo lineup looks great too, but I'm not big into not showering for a few days... haha the girly girl side of me I guess

I have a coworker who went to Bonnaroo! He said they had showers for $11, which I bet is worth it in that heat. But then he also said the shower area is surrounded by mud.

You ever listen to Margo Price?

Never seen Slayer or Elton live and I love both and don't want the opportunity to do so to be gone forever. Slayer BTW is touring with Anthrax and Testament which are two other bucket list bands.
    I've actually seen Slayer a ridiculous number of times - like 9. I saw them co-headlining with Anthrax and Megadeth on the Clash of the Titans tour, with a then just emerging Alice in Chains opening. For $14. Man those were the days. Didn't see Testament until their last tour. Even though Dave isn't with Slayer anymore I'm going to the last tour this year. Behemoth is a band I've wanted to see for a while and they'll be on that tour too.

Blog Entries

I love John Bonham. If you've listened to any rock band since Led Zeppelin's heyday, you listened to a drummer influenced by him in one way or another.
    I got to see Led Zeppelin Live in Cincinnati in 1977. By far the best concert I have ever seen or probably ever will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QAE7OFl0A8
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Just found this group.

Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

I have a coworker who went to Bonnaroo! He said they had showers for $11, which I bet is worth it in that heat. But then he also said the shower area is surrounded by mud.

You ever listen to Margo Price?

I haven't! sounds like I should?

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    I haven't! sounds like I should?

I think if you like Sturgill, you'll like her. Pretty sure a couple of guys in her band used to play with Sturgill. They may have used to all play together.

This is one of my favorites.

https://youtu.be/LtxUDSRfmto