Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Music Thread

1. Re: Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Wish you Were Here is the first song I learned on guitar. Played it over and over till i could do it with my eyes closed. Lol. Man. Pink Floyd is one of the most Underrated bands ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Anyone seen any good shows this summer? I'm going to the Avenged Sevenfold show at Jiffy Lube in a couple weeks. Might also try to go to the Capital Gazette benefit show in Annapolis since Good Charlotte is going to be headlining it, who I hold a special place in my heart for given they are from down here in SoMD..
    My wife and I are hoping to catch A7X in Chicago when we're out there.

Other shows I'm interested are Metallica when they play state college if we can make it work and streetlight manifesto in silver spring in October.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    I would straight up give a testicle to see the Floyd in the 70s.

Top 5 Albums (not including soundtracks, relics, and live albums)
    1. Dark Side of the Moon
    2. Meddle
    3. Wish You Were Here
    4. Animals
    5. The Wall

Top 5 Tracks
    1. Fearless - just a beautiful, inspirational song... and the ascending and sliding guitar line is spiritual
    2. Any Colour You Like - quite possibly the greatest synth sounds ever recorded... I could get lost in a forest of the opening synth lines and die happy
    3. Time - I know a lot of people prefer Comfortably Numb, but this is hands down my favorite Gilmour solo
    4. Wish You Were Here - a great tribute to Syd and just a beautiful song about loss
    5. Echoes - really the moment Floyd became the Floyd of Dark Side and Wish... that groove that rides from about 7 minutes in to 10... some days I could ride it for hours

I really wish those tensions that alienated Wright and eventually drove Waters and Gilmour apart never came to pass. Because I'd take the three albums from Meddle to Wish over any other band's top 3.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    A7X has a cool cover of wish you were here

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    My wife and I are hoping to catch A7X in Chicago when we're out there.

Other shows I'm interested are Metallica when they play state college if we can make it work and streetlight manifesto in silver spring in October.

The son and I will be at Metallica State College. Should be a good show even though I’m not a huge fan now of their music or the current line up of people.

Blog Entries

The son and I will be at Metallica State College. Should be a good show even though I’m not a huge fan now of their music or the current line up of people.

The only new person is Robert Trujillo, and he’s pretty awesome.

We saw Metallica when they played M&T Stadium last year. Easily the best show I’ve ever seen. It was fantastic.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The only new person is Robert Trujillo, and he’s pretty awesome.

We saw Metallica when they played M&T Stadium last year. Easily the best show I’ve ever seen. It was fantastic.

Im old. First saw Metallica with Cliff and then several times with Newstead. To me thats the “real” band. Trujillo was pretty bad ass in Suicidal Tendencies but he’s not the bassist for Metallica. IMHO.

Im old. First saw Metallica with Cliff and then several times with Newstead. To me thats the “real” band. Trujillo was pretty bad ass in Suicidal Tendencies but he’s not the bassist for Metallica. IMHO.

Why did newstead leave anyway? Walking away from Metallica seems crazy to me

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    He didnt walk away willingly. He was asked out. He didnt like the direction the band was going ( Load,Re-Load) and he wanted a say in the music and well Lars and James wern’t hearing it. It actually got kinda ugly.

Blog Entries

Have you listened to their new album? Very reminiscent of their old thrash stuff.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    There was a lot of bad internal stuff going on with them in the 90’s and early 2000’s.

Lars Ulrich is not an easy person to work with and James Hetfield was an alcoholic/drug induced mess for a long, long time.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Have you listened to their new album? Very reminiscent of their old thrash stuff.

Yes. Thats actually the only reason Im going to see them. Lol. For me ..from the Black album to now has been a nightmare. Just not good music. My son went to M&T and saw them when they were here. The wife and I went to Philly the following week and actually made out well( for us ). Someone from A7X was sick or something so we got more Volbeat and more ( older songs ) Metallica. Winner!

Is he not the bassist for Metallica because you don't like his style of play? Or is it because he's not an original member?

Trujillo is the most talented member of Metallica IMO.