Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Eisenberg articles

i think Eisenberg writes great articles. he walks a tightrope because he is employed by the Ravens but he needs to critique the Ravens especially in these times of below average performance. i think he does a great job of writing articles that address the teams weaknesses.

he talks about players with an injury history. I would add brent urban in this discussion as he missed several games at the U of Virginia during his college career and continues missing games at the nfl level.

i seem to hear the ravens draft brass saying how they drafted someone in the lower rounds that they had on their board in round 1 or 2. the reason is usually a history of injuries that keeps other teams away. i really valued courtney upshaw because he sealed the edge and he played every game. the ravens didn't like his pass rush ability.

i get the next man up theory but for the ravens it has been the next man up to the next man up to the next man up.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...b-d9952e9fa953

Re: Eisenberg articles

He really nails one point home. An average skilled player who is durable gives you extremely important asset. Predictability. When you are coming up with whatever equation it takes to scheme against another team, you need as many constants as you can. You can't realistically go into a season thinking someone like a Danny Woodhead is going to be a key factor in adding a dimension to the offense. I'm glad he brought up Allen Robinson vs. Jarvis Landry too. I want nothing to do with Robinson, but would be elated if we can get Landry. Injuries have been wracking this team since the Super Bowl win. I'm not sure if it's something we are doing, not doing or if it's just dumb luck, but something has to change as far as the durability of our guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamauler2066 View Post
    He really nails one point home. An average skilled player who is durable gives you extremely important asset. Predictability. When you are coming up with whatever equation it takes to scheme against another team, you need as many constants as you can. You can't realistically go into a season thinking someone like a Danny Woodhead is going to be a key factor in adding a dimension to the offense. I'm glad he brought up Allen Robinson vs. Jarvis Landry too. I want nothing to do with Robinson, but would be elated if we can get Landry. Injuries have been wracking this team since the Super Bowl win. I'm not sure if it's something we are doing, not doing or if it's just dumb luck, but something has to change as far as the durability of our guys.
    Had Robinson had more than the acl ?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

The injury thing is also why I think fans underrate Brandon Carr, and need to be more forgiving that he got torched against the league's best receiver.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    The injury thing is also why I think fans underrate Brandon Carr, and need to be more forgiving that he got torched against the league's best receiver.
    That wasn't Carr's fault, that was ALL on Pees.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Carr is a good corner. When he got burned it was usually cause he just wasn’t fast enough. When that happened we’d find out early in the game... and then we’re reminded often. Thanks Pees!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Agreed. Used properly, Carr is a highly serviceable #2 corner.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Carr is a good corner. When he got burned it was usually cause he just wasn’t fast enough. When that happened we’d find out early in the game... and then we’re reminded often. Thanks Pees!
    Even then, he kept tight a couple times. AB just made some HOF catches

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Had Robinson had more than the acl ?
    Had a rough rookie summer then an ankle in week 9 IIRC and went IR.

1300+ routes run total across 2015 and 2016 with no injury.
    2017 ACL came in week 1.

Never missed a game at PSU FWIW.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

I can't understand why Brandon Carr could possibly be a cap casualty. In a pass happy league he's a good corner that gives you dependability. Add to this the fact that the team's top corner in Jimmy Smith can't stay healthy. As noted for the Pittsburgh game, he got beat by a phenomenal pass from a future Hall Of Famer to a future HOF receiver with no safety help.

And yes, spot on column by Eisenberg.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Had a rough rookie summer then an ankle in week 9 IIRC and went IR.

1300+ routes run total across 2015 and 2016 with no injury.
    2017 ACL came in week 1.

Never missed a game at PSU FWIW.
    That's why I asked. Remembered him being super dependable in college.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    I can't understand why Brandon Carr could possibly be a cap casualty. In a pass happy league he's a good corner that gives you dependability. Add to this the fact that the team's top corner in Jimmy Smith can't stay healthy. As noted for the Pittsburgh game, he got beat by a phenomenal pass from a future Hall Of Famer to a future HOF receiver with no safety help.

And yes, spot on column by Eisenberg.
    This.