Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast

What happened to the Mega Flacco thread?

Are we not putting all Flacco-related topics into one thread anymore?

Blog Entries

Re: What happened to the Mega Flacco thread?

It's put together because poster were complaining about all the separate threads. Now it's gone which means that poster will start new separate threads leading to the same complaints. I don't get it. Which do you want mods? 1 thread or many?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's put together because poster were complaining about all the separate threads. Now it's gone which means that poster will start new separate threads leading to the same complaints. I don't get it. Which do you want mods? 1 thread or many?
    Its far better having one thread otherwise every other thread turns into flacco. I had considered stopping posting until that thread was made, the board was horrible.

Although it appears mv may have been banned so thats helpful. Just a couple more to go

I hate the mega-threads! They ramble & meander & get side-tracked. Impossible to follow unless you use the board throughout the day. That's just my opinion, not necessarily the whole mod crew. However, many board members have expressed similar opinions. The quality of debate here has never gotten so low as recently, at least back to the "Boller Wars" days. I believe the mega-threads are one reason.

As to every thread turning into another Flacco discussion, I believe you will hopefully see stepped up moderating to curb that activity and to place repeated disruptors on vacations (several of which should be permanent). Multiple threads which are repetitive and obvious trolling will hopefully get locked or whacked.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I hate the mega-threads! They ramble & meander & get side-tracked. Impossible to follow unless you use the board throughout the day. That's just my opinion, not necessarily the whole mod crew. However, many board members have expressed similar opinions. The quality of debate here has never gotten so low as recently, at least back to the "Boller Wars" days. I believe the mega-threads are one reason.

As to every thread turning into another Flacco discussion, I believe you will hopefully see stepped up moderating to curb that activity and to place repeated disruptors on vacations (several of which should be permanent). Multiple threads which are repetitive and obvious trolling will hopefully get locked or whacked.
    I hate megthreads too but I don’t understand why this one is now missing since it was so active. If I owned the board my goal would be to make it as active as possible so I bring in ads. Removing popular threads seems counterproductive

Blog Entries

Debating Flacco around here is like right vs left politics, there is never going to be a compromise on that one.

Blog Entries

Question Re: What happened to the Mega Flacco thread?

Please don't blame the mods. They're usually between a rock and a hard place.
    Note :
    " Its far better having one thread otherwise every other thread turns into flacco. "
    and...
    " I hate the mega-threads! They ramble & meander & get side-tracked. Impossible to follow "

GOTA, they have a tough job with no easy answer. I guess they could have a poll, and have us posters vote on it. I just don't know the solution... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Please don't blame the mods. They're usually between a rock and a hard place.
    Note :
    " Its far better having one thread otherwise every other thread turns into flacco. "
    and...
    " I hate the mega-threads! They ramble & meander & get side-tracked. Impossible to follow "

GOTA, they have a tough job with no easy answer. I guess they could have a poll, and have us posters vote on it. I just don't know the solution... Bc
    and like every poll in america, it would end up 50/50

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    and like every poll in america, it would end up 50/50
    point well taken... Bc

I hate megthreads too but I don’t understand why this one is now missing since it was so active. If I owned the board my goal would be to make it as active as possible so I bring in ads. Removing popular threads seems counterproductive
    I feel like the megathread would make the board less active because who would dig through a bunch of pages to find a different flacco topic? Maybe that's why they removed it?

Flacco threads = ratings

Lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I feel like the megathread would make the board less active because who would dig through a bunch of pages to find a different flacco topic? Maybe that's why they removed it?

Flacco threads = ratings

Lol
    I think it was a glitch. They’ve been doing forum maintenance this past week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Only thing I know is that none of us here entailed with keeping the peace (at least the ones I've spoken with) deleted it or shut it down.
    I'll assume that applies to the others as well.
    To not have the ability to discuss the teams designated starting QB (at least at this time he is) on this forum is a little silly IMO.
    Somebody wants to start a new one than be my guest.
    I would ask that the discussion remain civil and be kept to that thread.
    There is no need to have damn near every thread venture off into a Flacco discussion because the guy is the QB here and that kind of has an effect to some extent to most everything else.
    We moderators (as fans also) get it and understand the frustration with the QB position but the uncivil discussions simply cannot be allowed to spread throughout the forum like a virus polluting the place.
    I will just add one more time that if folks find they can't have reasonable debate and discussion on a subject including ones that we all know are hot buttons than it's probably best if they just ignore the thread.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!