Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Patrick Ricard

Re: Patrick Ricard

Big fan. Swiss Army knife is an apt analogy.

He plans on coming in 25 lbs lighter and play at 270 or a lil lighter even to get his speed in the 4.70 range and practice routes to be more of a factor as a receiver. If he can play at about 265lbs and block like an xtra mobile guard while contributing 50-70 catchers for 700 yards he could be a prototype for what teams look for. Converting an athletic center or defensive tackle to fullback. How many fullbacks can step up and block a defensive tackle or end like Tim Jernigan or Derek Barnett man up. Then contribute 700 yards of offense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MedievalKnight1981 View Post
    He plans on coming in 25 lbs lighter and play at 270 or a lil lighter even to get his speed in the 4.70 range and practice routes to be more of a factor as a receiver. If he can play at about 265lbs and block like an xtra mobile guard while contributing 50-70 catchers for 700 yards he could be a prototype for what teams look for. Converting an athletic center or defensive tackle to fullback. How many fullbacks can step up and block a defensive tackle or end like Tim Jernigan or Derek Barnett man up. Then contribute 700 yards of offense.
    While Ricard made the transition from Dline to FB, he only had 4 catches for 12 yards in 2017.
    I hope what you wrote is true, but it just seems overly optimistic to me... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    While Ricard made the transition from Dline to FB, he only had 4 catches for 12 yards in 2017.
    Agree. Ricard's value as a target is not in putting up numbers, but as a surprise. The defenses are going to forget about him.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I think it’s terrible the rookie undrafted Dlineman converted to full back trails our 3rd year number 1 Wr by one Td for his career 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can't be the only one who finds this hilarious. I can't stop laughing. lol
    "The Superbowl belongs to Baltimore!" - Jim Nantz

6. Re: Patrick Ricard

Quote Originally Posted by T-Sizzle View Post
    To be fair though, that was a pretty bad drop lol. Juice-Check, he is not
    Can't remember, what game was this?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    Agree. Ricard's value as a target is not in putting up numbers, but as a surprise. The defenses are going to forget about him.
    Right, that's why he caught two TD passes. He's the last one opposing defenses account for in the passing game... Bc

Blog Entries

Right, that's why he caught two TD passes. He's the last one opposing defenses account for in the passing game... Bc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was considered an underrated potential late round steal coming from a smaller school. Look at his numbers at 305lbs. He moved and jumped like a linebacker. All his scouting reports raves about his explosive intensity, movement skills and agility. At 270 lbs or a touch lighter he can be as strong as he was at 305 as long as he retains muscle losing the weight carefully. So he could be a mauling blocker that linebackers will not want to run into. And with his already considerable athleticism if he carefully dropped to 270lbs or so he will be that much faster and more explosive. Plenty athletic enough to be a check down with enough juice to be an occcasional Seam threat as a receiver. and an absolute destructive blocker. Like having an extra center in the backfield. When he catches a throw nobody is gonna wanna tackle him. He is gong to be a very valuable weapon.

Blog Entries

He was considered an underrated potential late round steal coming from a smaller school. Look at his numbers at 305lbs. He moved and jumped like a linebacker. All his scouting reports raves about his explosive intensity, movement skills and agility. At 270 lbs or a touch lighter he can be as strong as he was at 305 as long as he retains muscle losing the weight carefully. So he could be a mauling blocker that linebackers will not want to run into. And with his already considerable athleticism if he carefully dropped to 270lbs or so he will be that much faster and more explosive. Plenty athletic enough to be a check down with enough juice to be an occcasional Seam threat as a receiver. and an absolute destructive blocker. Like having an extra center in the backfield. When he catches a throw nobody is gonna wanna tackle him. He is gong to be a very valuable weapon.
    MK81, while I admire your optimism, just reread what you wrote in bold. To me Ricard is a nice versatile resource, but I would not put too much weight into his effect on the Ravens offense... Bc

MK81, while I admire your optimism, just reread what you wrote in bold. To me Ricard is a nice versatile resource, but I would not put too much weight into his effect on the Ravens offense... Bc

If he is kept on offense he is gonna be a very unique e weapon. Don’t let the defensive tackle label confuse you. He was drafted as a “penetrating” tackle. A penetrator is unique from a dime a dozen power slug like Brandon Williams that hold the line. A penetrator is a unique Athlete altogether. Centers and guards are pretty athletic. It takes an unusual amount of short area explosion and felexibility. Penetrators are very rare and highly paid. Wait to you see Aaron Donald’s contract. Aside from rare athleticism for a 290-305 lb player. Penetrators are very very powerful for being 290-305lbs. Very much as strong as the 350 lb earthmoving defensive tackles and guards. Watch A penetrating tackles highlights. Like Donald or Atkins or even Pat Ricards college highlights. When you hear a penetrating tackle moves like a linebacker it’s not an analogy!! These dudes have short area cat like burst and agility of a rush linebacker or running back.

Reports from training camp raved about his athleticism. However he may not have the stack and shed lower body leverage of the great penetrators. But he is stout and explosive like them. Even at 270lbs I promise you he is gonna obliterate linebackers and take on Dline players like an athletic center. And if you watch his highlights you will agree he is plenty fast and explosive enough to be a receiving threat. Take 40 lbs of Dline bulk off his frame and he is more than capable of making splashes To make opponents respect his as a receiving threat. He ran a 4.9 at 305lbs. He should be in the 4.7 range at 265-270 lbs. And that added athleticism and burst will help him fly around making highlight reel blocks with the added explosion behind that 270 lb frame. He is currently down to 285 yet looks as big and strong. If he retains that power getting down to 270 his blocks are gonna be destructive.

With the fullback position being devalued I said for years there is 2 types of fullbacks that can be a weapon and make an impact opponents won’t have an answer for. Type A fullback is a 6’2-6’3 250lb TE/Running back kinda player that runs routes and has ball skills like a receiver. With the toughness to be a functional blocker. Before he went nuts the patriots used 6’3 250 lb Hernandez in this role. Worked him with oline coaches and lineman to get his blocking up to par. He was a terrific receiver and was running the ball like a running back. With his blocking and receiving opponents didn’t have an answer. The patriots didn’t have any outside receivers at that time. Or else you couldn’t defend that. Bring a defensive back in and he would run him over to spring big runs. Then Linebackers couldn’t cover him. He was like a big receiver in routes and speed. Yet Belichick shaped him into a functional blocker.

Type B unique fullback that would give opponents fits in the modern era is Patrick Ricard. A 270lb athletic freak of a punishing blocker. Practically an additional athletic center on a team. Can step up and take on a defensive tackle or a defensive end. Yet more than athletic enough to pose a legit threat as a receiver out of the backfield. He could take a linebacker out of a play and catch a check down on same play.

It only takes 50 catches and 500 yards for defenses to respect that element of his game. While springing big runs and allowing Joe a couple extra ticks to get the ball to the new weapons as practically an extra Olineman. That is realistic expectations considering his freakish athleticism.

Now where optimism comes into play is if he becomes more of a receiver than a checkdown comfort for Joe. If he diligently works on his receiving skills and becomes a legit receiving threat that could actually beat a linebacker with a route. If he could match Boyle’s rookie receiving skill set b4 his suspensions. But of course begin his routes from the backfield. Tandemed with his punishing blocking he would prove a fullback could be a real weapon again. Blocking like Leach but length and athleticism to step up and take on a defensive end or rush linebacker and as much of a receiving threat as the better version of Nick Boyle. What’s not to like?? A Fullback that is a weapon and potential to be paid like a valued position. Juice was close to the type A fullback. Athletic receiver and functional blocker. However not quite the athlete of a top shelf move TE.

If he is kept on offense he is gonna be a very unique e weapon. Don’t let the defensive tackle label confuse you. He was drafted as a “penetrating” tackle. A penetrator is unique from a dime a dozen power slug like Brandon Williams that hold the line. A penetrator is a unique Athlete altogether. Centers and guards are pretty athletic. It takes an unusual amount of short area explosion and felexibility. Penetrators are very rare and highly paid. Wait to you see Aaron Donald’s contract. Aside from rare athleticism for a 290-305 lb player. Penetrators are very very powerful for being 290-305lbs. Very much as strong as the 350 lb earthmoving defensive tackles and guards. Watch A penetrating tackles highlights. Like Donald or Atkins or even Pat Ricards college highlights. When you hear a penetrating tackle moves like a linebacker it’s not an analogy!! These dudes have short area cat like burst and agility of a rush linebacker or running back.

Reports from training camp raved about his athleticism. However he may not have the stack and shed lower body leverage of the great penetrators. But he is stout and explosive like them. Even at 270lbs I promise you he is gonna obliterate linebackers and take on Dline players like an athletic center. And if you watch his highlights you will agree he is plenty fast and explosive enough to be a receiving threat. Take 40 lbs of Dline bulk off his frame and he is more than capable of making splashes To make opponents respect his as a receiving threat. He ran a 4.9 at 305lbs. He should be in the 4.7 range at 265-270 lbs. And that added athleticism and burst will help him fly around making highlight reel blocks with the added explosion behind that 270 lb frame. He is currently down to 285 yet looks as big and strong. If he retains that power getting down to 270 his blocks are gonna be destructive.

With the fullback position being devalued I said for years there is 2 types of fullbacks that can be a weapon and make an impact opponents won’t have an answer for. Type A fullback is a 6’2-6’3 250lb TE/Running back kinda player that runs routes and has ball skills like a receiver. With the toughness to be a functional blocker. Before he went nuts the patriots used 6’3 250 lb Hernandez in this role. Worked him with oline coaches and lineman to get his blocking up to par. He was a terrific receiver and was running the ball like a running back. With his blocking and receiving opponents didn’t have an answer. The patriots didn’t have any outside receivers at that time. Or else you couldn’t defend that. Bring a defensive back in and he would run him over to spring big runs. Then Linebackers couldn’t cover him. He was like a big receiver in routes and speed. Yet Belichick shaped him into a functional blocker.

Type B unique fullback that would give opponents fits in the modern era is Patrick Ricard. A 270lb athletic freak of a punishing blocker. Practically an additional athletic center on a team. Can step up and take on a defensive tackle or a defensive end. Yet more than athletic enough to pose a legit threat as a receiver out of the backfield. He could take a linebacker out of a play and catch a check down on same play.

It only takes 50 catches and 500 yards for defenses to respect that element of his game. While springing big runs and allowing Joe a couple extra ticks to get the ball to the new weapons as practically an extra Olineman. That is realistic expectations considering his freakish athleticism.

Now where optimism comes into play is if he becomes more of a receiver than a checkdown comfort for Joe. If he diligently works on his receiving skills and becomes a legit receiving threat that could actually beat a linebacker with a route. If he could match Boyle’s rookie receiving skill set b4 his suspensions. But of course begin his routes from the backfield. Tandemed with his punishing blocking he would prove a fullback could be a real weapon again. Blocking like Leach but length and athleticism to step up and take on a defensive end or rush linebacker and as much of a receiving threat as the better version of Nick Boyle. What’s not to like?? A Fullback that is a weapon and potential to be paid like a valued position. Juice was close to the type A fullback. Athletic receiver and functional blocker. However not quite the athlete of a top shelf move TE.
    Yep! Based on this scouting report, he is a sure fire hall of famer as a second year player!