Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Ed Reed hall of fame 2018

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Now the HOF class for 2018 has been decided, if ed retired after our superbowl win like many thought he should have, would he have been 1st ballot along with ray? Who would have dropped out?

Ray Lewis
    Randy Moss
    Brian Urlacher
    TO
    Brian Dawkins
    Dawkins or Urlacher. Probably Dawkins. He's a deserving HOFer, but Reed was better.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Everyone is in agreement that he'd be in first ballot anyway!
    Not so fast there Kimosabe!

Ed may make the HOF. Then again, I'm sure that there are many other former safeties who have been bypassed, especially on the first ballot. There have been only a handful of safeties admitted to the HOF, including the big names of Ken Houston, Paul Krause, Mel Renfro, Larry Wilson, and Willie Wood. I've seen every one of these guys play and believe that, while Ed was certainly in their league overall, but not necessarily the best saftety of all-time. For example: Kenny Houston punished receivers much harder than Reed. Rod Woodson (really a worn-out CB) was one of the last, probably the last, safety admitted to the HOF.

Punch-line = based on history, no safety would be "shoe-in".

Then there's the Polumalu factor. The inevitable comparisons may draw votes away from Ed.

While my fingers are crossed for a Ravens HOF trifecta, I doubt that it happens next off-season.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Reed is first ballot hands down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post

AgReed :

Aside from his HOF stats, he was one of the most respected Safetys of his era. There were QBs who actually tried to throw away from where he was on the field. He was extremely dangerous with the ball in his hands, having over 1,500 yards returned after INTs. While I am a Ravens fan, I don't see how Ed Reed wouldn't make it on the 1st ballot... Bc

Blog Entries

Polamalu and Reed go in together?

Without a doubt

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    100%

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    AgReed :

Aside from his HOF stats, he was one of the most respected Safetys of his era. There were QBs who actually tried to throw away from where he was on the field. He was extremely dangerous with the ball in his hands, having over 1,500 yards returned after INTs. While I am a Ravens fan, I don't see how Ed Reed wouldn't make it on the 1st ballot... Bc
    Brady had it written on his wrist look for 20 or something to that effect. The sad thing is most fans don’t even remember him playing SS or blocking punts or well I could go on for awhile

Blog Entries

It would be between Urlacher and Dawkins.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    i thought there was a seasons difference between when they retired, no?

Blog Entries

Brady had it written on his wrist look for 20 or something to that effect. The sad thing is most fans don’t even remember him playing SS or blocking punts or well I could go on for awhile
    Goode, you said it! I think, but not sure, Peyton Manning also kept an eye on him. He was a multi-faceted, unique talent that has 1st ballot written all over him... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Not so fast there Kimosabe!

Ed may make the HOF. Then again, I'm sure that there are many other former safeties who have been bypassed, especially on the first ballot. There have been only a handful of safeties admitted to the HOF, including the big names of Ken Houston, Paul Krause, Mel Renfro, Larry Wilson, and Willie Wood. I've seen every one of these guys play and believe that, while Ed was certainly in their league overall, but not necessarily the best saftety of all-time. For example: Kenny Houston punished receivers much harder than Reed. Rod Woodson (really a worn-out CB) was one of the last, probably the last, safety admitted to the HOF.

Punch-line = based on history, no safety would be "shoe-in".

Then there's the Polumalu factor. The inevitable comparisons may draw votes away from Ed.

While my fingers are crossed for a Ravens HOF trifecta, I doubt that it happens next off-season.
    I'll bet 100 RSR bucks you're wrong on that. Reed walks in to the HOF next year. Better yet, he strip sacks the vote, picks it up and glides in to the HOF