Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Mike Mayock: Lamar Jackson the most athletic qb since Micheal Vick, calls 2018 QB class abnormally deep

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    One of the benefits of having a scrambling qb is you don't need world beaters at WR and TE in order to make the playoffs.

Of course we'd still need to address the positions but Newton and Taylor had no help last year.
    To say that Newton and Taylor had no help last year is false. LeSean McCoy is one of the best rbs in the league and he is a dual threat. Buffalo was also better than the Ravens on the oline and slightly better at TE. The WRs were about equal. They had Mathews and traded for Benjamin.

Devin Funchess and Greg Olsen are way better than Mike Wallace and Ben Watson. They also added McCaffrey who is a weapon in the passing game.

The Ravens scored 2 more points a game than the Panthers and 6 more pts a game than Buffalo.

Even with slightly better weapons and their legs the offenses were not any better.

Re: Mike Mayock: Lamar Jackson the most athletic qb since Micheal Vick, calls 2018 QB class abnormally deep

I would consider Jackson if he slipped into the 2nd 3rd rounds possibly we need a backup anyway with Mallett gone

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    To say that Newton and Taylor had no help last year is false. LeSean McCoy is one of the best rbs in the league and he is a dual threat. Buffalo was also better than the Ravens on the oline and slightly better at TE. The WRs were about equal. They had Mathews and traded for Benjamin.

Devin Funchess and Greg Olsen are way better than Mike Wallace and Ben Watson. They also added McCaffrey who is a weapon in the passing game.

The Ravens scored 2 more points a game than the Panthers and 6 more pts a game than Buffalo.

Even with slightly better weapons and their legs the offenses were not any better.
    Our defense (turnovers) and special teams (2nd best starting field position) were largely responsible for that we were dead last in the NFL in yards per play and 27th in total yards

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Makes me wonder if we could ever get a good enough regular season out of Joe to get homefield advantage.
    It's hard enough to get one home playoff game. And the Ravens are 2-0 under Harbs n' Flacco.

Our defense (turnovers) and special teams (2nd best starting field position) were largely responsible for that we were dead last in the NFL in yards per play and 27th in total yards

Ravens had more total yards than the Bills and were only 293 yards behind the Panthers. Panthers were 19th in the league. Doesn't change that both teams have better offensive skill players and probably better offensive lines than the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Ravens had more total yards than the Bills and were only 293 yards behind the Panthers. Panthers were 19th in the league. Doesn't change that both teams have better offensive skill players and probably better offensive lines than the Ravens.
    We also had 185 drives (8th) to the Bills 172 (26th) and yes we scored points but we were also dead last in the NFL in yards per play. I really shouldn't have to "explain" this with stats we all watched the games we all know were those points came from and it wasn't our offense driving the ball up and down the field.

We also had 185 drives (8th) to the Bills 172 (26th) and yes we scored points but we were also dead last in the NFL in yards per play. I really shouldn't have to "explain" this with stats we all watched the games we all know were those points came from and it wasn't our offense driving the ball up and down the field.
    They have better talent at skill positions and at the Oline. I shouldn't have to explain why that would translate into more yards per play. Even with it being more yards it is not all that significant which counters your original argument that you can surround them with questionable talent and they will still be good. They clearly are not much better even with better surrounding talent. Running QBs do not suddenly make the offense better in today's NFL. This isn't college.

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Who cares if you make it and lose in wildcard weekend. Would you feel better if the Ravens made the playoffs and got bounced first weekend. I surly wouldn’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’d feel better about having a shot at a SB than not.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Our team isnt a rookie QB away from the playoffs.

We are a few playmakers away.

If we draft a QB it should be later in the draft, not round 1. There are some mid round QBs that are streaky, but have NFL arm talent. They are the type of QBs you draft when you're still paying a QB who's proven he can win with adequate talent around him.
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I’d feel better about having a shot at a SB than not.

Apparently it's better to lose a heartbreaker in week 17 than it is to make the playoffs and lose there.