Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Parkland FL. School Shooting

I'm a Republican and I'll even say that the 2nd amendment truly needs to go already.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    What would limiting the sale of those guns accomplish?
    It would make it a little harder for one asshole to kill 17 people.

What does making those guns available for sale accomplish that other guns can't?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It would make it a little harder for one asshole to kill 17 people.

What does making those guns available for sale accomplish that other guns can't?
    Your second point contradicts the first. And makes the case many other people make. The gun chosen is not the issue, someone would just use another gun.

Your second point contradicts the first. And makes the case many other people make. The gun chosen is not the issue, someone would just use another gun.
    You’re 100% right. Only difference would be it would take longer and maybe kill less cause it would be slower. But if they used a 9mm pistol instead of a 30/30 then your back to atleast semi auto. So more bodies again. But then they’d have to be closer. It’s a viscous circle. I believe in and support the 2Nd Amendment 100% and that being the case I just don’t have an answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assault weapons were banned when the Colombine massacre took place. Didn't those assholes use the most popular gun at the time...the Hi-Point Handgun...instead and still managed to kill a ton of people.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Assault weapons were banned when the Colombine massacre took place. Didn't those assholes use the most popular gun at the time...the Hi-Point Handgun...instead and still managed to kill a ton of people.
    Right. The AR-15 is the most popular gun sold and has been for a while. Much like the most poplar car sold is probably the car in more accidents in others, or the car stolen more than others, the most popular gun is likely to be involved in more shootings.

Making something illegal will just make another gun the most popular and thus the most likely to be used.

My question that I would love to hear some opinions on is - why do these shootings happen disporportionaly in the US, at least compared to other developed countires?

Now, we all know I'm Canadian, and I don't want this to come off as me being some snotty finger pointer.

I'm genuinely curious and want to have this kind of discussion.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    My question that I would love to hear some opinions on is - why do these shootings happen disporportionaly in the US, at least compared to other developed countires?

Now, we all know I'm Canadian, and I don't want this to come off as me being some snotty finger pointer.

I'm genuinely curious and want to have this kind of discussion.
    We have had guns since America was founded. Yet mass shootings are a fairly recent phenomenon, historically speaking.

Mass shootings are indicative of the breakdown of our society, specifically the breakdown of the family and the teaching of moral relativism to our children. Right now, moral rot is permeating in this culture and it not only shows in these shootings, but in other terrorist acts across the world.

What is the primary promoter of this decadence and cultural decay?
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 02-15-2018 at 11:09 AM.

Blog Entries

I'm not saying this would stop these attacks but it would certainly be more difficult for most them to shoot as many people as quickly if they have access to guns designed specifically for combat.

Doing nothing isn't working. There is this mentality that banning certain weapons is somehow a first step in banning everything. It's not. Eventually though if nothing is done there will be a bunch a gun control people who do get elected and will start taking all your rights away. The best way to stop that is through compromise. I know that's something that seems to out of fashion in this country but the alternative is a winner take all philosophy. We saw that exact thing happen in health care. With no compromise voters are going to feel the have to no choice but to vote for the extremists. I've seen it happen here in CT on the state level after Sandy Hook.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    We have had guns since America was founded. Yet mass shootings are a fairly recent phenomenon, historically speaking.

Mass shootings are indicative of the breakdown of our society, specifically the breakdown of the family and the teaching of moral relativism to our children. Right now, moral rot is permeating in this culture and it not only shows in these shootings, but in other terrorist acts across the world.

I will also say, I don't know what issues other countries are facing. I mean, what crime is an issue in other countries. Are they robbing, stealing, beating the shit out of each other and they just don't have guns...?

I 100000000% support a better system of background checks for ANYONE looking to purchase a firearm. Apparently, this loser in Parkland bought his gun legally...and a background check was performed...yet they still sold him the weapon. Based on what's coming out in the press, this guy was a psycho. So, what exactly was checked?

Right. The AR-15 is the most popular gun sold and has been for a while. Much like the most poplar car sold is probably the car in more accidents in others, or the car stolen more than others, the most popular gun is likely to be involved in more shootings.

Making something illegal will just make another gun the most popular and thus the most likely to be used.
    Not off topic but ..why is the AR -15 the most popular weapon to own? You’re absolutely right in your assessment. It’s like the Mustang of guns. I know plenty of guys that own them. I just don’t get the allure. I’ve not seen anything it can do that other guns can’t. Do you own one? What about the AR -15 do you think is so appealing to the masses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk