Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Parkland FL. School Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    I know some disagree with me and we have had civil debate about it, but I still can’t wrap my head around why anyone needs an AR15.
    I'm coming around to that after hearing about "Bump Stocks" and other such things. I'm hearing this kid was into ISIS/Iraq type stuff and had given off many red flags. The only slack I can cut him at all is that his Mom recently died. Maybe she was his only good influence.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    I know some disagree with me and we have had civil debate about it, but I still can’t wrap my head around why anyone needs an AR15.
    Agreed. I just really don't get it. Only reason I hear is protection.

I don't have a gun in my house anymore as I moved my hunting rifles. I have zero problem protecting myself or my family.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    I'm coming around to that after hearing about "Bump Stocks" and other such things. I'm hearing this kid was into ISIS/Iraq type stuff and had given off many red flags. The only slack I can cut him at all is that his Mom recently died. Maybe she was his only good influence.
    I am also agreeing about limiting the sale of those type of weapons. The argument you'll get, and with good reason, is that the left will not stop there, they will want more and more regulations. Give an inch and they want a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    There are several reasons. But I think the bigger issue is what drove this kid to want to kill people.
    I know you and I disagree over the first point, but we definitely agree on the second.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    I am also agreeing about limiting the sale of those type of weapons. The argument you'll get, and with good reason, is that the left will not stop there, they will want more and more regulations. Give an inch and they want a mile.
    What would limiting the sale of those guns accomplish?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    That may be true, but I think it's time for serious discussion. Not emotional hyperbole, but serious discussion. We kicked God out of our schools. I'm sure a hedge of protection was removed.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

What we need is better parenting and people not afraid to seek help for themselves or family when there is suspected mental illness. Clearly this kid had issues that were not being looked at. Maybe he’s bipolar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think limiting the sale of any weapon is gonna prevent things like this. It really is all or nothing. I’m a gun owning sportsman. I own several guns. None of the rifles I own are semi auto. I do have a few semi auto pistols. I don’t get the allure of semi auto or better yet full auto weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by MontibelloValhalla View Post
    Why wasn't this guy killled? Oh he put his hands up and surrendered. Gtfoh

Law Firm of McCauley, Dickey and McMillan.
    Because he was Latino.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    I don’t think limiting the sale of any weapon is gonna prevent things like this. It really is all or nothing. I’m a gun owning sportsman. I own several guns. None of the rifles I own are semi auto. I do have a few semi auto pistols. I don’t get the allure of semi auto or better yet full auto weapons.

Full auto has been banned for a long time. But regarding semi-auto, just about every gun made is semi auto, other than a bolt action rifle or a single action revolver. So I’m not sure what you mean by allure for semi auto

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Full auto has been banned for a long time. But regarding semi-auto, just about every gun made is semi auto, other than a bolt action rifle or a single action revolver. So I’m not sure what you mean by allure for semi auto
    All my rifles are either bolt action or I have a .35 and 30/30 Marlin lever action. I don’t get why guys wanna own AR -15s. AK -47s. Guns easily made into full auto. I’ve seen them. Hell I’ve shot them. I personally don’t have a need or want for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    All my rifles are either bolt action or I have a .35 and 30/30 Marlin lever action. I don’t get why guys wanna own AR -15s. AK -47s. Guns easily made into full auto. I’ve seen them. Hell I’ve shot them. I personally don’t have a need or want for one.

No one needs them. People want them. 99 percent of countries around the world have banned these types of guns and seem to be doing fine. The difference here is we have the powerful NRA lobby.