Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Dick Durbin - Illegal Immigrants do the Jobs that Americans Don't Want

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Shit man, I do that stuff for free in my spare time. Have you seen my woodworking thread on here?

I work at a computer and deal with people for my actual job...so being able to come home, cut the grass, hang a ceiling in my laundry room, build built-in shelves, install new plumbing, doing electrical work, building a shed...man, I love that stuff.
    Wicked man ...it’s been proven here you’re an Anomaly! Lol. I love building stuff. That’s what I miss most about my old job. But from my experience working all around the country ...most of our younger generation doesn’t want to do any physical labor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Wicked man ...it’s been proven here you’re an Anomaly! Lol. I love building stuff. That’s what I miss most about my old job. But from my experience working all around the country ...most of our younger generation doesn’t want to do any physical labor.
    If you pay them, they will come (said in Field of Dreams voice)

Blog Entries

I think by and large, you're right. However, there is also a large "maker" movement happening now.

Jimmy Diresta, Jackman Works, Dave Pachuto, Jay Bates, Stone & Sons, April Wilkerson, Tim Sway, Nick Ferry, etc...

Those guys have major YouTube channel followings. Other than Jimmy Diresta, all of those folks are in their late 20's to late 30's.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think by and large, you're right. However, there is also a large "maker" movement happening now.

Jimmy Diresta, Jackman Works, Dave Pachuto, Jay Bates, Stone & Sons, April Wilkerson, Tim Sway, Nick Ferry, etc...

Those guys have major YouTube channel followings. Other than Jimmy Diresta, all of those folks are in their late 20's to late 30's.
    Gotcha. Can’t say I’ve watched them but that’s good to know. But do you think most of the people watching these vids are doing the projects for fun? Kinda like yourself. ....you work in an office so “work” projects are relaxing and fun for you. I really think the prob is that most companies that do the “medial” work ...don’t want to pay very much. My daughter is a “jr account manager” at a chain bank and makes what I think is pretty good money. She told me the other day she saw a sign at Sonic that they have jobs now that start at $10 hr. Her response was “why work with responsibility and stress when I can make almost as much “doing nothing”. “. I know a lot of landscapers here in Hazard County don’t really pay on the book. A lot of the “workers” work for cash.

FACTS ON OAKLAND ICE RAIDS:
    -232 arrested for violating federal immigration law.

-180 of those 232 were either convicted criminals, had been issued an order of removal and didn’t leave, or had been previously deported but returned to the US illegally.

-115 of the 232 had prior felony convictions for serious violent crimes (child sex abuse, weapons charges, assault).

Mayor Libby Schaaf's comments to AG Sessions:
    How dare you vilify members of our community by trying to frighten the American public into thinking that all undocumented immigrants are dangerous criminals.

How dare you distract the American people from a failed immigration system that tears apart families and forces the workers that our economy depends on to harvest our crops, delver our services, and build our cities to live in fear and work under oppressed conditions?

How dare you distort the reality about declining violent crime in a diverse sanctuary city like Oakland, to advance your racist agenda?

Oakland’s agenda is a thriving community. Trump’s agenda is bigotry and vindictiveness.

What planet does this Schaaf lady live on?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    FACTS ON OAKLAND ICE RAIDS:
    -232 arrested for violating federal immigration law.

-180 of those 232 were either convicted criminals, had been issued an order of removal and didn’t leave, or had been previously deported but returned to the US illegally.

-115 of the 232 had prior felony convictions for serious violent crimes (child sex abuse, weapons charges, assault).

Mayor Libby Schaaf's comments to AG Sessions:
    How dare you vilify members of our community by trying to frighten the American public into thinking that all undocumented immigrants are dangerous criminals.

How dare you distract the American people from a failed immigration system that tears apart families and forces the workers that our economy depends on to harvest our crops, delver our services, and build our cities to live in fear and work under oppressed conditions?

How dare you distort the reality about declining violent crime in a diverse sanctuary city like Oakland, to advance your racist agenda?

Oakland’s agenda is a thriving community. Trump’s agenda is bigotry and vindictiveness.

What planet does this Schaaf lady live on?

Hmmm, maybe the system is 'broken' because no one wants to enforce the laws, and those who do have their jobs made much harder by the likes of this mayor.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Hmmm, maybe the system is 'broken' because no one wants to enforce the laws, and those who do have their jobs made much harder by the likes of this mayor.
    bulls-eye!

If I was a legal resident of any city in the entire state of CA, I would be getting the hell out of there as fast as I can. The politicians in that state who aren't fighting crime are enabling it...just like this Oakland mayor.

How did it come to this?

bulls-eye!

If I was a legal resident of any city in the entire state of CA, I would be getting the hell out of there as fast as I can. The politicians in that state who aren't fighting crime are enabling it...just like this Oakland mayor.

How did it come to this?
    Rav it’s just like you’ve said on other threads. The system is broken. Both sides have put their agendas ahead of the people. It does seem that the “Bible Belt” states and cities aren’t affected as bad .....so maybe it’s a moral bankruptcy on the rest of the country.

Rav it’s just like you’ve said on other threads. The system is broken. Both sides have put their agendas ahead of the people. It does seem that the “Bible Belt” states and cities aren’t affected as bad .....so maybe it’s a moral bankruptcy on the rest of the country.
    Yeah...but as blah said...enforcing the laws would fix a good chunk of the broken parts of the system. That should be an easy fix. Congress passed laws. Shouldn't elected officials enforce those laws? If the constituents don't like the laws...they should elect people to change them. Isn't that the system in place?

Yeah...but as blah said...enforcing the laws would fix a good chunk of the broken parts of the system. That should be an easy fix. Congress passed laws. Shouldn't elected officials enforce those laws? If the constituents don't like the laws...they should elect people to change them. Isn't that the system in place?
    Very true. But you and I both know that’s not how it works. Much like illegal immigration there is no “war “ on drugs. Hell man ..the US Gov funds some of these “cartels” hiding in plain sight as “ freedom fighters “. Drugs are the primary reason we’re still in Afghanistan. Need that opium. Just use BMore as an example. Basically all the elected officials are from the City and yet ...major drug problem. The people voted them in. They have laws on the book. Lots of police enforcement. Yet ...300+ murders and countless drug problems.

Very true. But you and I both know that’s not how it works. Much like illegal immigration there is no “war “ on drugs. Hell man ..the US Gov funds some of these “cartels” hiding in plain sight as “ freedom fighters “. Drugs are the primary reason we’re still in Afghanistan. Need that opium. Just use BMore as an example. Basically all the elected officials are from the City and yet ...major drug problem. The people voted them in. They have laws on the book. Lots of police enforcement. Yet ...300+ murders and countless drug problems.
    That may be true, but a duly elected mayor openly defending convicted criminals in plain sight in defiance of congressionally passed laws is slightly different. Nothing like that has happened...at least in my lifetime. If it has...please correct me.

Taxpaying citizens suffer in this. Legal residents of California suffer in this. Immigrants who are waiting in line suffer in this.

I only know one person from California, but he tells me that EVERYONE he knows in the state is fed up with all of it and is leaving in droves. People are actually putting their house up for sale and leaving before it's sold because they want to get out. It's not a region of the country for middle-class America anymore. My friend's words: "It's become a 3rd world "shithole" and this decent has escalated in the last decade."

All of this is happening because these politicians want to import more poor people into this country to simply get their eventual vote all the while actually doing nothing to help them but continually promising they will. The DACA deadline came and went. Millions upon millions of illegal aliens were about to be given citizenship and "the DACA defenders" did nothing. They. Don't. Care. We should.

That may be true, but a duly elected mayor openly defending convicted criminals in plain sight in defiance of congressionally passed laws is slightly different. Nothing like that has happened...at least in my lifetime. If it has...please correct me.

Taxpaying citizens suffer in this. Legal residents of California suffer in this. Immigrants who are waiting in line suffer in this.

I only know one person from California, but he tells me that EVERYONE he knows in the state is fed up with all of it and is leaving in droves. People are actually putting their house up for sale and leaving before it's sold because they want to get out. It's not a region of the country for middle-class America anymore. My friend's words: "It's become a 3rd world "shithole" and this decent has escalated in the last decade."

All of this is happening because these politicians want to import more poor people into this country to simply get their eventual vote all the while actually doing nothing to help them but continually promising they will. The DACA deadline came and went. Millions upon millions of illegal aliens were about to be given citizenship and "the DACA defenders" did nothing. They. Don't. Care. We should.
    Agreed 100%.