Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Dick Durbin - Illegal Immigrants do the Jobs that Americans Don't Want

Dick Durbin on the Senate floor on 2/12/18...”Illegal immigrants do the jobs that Americans don’t want”

Bullshit! Durbin is a scumbag POS who knows that the Democratic Party has lost the middle class in this country so they are trying to import a new electorate to give them power.

Remember when Democrats supported the working people of this country and were concerned with how illegal immigrants hurt our economy?

Here's the proof...

Diane Feinstein in 1993:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80TkJ-A5JB0

“Mexico does nothing to support its border. If we are going to have a North America Free Trade Agreement, Mexico has to do its fair share. The day that America will be the welfare system for Mexico is gone. The costs for illegal immigration in CA alone is over $2billion. We are a country based in immigration, but in times we become so overtaxed, the people who should be here are people who are here legally. It’s time we enforce our borders.”

Bill Clinton in 1996:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3yesvvYEvs

“But there are some areas that the federal government should not leave and should address and address strongly. One of these areas is the problem of illegal immigration. After years of neglect, this administration has taken a strong stand to stiffen the protection of our borders. We are increasing border controls by 50 percent. We are increasing inspections to prevent the hiring of illegal immigrants. And tonight, I announce I will sign an executive order to deny federal contracts to businesses that hire illegal immigrants.

Let me be very clear about this: We are still a nation of immigrants; we should be proud of it. We should honor every legal immigrant here, working hard to become a new citizen. But we are also a nation of laws.”

Bernie Sanders in 2007:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBWOXasmEmA

“The argument for illegal immigration is that Americans don’t want to do the work. That is a crock in many instances. It isn’t true.”

How would the MSM react if these political figures above repeated these statement today? Do you think Joy Reid, Richard Maddow, Don Lemonhead, Morning Joe, and the View would agree?

I wonder why they no longer feel this way?
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 02-14-2018 at 05:29 PM.

Re: Dick Durbin - Illegal Immigrants do the Jobs that Americans Don't Want

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Dick Durbin on the Senate floor on 2/12/18...”Illegal immigrants do the jobs that Americans don’t want”

Remember when Democrats supported the working people of this country and were concerned with how illegal immigrants hurt our economy?
    I do remember. And I disagree that "americans wouldnt do the jobs"....if they paid well enough. Part of that is definitely due to illegal immigration. We need to fix it. We need also hold companies accountable for paying Crap wages and using illegal immigrants (which no one wants to do apparently)
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I do remember. And I disagree that "americans wouldnt do the jobs"....if they paid well enough. Part of that is definitely due to illegal immigration. We need to fix it. We need also hold companies accountable for paying Crap wages and using illegal immigrants (which no one wants to do apparently)
    It's astonishing to me that a US Senator would actually be making this argument in the halls of Congress. I NEVER would've predicted this 10 years ago.

Everyone who has a brain knows it's not true. Thousands of taxpaying citizens would gladly take those jobs. Sanders' speech goes into detail about it and the 2007 version of him is absolutely right.

It's a shame that people like Feinstein, Durbin, and Sanders have changed their tune on this issue in the most radical of ways.

These "open-border hawk" politicians don't care if they piss on the working-class citizens in this country because they know they've lost their vote.

It's astonishing to me that a US Senator would actually be making this argument in the halls of Congress. I NEVER would've predicted this 10 years ago.

Everyone who has a brain knows it's not true. Thousands of taxpaying citizens would gladly take those jobs. Sanders' speech goes into detail about it and the 2007 version of him is absolutely right.

It's a shame that people like Feinstein, Durbin, and Sanders have changed their tune on this issue in the most radical of ways.

These "open-border hawk" politicians don't care if they piss on the working-class citizens in this country because they know they've lost their vote.
    Rav my man I’d have to disagree with ya on this. There are not thousands of legal Americans wanting or willing to take those jobs. You show me a reg American that’s willing to do roofing , hang drywall, pour concrete, cut grass or any other menial , manual labor job and I’ll show you an anomaly. No Americans will do that back breaking work for the low wages that companies pay for that work. Most of these illegals work for less than min wage because they work for cash $$. I’ve seen it first hand dude. I’m sorry but our youth is flat lazy. And companies no mater how small only care about the bottom line. Greed rules this country. Greed and the love of $$ is the cause of the downfall of this country. It’s not a left or right or Dem or Rep problem. They’re both corrupt and morally bankrupt. Most of them own companies that employ lots of illegals including your guy Trump. He’s a businessman. Greed is his only motivation. That’s why immigration laws are a joke. We’re bringing them here !!! They’re not swimming the damn Rio Grande! When one , 2 whatever get deported , they are replaced by weeks end. You have to see this. It’s not a political thing at all it’s a social thing. It’s a control thing. It’s a GREED thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Rav my man I’d have to disagree with ya on this. There are not thousands of legal Americans wanting or willing to take those jobs. You show me a reg American that’s willing to do roofing , hang drywall, pour concrete, cut grass or any other menial , manual labor job and I’ll show you an anomaly. No Americans will do that back breaking work for the low wages that companies pay for that work. Most of these illegals work for less than min wage because they work for cash $$. I’ve seen it first hand dude. I’m sorry but our youth is flat lazy. And companies no mater how small only care about the bottom line. Greed rules this country. Greed and the love of $$ is the cause of the downfall of this country. It’s not a left or right or Dem or Rep problem. They’re both corrupt and morally bankrupt. Most of them own companies that employ lots of illegals including your guy Trump. He’s a businessman. Greed is his only motivation. That’s why immigration laws are a joke. We’re bringing them here !!! They’re not swimming the damn Rio Grande! When one , 2 whatever get deported , they are replaced by weeks end. You have to see this. It’s not a political thing at all it’s a social thing. It’s a control thing. It’s a GREED thing.
    I disagree.

Before I graduated college, I worked those types of jobs. My friends did as well. My brother still does. His friends still do. I have neighbors who do this kind of work. They have kids and they do this kind of work. You've seen it first hand? So have I. Who's right? Does it matter?

Durbin is arguing for taxpayers to flip the bill for illegal immigrants living here ($100 bill per year) and his reasoning is..."Americans don't want to cut grass."

Corporations are always looking to cut costs anywhere they can, and hiring illegal immigration laber is one of the ways to do it. I don't think anyone is debating that point. It still doesn't make it right. The "it's gonna happen anyway" argument isn't conducive to solving the problem..it perpetuates the problem....hence, the low wages for those jobs.

I disagree.

Before I graduated college, I worked those types of jobs. My friends did as well. My brother still does. His friends still do. I have neighbors who do this kind of work. They have kids and they do this kind of work. You've seen it first hand? So have I. Who's right? Does it matter?

Durbin is arguing for taxpayers to flip the bill for illegal immigrants living here ($100 bill per year) and his reasoning is..."Americans don't want to cut grass."

Corporations are always looking to cut costs anywhere they can, and hiring illegal immigration laber is one of the ways to do it. I don't think anyone is debating that point. It still doesn't make it right. The "it's gonna happen anyway" argument isn't conducive to solving the problem..it perpetuates the problem....hence, the low wages for those jobs.
    I agree with you here. And you know I’m for aggressive immigration changes. I just don’t see it happening. Too much money. While I believe this is the greatest place on earth to live ...our system is broken. And yes I know some people are willing to do these jobs ...by far and wide the youth don’t wanna work hard. That’s our fault. Not the gov. We’ve allowed them to play Xbox and instagram all day and not have responsibilities. I know from our other conversations that you are a hustler. Hard worker. That can’t be said for everyone. That’s why Bernie had a late push last election. Promise of free shit. That’s the answer for a lot of the youth. “Why isn’t this already mine”?”what do you mean work hard ?”

I agree with you here. And you know I’m for aggressive immigration changes. I just don’t see it happening.
    Immigration bill killed in the senate today.

11 R's voted against the Grassley bill. What a fucking joke.

R's are doing everything in their power to lose their majority.

Immigration bill killed in the senate today.

11 R's voted against the Grassley bill. What a fucking joke.

R's are doing everything in their power to lose their majority.
    Sad. Party lines are gonna win over the people. Who cares what we want. The left is nuts and now the GOP is fractured.

Sad. Party lines are gonna win over the people. Who cares what we want. The left is nuts and now the GOP is fractured.

Actually, 4 separate Immigration Reform proposals were voted down today. SMH.
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 02-15-2018 at 07:32 PM.

Actually, 4 separate Immigration Reform proposals were voted down today. SMH.
    Wow. This is what I mean man. It’s like illegals matter more than us.

Wow. This is what I mean man. It’s like illegals matter more than us.
    Here's a question, if one of these bills did pass and amnesty was given to 1.8 million illegal immigrants and funding for the southern border wall was secured, wouldn't that be bad for Democrats for the mid terms? One would think they could potentially lose a huge chunk of their voting blocks because these "dreamers" wouldn't have a reason to vote for the Democrats anymore. Wouldn't it be better to pretend that Trump and the GOP doesn't want to make these people legal citizens and use the media to espouse that narrative all the way through to November?

Could that be the Schumer/Pelosi strategy? It makes sense to me. It's disgusting and abhorrent, but...I could totally see this being the gameplan.

Here's a question, if one of these bills did pass and amnesty was given to 1.8 million illegal immigrants and funding for the southern border wall was secured, wouldn't that be bad for Democrats for the mid terms? One would think they could potentially lose a huge chunk of their voting blocks because these "dreamers" wouldn't have a reason to vote for the Democrats anymore. Wouldn't it be better to pretend that Trump and the GOP doesn't want to make these people legal citizens and use the media to espouse that narrative all the way through to November?

Could that be the Schumer/Pelosi strategy? It makes sense to me. It's disgusting and abhorrent, but...I could totally see this being the gameplan.
    Oh. The Dems are gonna stonewall anything they can to protect their voter interest( dreamers). Doesn’t matter how good or bad the bill is. The prob isn’t really the Dems. It’s the factions inside the GOP that are trying to undermine Trump as well.