Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: OT: UEFA Champions League Thread

I will actually root for Liverpool. But, my head says City.

You'll never walk alone...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Well, tens of thousands of fans in Italy are applauding Christiano Ronaldo today.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Incredible shot by Ronaldo - still hate him.

Go Barca!!

Go Liverpool (I still think Man City wins this series)!
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County

Blog Entries

Bayern also got two away goals of their own. It might be all chalk. I don't think City lets Liverpool pinch them again.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Liverpool takes it to City again, while Barcelona manages one of the more unimpressive 4-1 victories you will see. I think not playing Dembele played a role in it, but Barcelona was definitely out of sync early in the match. With a three goal lead and the likelihood that they won't play as bad again, however, I don't see a reason to change. Then again, if Dembele plays, while the change in formation may give Roma the slightest of chances, with the way they play, they are begging to be hit on the counter.

So my fav team will not walk alone to the quarters, but also my preferred teams from spain (the real one) and germany will follow suit. Aye good week here

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by horus13 View Post
    So my fav team will not walk alone to the quarters, but also my preferred teams from spain (the real one) and germany will follow suit. Aye good week here
    Whoa Whoa Whoa. You wait until Pique and Pep hear about that little remark Mister.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Liverpool takes it to City again, while Barcelona manages one of the more unimpressive 4-1 victories you will see. I think not playing Dembele played a role in it, but Barcelona was definitely out of sync early in the match. With a three goal lead and the likelihood that they won't play as bad again, however, I don't see a reason to change. Then again, if Dembele plays, while the change in formation may give Roma the slightest of chances, with the way they play, they are begging to be hit on the counter.
    Not sure that Dembele, good as he's been lately, being on the bench really made a difference one way or the other for them today. Their problems are and always have been at the back - rickety, indecisive, and unable to lock down the barn once the game is in hand. They are just genetically incapable of parking the bus, and have never had the defensive steel they need since Carles Puyol was at his peak around 2009-2010 -- before he started to decline with injuries.

To be ripped open like they were, several times, when literally all that was left to do was not concede an away goal was inexcusable. But they've been getting away with crap like that for the better part of 7-8 years now.

At the same time, as unimpressive as it was, few teams in the world can appear to be so poor while winning a Champions League quarterfinal by three goals. It speaks to their quality and how dangerous they are. Even off-key, they created plenty of dangerous situations the Roma defense simply couldn't deal with. Under Valverde they've lost the clockwork, tiki-taka feel, and now seem more like a venemous snake, looking listless or asleep then striking suddenly from anywhere.

Well, tens of thousands of fans in Italy are applauding Christiano Ronaldo today.
    That was some goal. Incredible.

My friend has managed to bag us a couple of tickets to the 2nd Leg of Man City vs Liverpool next week. Very excited - get to leave work at lunchtime on Tuesday to drive down and stay overnight in Manchester. Wouldn’t rule the tie over just yet, Man City could easily score 3+ at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NC Raven - wow! You are really hard on the defense that gave up only 1 goal in the group stage 1 goal in the round of 16 and (so far) 1 goal in the quarter finals.

They've also only given up 15 goals in La Liga (2nd behind Atletico's 14) about half as many as the next closest Getafe 28 and less than half as many as Real 33 (interesting that 3 of the 5 top defenses are in Madrid)

I'm not sure any teams are overjoyed with the prospect of facing the Barcelona defense.

I would give a little credit to a Roma team that is in the champions league quarter-final for a reason and to a powerful striker who did a striker's job.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RockvilleRaven; 04-06-2018 at 02:28 PM.

Blog Entries

Does anyone have an update on Salah?

Does anyone have an update on Salah?
    There were news today that Klopp was hopeful Salah would be able to play. Emre Can is out though and captain is not allowed to play after the last yellow card