Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    "base package" would be 2 CB and 2 Safeties

nickel is adding one

dime is adding two
    Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Re: Football 101

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    It assists your timing when you want a quick pass for a short gain. Having to drop back takes more time.
    The downside is that you have to take your eyes off the defense at the snap so you can catch the ball. A lot of QBs don't like it for that reason.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Re: Football 101g

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    When teams have the ball at a hashmark, and they run a sweep, I often see them run the sweep toward the SHORT side of the field. Ie, if they are on the right hash, the sweep toward the right sideline.

That's tactically dumb, right? Sideline is an "extra tackler". Shouldn't all sweeps be run toward the open side of the formation, if possible?

Are teams doing this to try to surprise the D? Do Ds usually position themselves to deny the "open" side? What's going on here?
    good question, from a defender standpoint we always have"more" guys on the back side of the play (open side) or there should be anyways, the defense will slide to that side to prevent that huge back side run so, that's why you see teams try to run that sweep on the short side because it tends to catch the defense off guard but at the same time like you stated that sideline is an extra defender so often times a defense will be willing to give up 5yrds instead of 20 on the back side.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    what's a catch?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    lol No one knows.

Blog Entries

To add to Jim's questions, thats why the zone blocking scheme is deadly when executed right because if the line executes a zone block on a say a sweep play on the short side of the field there are so many options that RB could use to gash that defense.

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    what's a catch?

I think the premise of this thread is to ask questions that actually have an answer.

What you submit is like "what is the meaning of Life ?"
    Captain Offense

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    I think the premise of this thread is to ask questions that actually have an answer.

What you submit is like "what is the meaning of Life ?"
    haha I know. was just being cheeky

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    The Run-Pass Option was a big deal this postseason. We've seen RPO before; but I think it was a little more prominent, more "public" this postseason. The Super Bowl announcers were all over how the Eagles coaching staff embraced this tactic, to help Nick Foles play.

Question: Since no one on the field knows whether the play will be Run or Pass until that split-second when the QB makes the decision – how the hell do the O-linemen not get called for ineligible downfield, if the play turns out to be a pass? Does the O-line have to do only a certain kind of blocking for that play to work? Like, it has to be a zone-blocking run, where the OL's first step is sideways, rather than upfield into their assignment, just in case the ball is thrown?

Or is the QB supposed to make the decision so fast, that it doesn't matter – the OL won't have time to get upfield and draw penalty?

How does this work?
    Typically the passes are short, its normally a slant, a drag or a corner route in the Redzone. Additionally, the blocking scheme is typically devoid of combo blocks which are designed to get to the second level.
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Typically the passes are short, its normally a slant, a drag or a corner route in the Redzone. Additionally, the blocking scheme is typically devoid of combo blocks which are designed to get to the second level.
    If you have corners why not press them bring an extra defender and blow the back up on your way to the Qb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk