Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Real Fan Dan's Super Bowl Adventure

As many of you know, the NFL and the Baltimore Ravens rewarded me for getting half nekkid and leading R-A-V-E-N-S cheers after TD's for twenty years by sending me and my blushing bride to Super Bowl LII all expenses paid.

Pics are attached. Enjoy!

- Real Fan Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Re: Real Fan Dan's Super Bowl Adventure

Attachment 4574Attachment 4575Fans @ Bar Hotel.jpg

Congratulations to the Philadelphia Eagles! You guys made an awful lot of non-combatants very happy in that stadium, in addition to your own fans!

We stayed at the Hotel Minneapolis along with 31 other couples from every NFL team that won toix to the SB just like we did. We hung out and partied together the whole weekend. Besides the game itself, they were the best part of the whole venture - hands down. What a party!
    Twenty years of Cheers.

Did you show off the gut and lead an Eagles cheer??????
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...DXtDyQyXPLh_VgIf anybody's having trouble with the attached pics let me know. I'm not particularly savvy with that

On game day they spirited us down to "Level -3" in that truly magnificent stadium. We had to wear a special secret bracelet, as we went down the stairs, then we were issued a special secret card, then we had to walk about 20 feet to a guy who did the flashy flashy thing with it, then a right turn almost walking into Belechick in the tunnel leading to the Field lol!

One of the Bengals fans took a video of me doing the R-A-V-E-N-S cheer on the Eagles sideline on the actual field at SB LII. Probably the high water mark of this bald headed fat guy's cheering career lol. Still can't hardly believe all this happened.
    Twenty years of Cheers.

Here's a view of the halftime show from up in the nosebleeds.

Attachment 4577
    Twenty years of Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Did you show off the gut and lead an Eagles cheer??????
    No way dude! Tho I'll admit I joined in on the Eagles Fight Song after a couple of their scores.

Btw, I heard you guys got treated to continuous Brady ballwashing by Collinsworth. Please be advised that in US Bank it was an Eagles home game lol. They came running out with the lettered flags and the Eagle waving the big flag and half the stadium singing. The Patriot cheerleaders were there, but other than that there was very little fanfare for 'em. Man I liked that!
    Twenty years of Cheers.

what was the environment like in the city? i thought it might be pretty testy. both the philly and pats fans don't take any shit so i assumed there would be a lot of fights in the bars.

i envisioned the people of Minneapolis saying congratulations and good riddance. what was your take since you were actually there?

sweet stache Dan!!

Quote Originally Posted by 52N19 View Post
    what was the environment like in the city? i thought it might be pretty testy. both the philly and pats fans don't take any shit so i assumed there would be a lot of fights in the bars.

i envisioned the people of Minneapolis saying congratulations and good riddance. what was your take since you were actually there?
    An Eagles fan at the airport said the price of the tickets got rid of the riff raff lol.
    I can't stress enough how outgoing and friendly the Minnesotans are. A couple of Minnesotan Ravens fans reached out to my niece on the internet to offer to pick us up, drive us around, even open up their home to us. Harry & Nicky were absolutely terrific and I met several people like them. All of the fans we talked to were in agreement. The bar manager in our hotel said there is "Minnesota Nice" but also sometimes "Minnesota Ice." Talking with Vikings fans the subject came up three different times. Each time they said that they had heard that their fans were treated badly in Philly, but they were not going to do the same thing to the Eagles fans - not in their town. I walked through a crowd of thousands on all 3 days and didn't see one fight. I think maybe the visiting fans on both sides sensed that the folks around them were super cool and they needed to do the same.

Everybody I saw got along famously. Even the Pats fans didn't get out of hand after their loss. Again I still can't believe what an absolute BLAST that was!!!
    Twenty years of Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    An Eagles fan at the airport said the price of the tickets got rid of the riff raff lol.
    I can't stress enough how outgoing and friendly the Minnesotans are. A couple of Minnesotan Ravens fans reached out to my niece on the internet to offer to pick us up, drive us around, even open up their home to us. Harry & Nicky were absolutely terrific and I met several people like them. All of the fans we talked to were in agreement. The bar manager in our hotel said there is "Minnesota Nice" but also sometimes "Minnesota Ice." Talking with Vikings fans the subject came up three different times. Each time they said that they had heard that their fans were treated badly in Philly, but they were not going to do the same thing to the Eagles fans - not in their town. I walked through a crowd of thousands on all 3 days and didn't see one fight. I think maybe the visiting fans on both sides sensed that the folks around them were super cool and they needed to do the same.

Everybody I saw got along famously. Even the Pats fans didn't get out of hand after their loss. Again I still can't believe what an absolute BLAST that was!!!
    what a wonderful experience. so glad you got to go and represent the flock!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

So glad you had such an awesome time. Thanks for sharing Dan!
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Real Fan Dan's Super Bowl Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    what a wonderful experience. so glad you got to go and represent the flock!!
    Quote Originally Posted by moviemaniacx View Post
    So glad you had such an awesome time. Thanks for sharing Dan!
    There is not anyone better to represent Ravens fans than Real Fan Dan. He serves as an ambassador to why NFL fans love the game and show their enthusiastic gratitude. It turn, we show our appreciation for him ... Bc