Thread: OT: Fanfest

OT: Fanfest

is it true machado and schoop backed out? buddy just told me

Re: OT: Fanfest

Yes, announced earlier in the day.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-...r-fanfest.html

what the hell is going on in baltimore. this might be a shittiest offseason for baltimore in a while

Yup. Orioles need three starting pitchers and they haven't signed/traded for anyone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Yup. Orioles need three starting pitchers and they haven't signed/traded for anyone.
    From a team that finished in last place. They'll be lucky to win 65 games next year.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    From a team that finished in last place. They'll be lucky to win 65 games next year.
    They should have sold everything at the trade deadline last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

He knows he won't be an Oriole, probably doesn't want the questions and pressure

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

From @masnRoch at Fanfest:
    Buck says “don’t forget to wash your hands today. We don’t want this to be flufest.”
    Buck tells fans not to get caught up in what’s happening in January. “Let them keep doubting us.”
    Fan pressing Duquette on how team can stay competitive in AL East with 2 starters. He’s talking about how club stayed competitive into Sept. still have pitching issue. “I believe we can still address it.
    Dan asked if Ryan Flaherty will be back. Says club has been talking to him
    Fan says sign Manny or trade him. Demands answers! “We like Manny. We value him for this year’s ballclub”. Says a lot of teams interested in Manny but #orioles like him too. Heyward type deal wasn’t there for Os
    Britton “coming along well,” Buck says. Out of the walking boot. Feb 11 starts rehab in Sarasota
    Buck said Hunter Harvey could help #orioles later in the summer
    Despite expanded netting, players still will be encouraged to sign autographs. Buck glad it’s being done to protect fans. “There’s nothing more fan friendly we can do than protect our fans.”
    Buck said he told players “we’ve graduated from competing. That’s not good enough.”

Trade Manny
    Trade Schoop
    Trade Jones
    Trade Gausman
    Trade Britton (when he’s back)
    Trade Trumbo
    Get a new GM
    Rebuild it! It’s the only thing that we can do at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Trade Manny
    Trade Schoop
    Trade Jones
    Trade Gausman
    Trade Britton (when he’s back)
    Trade Trumbo
    Get a new GM
    Rebuild it! It’s the only thing that we can do at this point.

I'm behind all of that except Gausman. When you need three starters, you can't trade away one of the two decent ones you have. He's under club control for awhile. Only way I'd trade him is for a truckload of pitching prospects with major league potential. And no one is giving that up for Gausman.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I'm behind all of that except Gausman. When you need three starters, you can't trade away one of the two decent ones you have. He's under club control for awhile. Only way I'd trade him is for a truckload of pitching prospects with major league potential. And no one is giving that up for Gausman.
    While I love Gausmans live arm I’ve grown frustrated with his inconsistency. The potential is there but for the life of me I can’t figure out why this club cant develop SP to save their life. I have no faith in the Orioles getting him to develop a third pitch so trading him only seems right.
    The thing about it is there are some core pieces in place to help make this team a winner but I’m not sure the owner will allow to spend where the money is needed to be spent.
    Davis’ contract was a total waste. You had Mancini coming up, you had Trumbo and you out bid yourself for a 200 K guy. Trumbo is the same player as Davis and for some reason they paid him.
    This team is so poorly ran. They should have knocked down Cobb and Lynn’s door trying to get them to sign. Just because it’s a slow off season doesn’t mean the Orioles have to be slow. They’ve done nothing but trade for a guy who been on 4 teams in 6 months and drafted 3 rule 5 guys with one that needs to do another 40 plus days on the team.