Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Question for PSL holders

If the super bowl was being held here this year do you guys get first crack at your seats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Question for PSL holders

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    If the super bowl was being held here this year do you guys get first crack at your seats?

No. The NFL controls the distribution of SB tickets.
    Captain Offense

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    No. The NFL controls the distribution of SB tickets.
    Gotcha. I was just curious thanks

Also important to note: the Super Bowl will never, ever, ever be held in Baltimore.
    "Chin up, chest out."

What about concert tickets?

They hold a PSL lottery for SuperBowl tickets. It's weighted for Suite Owners and Club Seat PSL Holders. The common man in Section 525 has a better chance of winning Powerball. And, as was said, unless we replace M&T with a sparkling new billion dollar dome with a convertible top or side panels, it ain't never coming here.

We also have no advantage for concert tickets. Occasionally we may get invited to a pre-sale, but we are in no way guaranteed our seats for other events in the venue. Basically all the PSL is, is an upfront surcharge for the right to buy season tickets every year.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    And, as was said, unless we replace M&T with a sparkling new billion dollar dome with a convertible top or side panels, it ain't never coming here.
    And even then, I think that "Homicide" and "the Wire", along with the recent riots, will keep Baltimore off the target list for the NFL.
    Captain Offense

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    They hold a PSL lottery for SuperBowl tickets. It's weighted for Suite Owners and Club Seat PSL Holders. The common man in Section 525 has a better chance of winning Powerball. And, as was said, unless we replace M&T with a sparkling new billion dollar dome with a convertible top or side panels, it ain't never coming here.

We also have no advantage for concert tickets. Occasionally we may get invited to a pre-sale, but we are in no way guaranteed our seats for other events in the venue. Basically all the PSL is, is an upfront surcharge for the right to buy season tickets every year.
    So why do people keep buying them... it seems like a scam
    Burn it down

To be able to buy season tickets.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post

From what I understand NO. The only way we would have a shot at getting ticket is if the Ravens were playing. We'd then have to enter a lottery with all other owners a relatively small amount of tickets and the right to purchase at totally escalated costs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    If you're an avid football fan and enjoy attending the games it's totally worth it. The schedule comes out in April and I just mark off my calendar when the home games are. I like having my tickets and a routine and not having to purchase each game. With the exception of this year, I've attended most all the games.

I plan vacations, etc. around the games. We get first crack at playoff tickets. That was quite nice in 2000, 2003, 2006, 2011 and 2012 to not have to deal with raised ticket prices or secondary markets. My playoff tickets were already sitting in my house. There are some other small perks like NFL replay which my son uses and 10% discount on all Ravens merchandise which I've used a lot. I was able to get on the field one year to kick fieldgoals with my son. Our picture was featured in a Ravens advertisement. That alone made it worth while all these years. :-)

I paid the original price for my two PSLs on the corner of the endzone upper deck back in 2000 which was pretty cheap. I think it's worked out to $25 a year for each ticket in my case.

As long as you enjoy the games and the stadium atmosphere and you use the tickets its a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    A not so long time ago in a galaxy very much like the one you're in there existed a team of men represented by the almighty Raven. Each man had imperfections but their imperfections endeared them to their fans. They would meet on a field of battle on Sunday's to face down their foes striking them with power and ferocity of physical spirit. Their leader Lewis would bow to no man, instilling a sense of power and strength upon every team member.

The mere sight of this powerful tribe would send shivers down the spines of the citizens that would come to watch and hear the fierce battles upon the Tundra. To have the honer of attending one of these events was a highly sought after prize. Men and women for hundreds of miles would pay exorbitant sums to see for their own eyes the spectacle in purple.

Alas, as all good things must end, so too did the reign of Lewis. With the loss of Lewis came the dark years in which no man could instill the confidence in the players that now occupied the halls of a lost time. There were those who say it was this lack of spirit and fight that eventually took the excitement of visiting the arena, some who say that disrespect to the land in which the team fought was ultimately responsible for the quieting of a once thunderous stage.

Whatever the ultimate reason those who once revered the Ravens and could only dream of attending a game now found that even though it was within their grasp , there was no more desire to watch the gladiators take the arena. Ultimately those that had reserved their spots and paid for the right to attend could find no takers for the opportunity when it became too pedestrian for even those diehard fans to watch.

What was once a way for those that could scrape together the funds to guarantee that they could attend all of the raucous events became a curse upon those very same people. They no longer had the will to watch a once proud organization descend to the level of milquetoast but could also not find someone else to pass the torch too. They found themselves beholden unto an organization that neither showed mercy for those that had invested in the Ravens nor tried to rise to the level of past glory.