Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Re: Great defenses can break

You guys never broke in 2000 though.

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Zebras can break a good defense in a call or two.
    And a great qb

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    And a great qb

I've seen this team break 12 before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I've seen this team break 12 before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Weird, me too

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by cvilleRaven View Post
    The 1999 Ravens were the #2 defense in the NFL. We lost to the Rams 27-10. The only major piece on defense that changed from opening day 99 to opening day 2000 was McAlister.

In 1999, we were #6 in points allowed (277). The big difference between 99 and 2000 were recovered fumbles (from 10 to 26), and points allowed (112 fewer). That, and the absolutely soul crushing run defense.
    Not exactly agreeing with you on that one. I think the 1999 and 2000 teams were a world apart.
    Scott Mitchell was the quarterback against those Rams in 99. LOL.
    That 2000 Ravens team had a number of improvements on offense AND defense AND special teams.
    That's why there was such a huge uptick for the defense.
    Additions to the 2000 defensive squad were: Sam Adams, Adalius Thomas, Robert Bailey, Anthony Davis, Clarence Love, OJ Brigance, and Anthony Mitchell. Adams alongside Goose is why no one could run up the middle or get to Ray, allowing Ray to go from sideline to sideline. Those other additions resulted in our special teams being incredible and suffocating. And our defensive starters now had capable backups to come in and help keep them fresher.
    The additions to offense meant we could run the ball down opponents throats: Jamal, and Shannon Sharpe and Ben Coates, as well as, Mulitalo next to JO. Move the sticks, keep the clock running, and keep that great defense rested.
    “They gonna get a Super Bowl outta me. Believe that…Believe that”, Lamar, after being drafted by the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    The additions to offense meant we could run the ball down opponents throats: Jamal, and Shannon Sharpe and Ben Coates, as well as, Mulitalo next to JO. Move the sticks, keep the clock running, and keep that great defense rested.
    So, if the Ravens invest in offense this off season, perhaps the 2018 defense can improve too? Hmmm...