Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Government Shutdown

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    He did have 4 Dem Senator votes. If they were going to get the votes on the Dem side they would have gotten the GOP votes. The Sen vote was a formality because they knew it was not going to pass. The Repubs that held out did so to show their constituents that they were upset over funding of military. This is the Dems holding the Government hostage over the dreamers. They know that if they don't have a government shut down as leverage they won't have much leverage in the Immigration negotiation. Dems own this shut down same as the Repubs owned the 2013 shutdown over Obama Care. DACA does not even expire until March so there is no need to shut the government over getting a DACA bill passed.
    #1 Why should Dems believe that DACA will get resolved in the next 2 months when it's been stalling in Congress for the better part of a decade? Especially when Trump could have backed the bipartisan policy that Graham and Durbin brought which also ended the diversity lottery and this wouldn't even be an issue.

#2 Trump didn't even have to make the decision on DACA in the first place. He could have let it play out in the courts while leading to get legislation done through Congress. There wouldn't even be a March deadline on his watch. In that event I would say this was completely on the Dems, but he put it on his clock.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    It's completely dependent on what the difference is about him that got those votes.

Unfortunately that's a la la land we don't live in.

I have no idea what this means I was asking a serious question as I don’t follow politics that closely anymore.

Did he have all the GOP votes or not?

Huh?

Isn't that what Jim Acosta asked before Mulvaney made him look like a jack-ass...again?

The life of the Democratic Party depends on these illegal immigrants being able to vote. That's pretty much why this is happening. Politics at it's worse. These people are fucking scumbag losers.

I can't wait for DJT to call them out in the upcoming state of the union.
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 01-21-2018 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I have no idea what this means I was asking a serious question as I don’t follow politics that closely anymore.
    Several GOP senators are tired of repeatedly voting on short term spending bills. Their reasoning being that it hurts the military. They had 4 No votes from that side of the aisle on this one and McCain didn't vote.

I'm saying that for Trump to have earned their votes, he would have to be better at negotiating with and leading the lawmakers. It's just not in his background to do so.

Blog Entries

What this proves is that the Dems have learned nothing over Trump being elected. They are again choosing illegals over American citizens. They have really lost touch of who they are working for. Members of Congress should stop being paid like many of the Federal workers until there is a resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Huh?

Isn't that what Jim Acosta asked before Mulvaney made him look like a jack-ass...again?

The life of the Democratic Party depends on these illegal immigrants being able to vote. That's pretty much why this is happening. Politics at it's worse. These people are fucking scumbag losers.

I can't wait for DJT to call them out in the upcoming state of the union.
    It's what he asked if you fundamentally misunderstand what I was talking about.

And I'll say it again, it could have been avoided if he'd backed the bipartisan policy brought by Graham and Durbin, which would have even given him an end to the diversity lottery he doesn't like. It would have given him money for border control too. And it wouldn't have allowed DACA recipients to shelter their parents or bring them over if they'd been deported.

That you think DACA recipients can vote is downright laughable, so I'll let your own words sit on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    What this proves is that the Dems have learned nothing over Trump being elected. They are again choosing illegals over American citizens. They have really lost touch of who they are working for. Members of Congress should stop being paid like many of the Federal workers until there is a resolution.
    "There is support across the country for allowing Dreamers — who have records of achievement — to stay, work, and reach their full potential. We should not squander these young people’s talents and penalize our own nation."

-Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.

That you think DACA recipients can vote is downright laughable, so I'll let your own words sit on that one.
    The fact that you don't think DACA recipients aren't already voting and won't be able to vote once granted amnesty is laughable.

https://cdn.americanprogressaction.o...OnDreamers.pdf

The leaked memo in the link above is from former Hillary Clinton official Jennifer Palmieri, and it shows that the Democrats are primarily concerned about protecting DACA recipients because it is a "critical component of the Democratic Party’s future electoral success."

Any questions?

I can be arrogant and smug too...so...I'll let your own words sit on that one.
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 01-21-2018 at 02:54 PM.

Blog Entries

"There is support across the country for allowing Dreamers — who have records of achievement — to stay, work, and reach their full potential. We should not squander these young people’s talents and penalize our own nation."

Dems always come with these warm and fuzzy names. "Dreamers". Our kids have dreams too. Secure the borders, then we'll talk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Lindsey Graham? Really? Are you familiar with his voting record?

How does quoting a swamp creature senator like Graham prove any point that you are trying to make?

Federal agents told The Washington Examiner's Paul Bedard that the number of DACA recipients that have lost their protected status due to crime or gang affiliations "surged 30 percent" in 2017 with more and more DACA recipients seemingly committing crimes every year. For example, 56 recipients lost their protected status in 2013 due to crime or gang activity, a number that shot all the way up to 622 in 2017 — a near 1,200% increase.

Yeah, that sounds like a ton of achievement and a lot of talent!

Again, illegal immigration is costing taxpayers $100 billion a year and there are only a handful of people sitting in Washington that truly give a shit about that. Tell me one Democrat who does give a shit and I'll pay your mortgage for the rest of the year.
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 01-21-2018 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    The fact that you don't think DACA recipients aren't already voting and won't be able to vote once granted amnesty is laughable.

https://cdn.americanprogressaction.o...OnDreamers.pdf

This leaked memofrom former Hillary Clinton official Jennifer Palmieri shows that the Democrats are primarily concerned about protecting DACA recipients because it is a "critical component of the Democratic Party’s future electoral success."

Any questions?

I can be arrogant and smug too...so...I'll let your own words sit on that one.
    You realize that's in reference to also providing them a clear path to citizenship, right?

Citizens can vote. DACA recipients can't. There's no proof that they do.

Whatever happened to Trump's team that was looking into illegal voters?

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Dems always come with these warm and fuzzy names. "Dreamers". Our kids have dreams too. Secure the borders, then we'll talk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Dream Act of 2001, where the term comes from was cosponsored by Dick Durbin and Orrin Hatch.