Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Government Shutdown

I sure don't miss going through this bullshit like I did during my 30 years working for DOD. I was always deemed essential, which always pissed me off. I'd rather of had the paid vacation. I heard today that all government agencies have some kind of reserve fund that they can use in the event of a shutdown. Obama refused to use those funds during the last shutdown to make a political statement. Imagine that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Just over 9 and half hours until the government shuts down. Can't wait (in my Bart Scott) to not have a job. Oh, wait I'm mission critical so I get to come to work AND not get paid...awesome

Sorry Dade, I didn't see this thread when I stated the #SchumerShutdown thread. The whole thing is so silly. Dreamers are not a priority, the citizens of the U.S.A. are.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Sorry Dade, I didn't see this thread when I stated the #SchumerShutdown thread. The whole thing is so silly. Dreamers are not a priority, the citizens of the U.S.A. are.
    Hey Man! I have a Dream!! A dream of going back to my job with pay on Thursday!! Damn Libtards!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Hey Man! I have a Dream!! A dream of going back to my job with pay on Thursday!! Damn Libtards!

Exactly. If you don't help us import Democrat voters to keep us in our cushy jobs, we'll shut the government down. #SchumerShutdown

Exactly. If you don't help us import Democrat voters to keep us in our cushy jobs, we'll shut the government down. #SchumerShutdown

🤣🤣

Blog Entries

If the government is shut down for any length of time, people might realize that they can survive quite well without most of the government.

It's really too bad we don't have a great negotiator in the white house to get things done.
    Couldn't even get all the GOP senators on board.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    It's really too bad we don't have a great negotiator in the white house to get things done.
    Couldn't even get all the GOP senators on board.

Dude, don't even go there. Trump offered way more than I would have. He can't even get a commitment from Chuckie to stop illegals from wandering across our borders.

Back up your argument. If someone breaks into your house do they automatically become a member of your family?

Dude, don't even go there. Trump offered way more than I would have. He can't even get a commitment from Chuckie to stop illegals from wandering across our borders.

Back up your argument. If someone breaks into your house do they automatically become a member of your family?
    Did he have all the GOP votes or not?

Blog Entries

Would it have passed if he did?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Would it have passed if he did?
    It's completely dependent on what the difference is about him that got those votes.

Unfortunately that's a la la land we don't live in.

He did have 4 Dem Senator votes. If they were going to get the votes on the Dem side they would have gotten the GOP votes. The Sen vote was a formality because they knew it was not going to pass. The Repubs that held out did so to show their constituents that they were upset over funding of military. This is the Dems holding the Government hostage over the dreamers. They know that if they don't have a government shut down as leverage they won't have much leverage in the Immigration negotiation. Dems own this shut down same as the Repubs owned the 2013 shutdown over Obama Care. DACA does not even expire until March so there is no need to shut the government over getting a DACA bill passed.