Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Cathartic Madden Season

Quote Originally Posted by KMO13 View Post
    I'm impressed with the production from Collins - I suck at running in this year's Madden.

Landry's stats are what we will see here in Baltimore, right???
    Pro tips

Dont hit the turbo button, it makes the CPU disengage there blocks and they tackle you right away....its been an odd thing in madden for the past several years.

running out of the Single back with 01-trap (guard pulls across center) will normally get you 3-6 yards.

If you pick a passing play out of the formation you want to run, and then audible to a run, you will most likely get 4-6 yards.

Goal line running against CPU is easier if you go shotgun pass play- audible to run play such as hb zone (draws dont work as well)
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

I'm impressed with the production from Collins - I suck at running in this year's Madden.

Landry's stats are what we will see here in Baltimore, right???
    Ha, I wish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Pro tips

Dont hit the turbo button, it makes the CPU disengage there blocks and they tackle you right away....its been an odd thing in madden for the past several years.

running out of the Single back with 01-trap (guard pulls across center) will normally get you 3-6 yards.

If you pick a passing play out of the formation you want to run, and then audible to a run, you will most likely get 4-6 yards.

Goal line running against CPU is easier if you go shotgun pass play- audible to run play such as hb zone (draws dont work as well)
    I think the big trick with running in Madden is to follow the blocks and hit the correct hole, then cut back once you get to the 2nd level. If you try to run wherever, it won’t work. I constantly was trying to bounc stuff outside and I’d get stopped for 2-3 yards each time.

Passing is also challenging because AI defense is pretty good in coverage. Took me a long time to work on timing and throwing to receivers before they’re breaking off their route.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I’ve actually been using Carl Davis.

I did the same thing. I’d get Williams overall up and trade away his contract and get a pretty damn solid pick.

I run this game

https://www.sportsmogul.com/footballmogul.html

lets you draft/trade GM. no coach options.
    you can 'play' by selecting plays during games or just simulate.

I ran the Browns and drafted Flacco and won two SBs!
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Anyone else have an absurd number of in-game injuries? I mean, on a regular basis I get a WR ON THE BACKSIDE OF A RUNNING PLAY injured. It's enough to make a man want to find the Madden developers and beat them with a cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    Anyone else have an absurd number of in-game injuries? I mean, on a regular basis I get a WR ON THE BACKSIDE OF A RUNNING PLAY injured. It's enough to make a man want to find the Madden developers and beat them with a cast.
    Every year both of my HBs are injured for a minimum of 4 weeks. I always end up on my 3rd string no matter who or how high their injury rating is.

I drafted a rookie with 96 injury - out by week 4 for an 8 week injury
    My back up Marlon Mack out for 6 weeks by week 7
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    Definitely. I mean, you can adjust the injuries a bit...but yea...every other play it seems.

Welcome to the board! The madden threads are always my favorite.

How does Brandon Williams stats look like at season's end? I ALWAYS trade him.
    Thanks! His stats are usually not great, and his OVR seems to regress pretty quickly after the 2nd season. When I simmed through year 1, my run D was atrocious, ranked 18th I think. What do you usually get for him?