Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Demariyus Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    You really think so? There Ds not what it was all their WRs are 30 and their oline isn't very good. I'd say they are pretty close to rebuild time especially when taking 20 million out for a qb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Productive wide receivers are very difficult to find. Last year was tough with the QBs but Thomas still had 83 catches for 949 and 5 TDs. Before that he had 5 years between 1050 - 1600 yards each. How do they replace that production? If the Broncos had a young great looking WR they could make that move. For example, the Saints saw what Michael Thomas was and traded Brandon Cooks. The Steelers saw AB emerge and didn't pay up for Emmanuel Sanders. That's not the case with the Broncos.

The Broncos go into the 2018 with $29 million in cap space and very few of their own free agents to sign. Why get rid of a player that you would have a tough time replacing?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Productive wide receivers are very difficult to find. Last year was tough with the QBs but Thomas still had 83 catches for 949 and 5 TDs. Before that he had 5 years between 1050 - 1600 yards each. How do they replace that production? If the Broncos had a young great looking WR they could make that move. For example, the Saints saw what Michael Thomas was and traded Brandon Cooks. The Steelers saw AB emerge and didn't pay up for Emmanuel Sanders. That's not the case with the Broncos.

The Broncos go into the 2018 with $29 million in cap space and very few of their own free agents to sign. Why get rid of a player that you would have a tough time replacing?
    I see your point I just don't see them as a qb away from being a Super Bowl competitor. I think Kc is clearly above them in their division and I'm not sure they are a better team then Oak or Sdg.

Blog Entries

I see your point I just don't see them as a qb away from being a Super Bowl competitor. I think Kc is clearly above them in their division and I'm not sure they are a better team then Oak or Sdg.

I don't think they are a QB away either but that doesn't mean you dump your best players. To me it's why the Cardinals kept Fitzgerald in a lot of up and down years. The position is really tough to fill so why get rid of him without a replacement? Thomas has 2 years left on his contract. My guess is he finishes out that deal and then they make a decision about whether to pay up to keep him

Blog Entries

I doubt they cut him. 5m in savings, dont know if thats something they’d be interested in. If they are looking at trading him it’d likely be a post June 1.

You really think so? There Ds not what it was all their WRs are 30 and their oline isn't very good. I'd say they are pretty close to rebuild time especially when taking 20 million out for a qb

what are you talking about. they rebuilt their o line. whats wrong with 30 for WR? the D is still good they just quit this season bc the qb was unbearable.
    not even close to rebuild time

Thomas could work. Check out his contract details, his base salary balloons to 14m in 2019, basically making it an option year they're not going to pick up. So if 2018 is going to be his last year on his current contract anyway, it makes sense for them to try and get something for him.

It's basically the exact same situation as Boldin in 2009. He was in the last year of his deal and just turned 30 years old. The Cardinals were right on the edge of a rebuild and knew he wasn't part of their long-term plans, so the Ravens got him and a 5th for their 3rd and 4th and immediately extended him. I don't know if you immediately extend Thomas if you get him, but a 3rd and a 4th probably sound about right for a 30 year old WR who is probably on the downside of his career but still very good.

I think he would be a great fit for the WCO, he's played in it almost his entire career, and a good fit for Flacco. He can go up and get the ball especially in the red zone but is also a huge YAC threat.

broncos are not cutting thomas jesus. smoove tell em whas up

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    broncos are not cutting thomas jesus. smoove tell em whas up
    man if the donkeys get a QB they will be back to the playoffs before we do, broncos are an easy fix, they just need to stabilize that Oline, get a legit QB and maybe a RB and they are back in full force. That's a strong young team mixed with prime vet talent. Thomas ain't going no where, plus they got money to spend.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Thomas could work. Check out his contract details, his base salary balloons to 14m in 2019, basically making it an option year they're not going to pick up. So if 2018 is going to be his last year on his current contract anyway, it makes sense for them to try and get something for him.

It's basically the exact same situation as Boldin in 2009. He was in the last year of his deal and just turned 30 years old. The Cardinals were right on the edge of a rebuild and knew he wasn't part of their long-term plans, so the Ravens got him and a 5th for their 3rd and 4th and immediately extended him. I don't know if you immediately extend Thomas if you get him, but a 3rd and a 4th probably sound about right for a 30 year old WR who is probably on the downside of his career but still very good.

I think he would be a great fit for the WCO, he's played in it almost his entire career, and a good fit for Flacco. He can go up and get the ball especially in the red zone but is also a huge YAC threat.
    The Cardinals also had Fitzgerald. They couldn't afford both. They Broncos aren't in that situation. Few teams are. Maybe the Jags with Lee and Robinson?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Cardinals also had Fitzgerald. They couldn't afford both. They Broncos aren't in that situation. Few teams are. Maybe the Jags with Lee and Robinson?
    Jags are just going to cut Hurns. He's getting 10 million per and carries zero dead cap. Robinson isn't leaving

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    man if the donkeys get a QB they will be back to the playoffs before we do, broncos are an easy fix, they just need to stabilize that Oline, get a legit QB and maybe a RB and they are back in full force. That's a strong young team mixed with prime vet talent. Thomas ain't going no where, plus they got money to spend.
    Ok, so how many reams are a QB, RB, and a good OL away? That could be said for so many teams

Blog Entries

Jags are just going to cut Hurns. He's getting 10 million per and carries zero dead cap. Robinson isn't leaving

That's definitely possible. Makes a lot sense but they would wait until they got Robinson signed before cutting Hurns just in case.