Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Who would you be comfortable with the Ravens...

...trading up for towards the top of Round 1 in this coming draft? I want an offensive playmaker in the worst way, but I wouldn't be mad at all if they traded up to get Rocquan Smith or Minkah Fitzpatrick if they fall past, say, pick 8 or after. My only fear is that they have to give up a lot to move just a few spots, then won't be able to draft in the depth area of round 2-4, where I think they're more likely to draft skill positions. Thoughts?

Re: Who would you be comfortable with the Ravens...

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    ...trading up for towards the top of Round 1 in this coming draft? I want an offensive playmaker in the worst way, but I wouldn't be mad at all if they traded up to get Rocquan Smith or Minkah Fitzpatrick if they fall past, say, pick 8 or after. My only fear is that they have to give up a lot to move just a few spots, then won't be able to draft in the depth area of round 2-4, where I think they're more likely to draft skill positions. Thoughts?
    It depends how far they fall. Moving up to 10 or 11 would cost at least a 3rd rounder. Moving up 2-3 spots would be at least a 4th rounder.

Blog Entries

I'd be sick if they moved up to grab anything for the defense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love to get Saquon Barkley, but I don't see Ozzie trading up to a top 5 draft pick. Which is what it would take to land Barkley.

Blog Entries

The elite talent isn’t there to be worth a move up in this draft imo. The only teams I see moving up a bunch are the ones chasing QBs again, which is becoming an annual tradition now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    The elite talent isn’t there to be worth a move up in this draft imo. The only teams I see moving up a bunch are the ones chasing QBs again, which is becoming an annual tradition now.
    I could see Buffalo moving way up they have the ammo to do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To get Julio Jones: they traded Atlanta's first (27th overall, which later became #26), second (59th) and fourth-rounder (124th) in 2011 and also Atlanta's first- and fourth-round selections in 2012.

That was from 26 to 6.

From 16 to 6 the price would obvioulsy be less, but I'd imagine we'd be looking at our 1st, 2nd and next years 1st (maybe 2nd).

Is that all worth one of the top 5 guys?

IMO there's not a WR in this draft that's the next Julio or AJ Green (Both 2011 guys). Saquon Barkley may be that type of impact player though....
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

I would do it if I was fairly confident the OFFENSIVE player I was moving up for would make a Michael Thomas or Zeke Elliott type of impact as a rookie, as I think that's what could pull them from .500 territory to 10 or 11 wins.

I would probably not do it for a defensive player - maybe a DE/OLB pass rush type, but certainly not an ILB or CB.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

An offensive skill player who touches the ball. Preferably a potential #1 WR, but a playmaking TE or Barkley would be good too. Although with Dixon returning and the emergence of Collins, I'd prefer WR or TE. If they trade up for a defensive player, it better be for the the next goddamned Ray Lewis or Lawrence Taylor.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

The only player I would feel fine with moving up for is a QB. This draft is really deep in them. Lamar Jackson, Rosen (gone), Darnald, and Allen.

Get one of those guys in the first round. I don't give a f about playmakers. Flacco couldn't hit them even if we had one. Go find yourself an elite qb

Blog Entries

It's just too early. Right now no prospect stands out but that's how it always is this time of year. Only us losers think about the draft in January

I would love Saquan Barkley by all means. Not sold on any of the WRs in this draft class. Now how you go about moving up into the top 3 to draft him would be a challenge. Maybe trade Harbaugh + our 16th pick to the Giants for their #2 or the Colts for their #3?

^_<