Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideal Draft

Blog Entries

Re: Ideal Draft

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    need a saints like draft, where you find 3 day 1 impact, game changing starters.... Of course thats like a once in a decade or 2 draft
    Do we have that many holes on defense that need filled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by shana View Post
    My ideal draft would be Minkah Fitz in Rd.1 and then WR/TE/OL in any order until round 4...
    I’m in. Or QB with comp pick in 3rd. 4th-7th with another WR and OL

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    I like your draft. I’d love to get James. What a talent to have in the secondary.
    Only question I’d have for you ....No QB?

Mayfield at 16.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I honestly think Bowser can be that guy, so I would rather use this pick for a WR like DJ Moore. Since Love isn't coming out, I would mind grabbing Guice when possible.
    I like that idea. If bowser becomes more of an ilb playing next to cj, do you think we should draft a pass rusher in the 2nd instead?

Quote Originally Posted by MK5200 View Post
    I like that idea. If bowser becomes more of an ilb playing next to cj, do you think we should draft a pass rusher in the 2nd instead?

Negative. I think talent at wr we need to take advantage of. Judon is stepping up, Smith has a role and I expect Twill to get more playing time, his specialty in college was rushing the passer. We have drafted so much defense we need to give those players a chance instead of keep drafting more which limits the their development. First four rounds I'd like a rb (Guice) wr, wr, insert a OL guy. No order specific, but there is too many good wrs for us to pass on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    First four rounds I'd like a rb (Guice) wr, wr, insert a OL guy. No order specific, but there is too many good wrs for us to pass on.
    In no specific order, in the first four rounds (5 picks barring a trade), I'd be thrilled with WR, TE, Oline, RB, and one defensive player who stands out above the rest mixed in... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    In no specific order, in the first four rounds (5 picks barring a trade), I'd be thrilled with WR, TE, Oline, RB, and one defensive player who stands out above the rest mixed in... Bc
    Yea that seems like a nice haul. I'm Prolly in the minority but I'm hoping for Graham

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    I like your draft. I’d love to get James. What a talent to have in the secondary.
    Only question I’d have for you ....No QB?

One of the few perks of overpaying for guys like Flacco is that we don't have to keep chasing QB's with top draft picks year after year. I could see a 4th rounder or later as a pure project and back-up, but we can't afford to use anything higher when we're so locked into his deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackmaster View Post
    One of the few perks of overpaying for guys like Flacco is that we don't have to keep chasing QB's with top draft picks year after year. I could see a 4th rounder or later as a pure project and back-up, but we can't afford to use anything higher when we're so locked into his deal.
    True, but NEs system is pretty smart by taking one frequently and letting them develop in the system at a very cheap rate. God forbid Joe goes down and said player steps in and pulls a Jimmy G, we could of found our future. Mallet isn't...

I would want Orlando Brown DJ Moore and Guice out of LSU

Since this is just an exercise in identifying positions of need, and then plugging in players we like, I wanted to point out that I expect tight ends to also be on the team's radar. No problem with any of the players projected in the thread, but just wanted to say I expect a fairly highly rated TE to fall to them...that, and a mid round QB prospect would not be a surprise.

I won't pretend to have really graded TEs but here's the list of guys I see being touted. In the games I saw, a few of them did stand out. I think we can certainly get more athletic than Boyle, younger than Watson and more dependable than Williams or Waller.

1. Mark Andrews | Oklahoma (Baker Mayfield's go-to guy; big target and athletic)

2. Mike Gesicki | Penn State (towering 6'6" and athletic. Huge red zone threat)

3. Troy Fumagalli | Wisconsin (fits their scheme in that he's a great blocker and reliable target in the seam)

4. Adam Breneman | Massachusetts (Was stuck behind Gesicki and transferred out after being a big time recruit; nearly as tall at 6'5")

5. Dallas Goedert | South Dakota State (Ravens have done well finding FCS guys and he's worth looking at with big numbers, including 17+ ypc avg.)

6. Hayden Hurst | South Carolina

7. Drew Sample | Washington

8. Ryan Izzo | Florida State

9. Cam Serigne | Wake Forest

10. Ian Thomas | Indiana

11. Dalton Schultz | Stanford

12. Marcus Baugh | Ohio State

13. Brandon Fritts | North Carolina

14. Tyler Petite | USC

15. C.J. Conrad | Kentucky

* List from Draftwire; comments mine

First round - Trade 1st and 2nd round pick and move up and select a QB. You can then move Flacco to WR.

Third round - ILB or blue chip DE that dropped

Fourth round - Developmental OL

Fifth round - FB (I liked what Rickard did, but we need a better FB)

Sixth round - WR

Seventh round - QB

We could then move Flacco to WR or TE or QBs coach.