Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ideal Draft

Re: Ideal Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    First round - Trade 1st and 2nd round pick and move up and select a QB. You can then move Flacco to WR.

Third round - ILB or blue chip DE that dropped

Fourth round - Developmental OL

Fifth round - FB (I liked what Rickard did, but we need a better FB)

Sixth round - WR

Seventh round - QB

We could then move Flacco to WR or TE or QBs coach.
    So much for getting playmakers. I'd hate this draft and prolly boycott. How do you not address wr until the 6th? A fb before a rb or wr? Or is this a joke?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    True, but NEs system is pretty smart by taking one frequently and letting them develop in the system at a very cheap rate. God forbid Joe goes down and said player steps in and pulls a Jimmy G, we could of found our future. Mallet isn't...
    but when your picking 31-32 every year you're always already a solid built team.

We need impact players.

My draft

Ronald Jones II HB USC
    DJ Moore WR Maryland
    Caleb Wilson TE UCLA
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    but when your picking 31-32 every year you're always already a solid built team.

We need impact players.

My draft

Ronald Jones II HB USC
    DJ Moore WR Maryland
    Caleb Wilson TE UCLA
    Oh trust me I agree we need impact players, I want a rb, 2 wrs in the first 4. What's the deal with Jones not being a receiving threat or is that just how he was used

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

So much for getting playmakers. I'd hate this draft and prolly boycott. How do you not address wr until the 6th? A fb before a rb or wr? Or is this a joke?

It's a joke. After every game for the last 5 years no matter what the circumstance any and every news sources has blamed every woe the Ravens have on Flacco. Half the people on this board follow that same rhetoric. I'm just so fucking tired of it and you can clearly see by how this past year played out that Ozzie is a fraud along with Harbaugh, yet the franchise QB who's contract is the same as 20 other QBs in the NFL is the one to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    It's a joke. After every game for the last 5 years no matter what the circumstance any and every news sources has blamed every woe the Ravens have on Flacco. Half the people on this board follow that same rhetoric. I'm just so fucking tired of it and you can clearly see by how this past year played out that Ozzie is a fraud along with Harbaugh, yet the franchise QB who's contract is the same as 20 other QBs in the NFL is the one to blame.
    Thank god... I was worried about your mental state

Oh trust me I agree we need impact players, I want a rb, 2 wrs in the first 4. What's the deal with Jones not being a receiving threat or is that just how he was used

I dont think they utilized the HB or at least him in the passing game. I have no idea what his hands are like but he's got the RAC ability to be a nightmare.
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Not trying to speak for Spider Webb, but YES this is a and not a bad one either... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Not trying to speak for Spider Webb, but YES this is a and not a bad one either... Bc
    With some of the trolls on here, you never know

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Since this is just an exercise in identifying positions of need, and then plugging in players we like, I wanted to point out that I expect tight ends to also be on the team's radar. No problem with any of the players projected in the thread, but just wanted to say I expect a fairly highly rated TE to fall to them...that, and a mid round QB prospect would not be a surprise.

I won't pretend to have really graded TEs but here's the list of guys I see being touted. In the games I saw, a few of them did stand out. I think we can certainly get more athletic than Boyle, younger than Watson and more dependable than Williams or Waller.

1. Mark Andrews | Oklahoma (Baker Mayfield's go-to guy; big target and athletic)

2. Mike Gesicki | Penn State (towering 6'6" and athletic. Huge red zone threat)

3. Troy Fumagalli | Wisconsin (fits their scheme in that he's a great blocker and reliable target in the seam)

4. Adam Breneman | Massachusetts (Was stuck behind Gesicki and transferred out after being a big time recruit; nearly as tall at 6'5")

5. Dallas Goedert | South Dakota State (Ravens have done well finding FCS guys and he's worth looking at with big numbers, including 17+ ypc avg.)

6. Hayden Hurst | South Carolina

7. Drew Sample | Washington

8. Ryan Izzo | Florida State

9. Cam Serigne | Wake Forest

10. Ian Thomas | Indiana

11. Dalton Schultz | Stanford

12. Marcus Baugh | Ohio State

13. Brandon Fritts | North Carolina

14. Tyler Petite | USC

15. C.J. Conrad | Kentucky

* List from Draftwire; comments mine
    Very nice! I really like Gesicki and Goedert.
    Both are simply playmakers and would instantly upgrade the offense, especially in the red zone. Big targets, especially Gesicki.
    They both have great hands and have made some really difficult catches. If I could only pick one, it would be Gesicki with his height, but make no mistake, Goedert is legit too.
    “They gonna get a Super Bowl outta me. Believe that…Believe that”, Lamar, after being drafted by the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    Very nice! I really like Gesicki and Goedert.
    Both are simply playmakers and would instantly upgrade the offense, especially in the red zone. Big targets, especially Gesicki.
    They both have great hands and have made some really difficult catches. If I could only pick one, it would be Gesicki with his height, but make no mistake, Goedert is legit too.
    Define "instantly upgrade?" sadly, very rarely do TE rookies make a difference in this league.

Define "instantly upgrade?" sadly, very rarely do TE rookies make a difference in this league.

Catching the ball...of course, if Watson is retiring, and Jimmy Graham is available and affordable, Gesicki would be a nice pairing with him.
    “They gonna get a Super Bowl outta me. Believe that…Believe that”, Lamar, after being drafted by the Ravens.

You get your wr by moving Flacco. Did you even read the post?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk