Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: I Think at least 2 out of the first 3 picks will be on Defense

They can probably get away with the 1st pick being defense if the pick is one of the top rated guys that isn't a DT.
    They go defense on round 2 and 3 after that and the meltdown on here will be nuclear!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

I think if they get a game changing free safety with the top pick then a great ILB with the second pick that would be great then offense the rest of the draft, pickup defense via UDFA

We need more run-stuffers! Heck, we can always move them to FB and reserve OL.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Blog Entries

Re: At least 2 out of the first 3 picks will be on Defense

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    Roquan and Minkah. Otherwise get Courtland Sutton. The more I watch of him the more he looks like an alpha #1WR. Unlike Treadwell, Sutton runs really well with the ball after the catch. He’s powerful, a long strider, with a surprising amount of hip wiggle to elude tacklers and maneuver. He also has sticky hands and plays aggressively.
    this is exactly, if you don't already know, my way of thinking... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Having a #1 receiver (not named Antonio Brown) is way overblown. Yes, the Ravens need playmakers. But they don't need a Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, AJ Green type. Those guys are all sitting at home now. They didn't have a #1 in 2000 in 2012. They had strong #2 guys, great running backs, solid oline and good TEs.
    I do not ascribe to that way of thinking. If the Ravens can acquire a #1 WR, then I say "YES."
    Haven't we been a WR desert long enough? Don't you remember Anquan Boldin (perhaps not in the same league with the guys you've described, but our #1 anyway)? Should we always have 2nd tier WRs and hope for a return of Ray Lewis and Ed Reed? BTW, there are a lot of great players sitting at home today, that doesn't justify not having a #1 WR or any other postition for that matter... Bc

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    Roquan and Minkah. Otherwise get Courtland Sutton. The more I watch of him the more he looks like an alpha #1WR. Unlike Treadwell, Sutton runs really well with the ball after the catch. He’s powerful, a long strider, with a surprising amount of hip wiggle to elude tacklers and maneuver. He also has sticky hands and plays aggressively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Glue hands should be the top priority in any WR that the Ravens consider. Next route running. Third ability to separate. Fourth physicality. Fifth speed.

I feel like currently it's the opposite.

I only hope that at 16 the BPA is not a DT/OLB to trade down.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Having a #1 receiver (not named Antonio Brown) is way overblown. Yes, the Ravens need playmakers. But they don't need a Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, AJ Green type. Those guys are all sitting at home now. They didn't have a #1 in 2000 in 2012. They had strong #2 guys, great running backs, solid oline and good TEs.
    While I do agree having that elite No 1 is not any kind of requirement, I think you can say that about any position save QB. What you need is quality and depth at every position. You can’t have the group of pass catchers the Ravens have and expect to win. To me the failure this year basically comes down to how big of a whiff Perriman was. If he emerged like we all hoped given his camp performances, I think it would have elevated our offense a lot and easily put us in the playoffs. Three whiffs this year on offense in Perriman, Williams and Maclin. Thankfully they had a big hit in Collins to offset it a bit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Glue hands should be the top priority in any WR that the Ravens consider. Next route running. Third ability to separate. Fourth physicality. Fifth speed.

I feel like currently it's the opposite.
    Sounds like Calvin Ridley.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    I would be fine with Courtland Sutton or Calvin Ridley. I just don’t want a WR in the 1st to preclude going after DJ Moore in the second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Sounds exactly like Ridley. Had me at great hands and route running.

https://youtu.be/coEKdH_K8ukI

Alpha pass rusher
    Tight End
    Way Down South in New Orleans