View Poll Results: Who would you rather have at QB?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alex Smith

    4 12.12%
  • Joe Flacco

    24 72.73%
  • Neither

    5 15.15%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 145
  1. #13

    Re: Trade for Alex Smith



    You guys are no fun. I guess we all should just hold hands and cry





  2. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    11,089
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Trade for Alex Smith

    Quote Originally Posted by unbelievable View Post
    You guys are no fun. I guess we all should just hold hands and cry
    Did Alex Smith carry the Chief's once kelce went down?





  3. #15

    Re: Trade for Alex Smith

    Quote Originally Posted by unbelievable View Post
    You guys are no fun. I guess we all should just hold hands and cry
    Usually donít weigh in on things like this...if this is just merely taken as off-season fodder cool...but your post didnít take into consideration the dead money that would be moved forward...trade or cut the dead money still comes.

    Even if it wasnít at play... Flacco > Alex in my book... Alex isnít built for AFC North football ...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  4. #16

    Re: Trade for Alex Smith

    Essentially, the trade is a way to shed Flacco's contract while also maintaining QB play. You don't have to resign Smith if that's your cup of tea. But for only an additional $2M, Alex Smith's accuracy just seems like the better fit in this West Coast offense than Joe Flacco.

    Let's say you trade a 2nd for Smith and get a 3rd for Flacco. That's a wash and you're free of Flacco's cap. You can also still compete for the playoffs this year and probably make a deeper push than if you had cant-get-to-January-Joe-anymore. But if talking about the same old hypothetical strategies year after year on this forum board is what you'd rather do...than maybe you should go work with Ozzie and staff. I heard they love settling for the same ol same ol
    Last edited by unbelievable; 01-12-2018 at 08:51 PM.





  5. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    11,089
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Trade for Alex Smith

    Quote Originally Posted by unbelievable View Post
    Essentially, the trade is a way to shed Flacco's contract while also maintaining QB play. You don't have to resign Smith if that's your cup of tea. But for only an additional $2M, Alex Smith's accuracy just seems like the better fit in this West Coast offense than Joe Flacco.

    Let's say you trade a 2nd for Smith and get a 3rd for Flacco. That's a wash and you're free of Flacco's cap. You can also still compete for the playoffs this year and probably make a deeper push than if you had cant-get-to-January-Joe-anymore. But if it talking about the same old hypothetical strategies year after year on this forum board is what you'd rather do...than maybe you should go work with Ozzie and staff. I heard they love settling for the same ol same ol
    Did Alex Smith carry the chiefs to victory once kelce got hurt?





  6. #18

    Re: Trade for Alex Smith

    Quote Originally Posted by unbelievable View Post
    Essentially, the trade is a way to shed Flacco's contract while also maintaining QB play. You don't have to resign Smith if that's your cup of tea. But for only an additional $2M, Alex Smith's accuracy just seems like the better fit in this West Coast offense than Joe Flacco.

    Let's say you trade a 2nd for Smith and get a 3rd for Flacco. That's a wash and you're free of Flacco's cap. You can also still compete for the playoffs this year and probably make a deeper push than if you had cant-get-to-January-Joe-anymore. But if it talking about the same old hypothetical strategies year after year on this forum board is what you'd rather do...than maybe you should go work with Ozzie and staff. I heard they love settling for the same ol same ol
    Heís coming for you if not already lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  7. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    4,949

    Re: Trade for Alex Smith

    Saw this title and thought "Oh what the hell maybe he has good points"

    Nope.

    I promise you that Flacco has ZERO trade value because of his contract and Alex Smith is old. Let's start getting younger on that side of the ball, eh?





  8. #20

    Re: Trade for Alex Smith

    Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Saw this title and thought "Oh what the hell maybe he has good points"

    Nope.

    I promise you that Flacco has ZERO trade value because of his contract and Alex Smith is old. Let's start getting younger on that side of the ball, eh?
    A team that traded for Joe Flacco would assume the following cap numbers without any penalty if they were to cut him at any point.

    2018: $12M
    2019: $18.5
    2020: $20.25M

    Also, Alex Smith is the same age as Old Man Joe.





  9. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    11,089
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Trade for Alex Smith

    Quote Originally Posted by unbelievable View Post
    A team that traded for Joe Flacco would assume the following cap numbers without any penalty if they were to cut him at any point.

    2018: $12M
    2019: $18.5
    2020: $20.25M

    Also, Alex Smith is the same age as Old Man Joe.
    What happened to Alex Smith after kelce went down?





  10. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    3,608

    Re: Trade for Alex Smith

    Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    This person might as well create a 1 on 1 QB football, because it's clear he doesn't understand the roles of the other 10 people on offense and the OC.

    He clearly thinks the QB plays in isolation. In a vacuum.
    74 posts all about how Flacco is the root of all our evils. Lol, I have to stop taking the bait.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis





  11. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    11,089
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Trade for Alex Smith

    Chiefs offense went to shit after kelce went down.

    I wonder how'd smoothly it'd run with Maxx Williams at the helm?

    I'm sure Smith would "elevate" Maxx....





  12. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    6,555
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Trade for Alex Smith

    Even if they were in a situation where they could and wanted to move on from Flacco, I wouldn't want Alex Smith, especially in this division, especially if my goal is to win in the postseason.
    Twitter: @3nd0worm

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site