View Poll Results: Who would you rather have at QB?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alex Smith

4 12.12%
  • Joe Flacco

24 72.73%
  • Neither

5 15.15%
Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast

Trade for Alex Smith

Acquiring Alex Smith would entail surrendering draft picks and taking on a $14M salary this year. Plus he only has 1 year left on his contract. Sounds crazy, right? But....

What if you could find a suitor for Joe Flacco and get maybe half the value back in picks you sent to Kansas City for Alex Smith? Call it a wash. If you could craft a trade that wouldn't take effect until after June-1, you would gain $12M in cap space this year for shedding Flacco's contract and $10.5M next year.

That's $12M extra in cap space THIS YEAR. In theory, an addition of Alex Smith would only cost $2M. If the 49ers got Jimmy G for a 2nd then Alex Smith's value is probably around the same value given 1. he's 33 (same age as Flacco) 2. everyone knows the Chiefs are moving on from him.

Crafting an extension for Smith at this point in his career would be tricky. So, there's that aspect but remember we're getting ready to pay Flacco $18.5M in 2019, $20.25M in 2020 and $24.25M in 2021 with cap hits at $24.75M, $26.5M $28.25M in each of the respective years. So, a contract for Smith can't be any worse than what we already have on the books. Sure, we eat some dead money initially but it works itself out in the end.

For a 2nd round pick, would you rather have Alex Smith over Flacco?

2017 stats:
    Alex Smith 341/505 67.5% 4,042 yds (8th) 26 TDs 4 INTs 104.7 QB Rating (3rd)
    Joe FLacco 352/549 64.1% 3,141 yds (22nd) 18 TDs 13 INTs 80.4 QB Rating (36th)
    Last edited by unbelievable; 01-13-2018 at 08:55 PM.

Re: Trade for Alex Smith

No

Realistically, its not happening.

No.

I would go on a tirade about why this is goofy, but I won't. I'll just say Joe Flacco is a proven winner and has been serviceable with the dumpster diving the Ravens have done over the years. But I do hope they cut him in 2019 so we can get a Kizer of our own and people clamoring how they wish they still had Flacco.
    "The Superbowl belongs to Baltimore!" - Jim Nantz

Blog Entries

Let's also trade for Travis kelce. Maxx Williams straight up.

Hey bud... remember how alex Smith didn't do shit in the playoff game after kelce got hurt? Or you going to conveniently leave that part out??

Gee...what a fucking shocker!!!!!!! The QB didn't do shit after the star player got hurt.

Blog Entries

Let's post raw stats without context!!

Hey, let's also not mention the KC coach that just got hired as a head coach! I wonder if he had any role in the chiefs offense this year....hmmmm....

Angain, when all you can do it compare raw stats of two players without comparing scheme, talent, etc. , you prove how you really don't know as much as you think you do.

So keep proving that to everyone here.

Blog Entries

Can we restrict this guys post to anything but trades?

Blog Entries

Shouldn't there be another choice :

O This is an idiotic poll.

That's what I would select... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Can we restrict this guys post to anything but trades?
    It never fails.

Every "new" poster that joins here just so happens to be an unabashed flacco hater that does nothing but spout off random things to talk shit about how absolutely god awful flacco is and how he is ruining the team and must be replaced.

Never fails.

The same Alex Smith that is 2-5 in playoff games?

No thanks.

Here’s what I think. We need to trade J Smith for a #1 and go get Calvin Ridley (WR) and maybe Hayden Hurst (TE) in this draft.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

This person might as well create a 1 on 1 QB football, because it's clear he doesn't understand the roles of the other 10 people on offense and the OC.

He clearly thinks the QB plays in isolation. In a vacuum.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    It never fails.

Every "new" poster that joins here just so happens to be an unabashed flacco hater that does nothing but spout off random things to talk shit about how absolutely god awful flacco is and how he is ruining the team and must be replaced.

Never fails.
    Hey now bt I was /still am relatively new and I’ve been FWO since I got here. Maybe not recognized but Joe Cool is my guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk