View Poll Results: Who would you rather have at QB?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alex Smith

4 12.12%
  • Joe Flacco

24 72.73%
  • Neither

5 15.15%
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: Trade for Alex Smith

The last time the Ravens went after a successful Kansas City quarterback it didn't turn out so well.

Elvis has left the building.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Post June cut means you don't actually get the cap space until June. That means either the other team you are trading with is going to wait until June,
    I understand this which is why I'm suggesting it. Just wanted to show everyone we probably have more options at our disposal then we realize. If we want radical changes it's going to take radical ideas. The trade I'm proposing IS possible even though I know it's very unlikely to happen or even be considered. I just wanted to get some creative ideas rolling for the offseason so we can start to have some fun again with this team..you know, since there wasn't any in the regular season :/ Seems like everyone is stuck in groundhog's day and only want to talk about the same ol boring shit. Either that or this board lacks some serious creativity and haven't figured a way to pull the sticks out of their asses.

Only so many threads you can cry and whine in until you move on and try to bring some optimism back into the picture. But no one wants to play along...

Kinda wack..0_o
    Last edited by unbelievable; 01-14-2018 at 12:08 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by unbelievable View Post
    I understand this which is why I'm suggesting it. Just wanted to show everyone we probably have more options at our disposal then we realize. If we want radical changes it's going to take radical ideas. The trade I'm proposing IS possible even though I know it's very unlikely to happen or even be considered. I just wanted to get some creative ideas rolling for the offseason so we can start to have some fun again with this team..you know, since there wasn't any in the regular season :/ Seems like everyone is stuck in groundhog's day and only want to talk about the same ol boring shit. Either that or this board lacks some serious creativity and haven't figured a way to pull the sticks out of their asses.

Only so many threads you can cry and whine in until you move on and try to bring some optimism back into the picture. But no one wants to play along...

Kinda wack..0_o
    They just brought back all the coaches except the one who retired. That position they filled from within. This is not a group that will do anything radical. If they were they would be doing what the Seahawks are doing. They're content with how this season ended up. The fans aren't but the only thing the fans can do is vote with their wallets. You will never see anything like you are proposing from this organization until there are different people coaching and managing it.

That's why so many are giving you shit and calling it a fantasy. We all very familiar with the decision makers for the Ravens and they would never even consider that kind of move. Now if a washed up gets cut and you want to say that the Ravens could pick him up?......Yes, that is a move that they are clearly very comfortable in making.

They're already breaking from the norm with no announcement on the State of the Ravens Presser...some have suggested they might not have it this year but..

Their website has already announced fans will be allowed to attend training camp this year. And you know Dick Cass is biting at the bit to update everyone on their brand new state of the art practice facility. And you know Bisciotti wants to reassure fans and PSL owners the best he can because he realizes attendance is trending in the wrong direction. Major, Major updates that need to be addressed to the media and fans regardless of the down year and outcome of 4th and 12. They would be foolish not to have the presser this year.

So to me, it kinda feels like they're feeling the pressure and are a bit antsy and want to get their ducks lined up because their public relations are extra finicky these days to the point of overkill. Or!!!!! Ba Ba BUMMMMMM!!!

Maybe..

Ozzie is making moves behind the curtains because Bisciotti hit the nuclear kill switch?

And...

..they're holding off in making announcements because something big is in the works? Unlikely, but it does give us plenty of room to speculate and also an opportunity to talk about unrealistic possibilities like this thread because they havent YET given us reason to close the door on any of it...and I don't know about you but I like keeping my options open.

So, the optimist in me says, "speculate away". I'm all for coming up with as many far-fetched ideas as you can think of and who knows maybe one or two will trickle their way back to our front office and accentuate just how badly we all want change?
    Last edited by unbelievable; 01-14-2018 at 12:40 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    The last time the Ravens went after a successful Kansas City quarterback it didn't turn out so well.

Elvis has left the building.
    Ah yes, during the good times, but they didn't last long...

No, not long at all... Bc

Blog Entries

They're already breaking from the norm with no announcement on the State of the Ravens Presser...some have suggested they might not have it this year but..

Their website has already announced fans will be allowed to attend training camp this year. And you know Dick Cass is biting at the bit to update everyone on their brand new state of the art practice facility. And you know Bisciotti wants to reassure fans and PSL owners the best he can because he realizes attendance is trending in the wrong direction. Major, Major updates that need to be addressed to the media and fans regardless of the down year and outcome of 4th and 12. They would be foolish not to have the presser this year.

So to me, it kinda feels like they're feeling the pressure and are a bit antsy and want to get their ducks lined up because their public relations are extra finicky these days to the point of overkill. Or!!!!! Ba Ba BUMMMMMM!!!

Maybe..

Ozzie is making moves behind the curtains because Bisciotti hit the nuclear kill switch?

And...

..they're holding off in making announcements because something big is in the works? Unlikely, but it does give us plenty of room to speculate and also an opportunity to talk about unrealistic possibilities like this thread because they havent YET given us reason to close the door on any of it...and I don't know about you but I like keeping my options open.

So, the optimist in me says, "speculate away". I'm all for coming up with as many far-fetched ideas as you can think of and who knows maybe one or two will trickle their way back to our front office and accentuate just how badly we all want change?
    You call it the optimist in you. I call it naivety from someone who hasn’t been watching Ravens football for a long time. Go read Tony Lombardi’s latest article. That tells you all you need to know about this team.

You call it the optimist in you. I call it naivety from someone who hasn’t been watching Ravens football for a long time.
    For 1) I've been down to bang since day 1. Do I have to shout out Brandon Stokely and Anthony Wright to validate my street cred? 2) The whole point of being a fanatic is based in naivety. Who are you fooling?? You're so hardcore at shutting down my points in every thread why don't you put on ur thinking cap and offer a better alternative and see how it plays out for you.

And since when did forum boards become a place of reality? Like this board's traditions are steeped in "keeping things real". Man get out of here with all that fantasy, naive talk like you're too good to entertain trade scenarios. And while you're at it take Joe Flacco with you. Maybe you can sit down together and reminisce about his only 4 games that were worth a shit.

I make calculated moves. Remember when our FO use to?

For 1) I've been down to bang since day 1. Do I have to shout out Brandon Stokely and Anthony Wright to validate my street cred? 2) The whole point of being a fanatic is based in naivety. Who are you fooling?? You're so hardcore at shutting down my points in every thread why don't you put on ur thinking cap and offer a better alternative and see how it plays out for you.

And since when did forum boards become a place of reality? Like this board's traditions are steeped in "keeping things real". Man get out of here with all that fantasy, naive talk like you're too good to entertain trade scenarios. And while you're at it take Joe Flacco with you. Maybe you can sit down together and reminisce about his only 4 games that were worth a shit.

Sonny, a lot of people on this board are too good to entertain stupid trade scenarios. How long do you feel you must inflict yourself on RSR society with this proposal? You should be grateful GOTA is as civil as he is.

Btw, how is the vote coming along?
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

I'd prefer Alex Smith just because he's a guy who better fits in todays NFL and the WC offense. However, Flacco contract prevents it ever becoming a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post

Btw, how is the vote coming along?

Wish there were more. But people just want to whine about it without putting in a quality thought. Might make a new proposal who knows? How does Kapernick sound?

My farts fly in the wind never know where they're gonna end up.

Blog Entries

Last year I was the loudest voice on this board looking to trade our 1st round pick for Brandon Cooks as soon as it was announced he was available. Before that Excellector was posting on a regular basis how the Ravens need to sign Alex Mack as soon as he hit free agency. Look through the past 5 years of draft threads and free agency threads and you will see dozens of different posters all promoting realistic ideas that in retrospect were justified.

You're hardly the only one suggesting moves. The difference is most other moves are actually possible while trading for Alex Smith isn't. You want a realistic QB alternative? Case Keenum with be on the market and at a price we can afford. Tyrod Taylor is going to get released and will also be out there at a reasonable price, at least for a QB. That's 2 playoff QBs, neither of which you have to give up picks for at prices that with a little maneuvering the Ravens could afford. The Ravens aren't likely to sign these guys but at least these moves are possible while trading for Alex Smith isn't

Last year I was the loudest voice on this board looking to trade our 1st round pick for Brandon Cooks as soon as it was announced he was available. Before that Excellector was posting on a regular basis how the Ravens need to sign Alex Mack as soon as he hit free agency. Look through the past 5 years of draft threads and free agency threads and you will see dozens of different posters all promoting realistic ideas that in retrospect were justified.

You're hardly the only one suggesting moves. The difference is most other moves are actually possible while trading for Alex Smith isn't. You want a realistic QB alternative? Case Keenum with be on the market and at a price we can afford. Tyrod Taylor is going to get released and will also be out there at a reasonable price, at least for a QB. That's 2 playoff QBs, neither of which you have to give up picks for at prices that with a little maneuvering the Ravens could afford. The Ravens aren't likely to sign these guys but at least these moves are possible while trading for Alex Smith isn't
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB