Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Joe Flacco then and Joe Flacco now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Did you not read my explanation for the recent lack thereof?
    I did but like you also said, this is just another thread defending Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Caps&Ravens View Post
    You two could just text each other and spare the board.

Flacco isn’t close to as good as Ex thinks or close to as bad as Culex says.

We don’t need a new Flacco thread every 3 Days.
    I haven't even said anything that bad. Just that he isn't worth his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I haven't even said anything that bad. Just that he isn't worth his contract.
    Which I agree with, but watch how the Stanley go nuts & say oh we bashing Flacco & start hurling insults.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree with Excellector's statement that Drew Brees can't carry his team and pointing to the several years they went 7-9 (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016) as a reason why. In all of those seasons their defense was in the bottom 5 in both yards and points while their offense was top 10 consistently. The Saints defense in those 7-9 years is the reason they were 7-9 and without Brees they would have probably been a 4 or 5 win team. Not to mention that the 2012 season was the year their coach was suspended. Brees absolutely can carry his team and I would point to the fact that he made Devery Henderson, Robert Meachum, Lance Moore better players than they actually were, they did nothing outside of Brees. Great quarterbacks can carry a team because I have seen it happen however the Ravens don't have a great quarterback who is capable of making JAGS above average players consistently. I will agree that the team has done him no favors in terms of bringing in talent at WR to help and I do believe that he would be very good with talented WR's but he can't and won't carry a team (those kind of QB's do exist though)
    Last edited by Ravensforce83; 01-12-2018 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Left out name

You give Flacco a Julio type he has multiple Super Bowls

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheBLTRaven View Post
    I cant remember Flacco ever just dropping one in the basket. He has zero touch to his passer. He hardly ever throws his passes in stride.
    Hmmm, did you ever see this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmRYZOuXHrA

... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    Brees absolutely can carry his team and I would point to the fact that he made Devery Henderson, Robert Meachum, Lance Moore better players than they actually were, they did nothing outside of Brees.
    And what exactly have guys like Marlon Brown, Kamar Aiken, and to a large extent, Torey Smith done with Flacco?

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    We have a franchise QB who has been plagued by inconsistency? Damn we should have given him some pass catchers to mask those flaws.
    or maybe some accountability to mask those excuses?

Quote Originally Posted by unbelievable View Post
    or maybe some accountability to mask those excuses?
    In your opinion, have we properly built around Joe since 2008?

Did we make the right decisions after winning the SB and paying him 120M?
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

How about we just sum it all up?

Flacco is the worst QB ever. He's never accurate, he's inconsistent, he can't carry a team and he gets paid too much which is why we can't get any good players. He's also the reason the defense collapses in critical moments. (cuz it isn't Pees or the defense, ever am I right?) Give Kamar, Marlon or (insert name of sub par WR here) and they'd be superstars!

OR

Flacco is a decent franchise QB who, like all other QBs, needs at least some talent surrounding him to be successful. There has been way too much turnover on offense and there is no stability. No other QB would be successful with the strategy this organization employs either. Nothing is ever Flacco's fault. Our receivers can't catch a cold. Flacco is elite and just as good as Rodgers and/or Brady if given any talent around him.

There ya go. Both sides summed up. Done and dusted.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    I disagree with Excellector's statement that Drew Brees can't carry his team and pointing to the several years they went 7-9 (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016) as a reason why. In all of those seasons their defense was in the bottom 5 in both yards and points while their offense was top 10 consistently. The Saints defense in those 7-9 years is the reason they were 7-9 and without Brees they would have probably been a 4 or 5 win team. Not to mention that the 2012 season was the year their coach was suspended. Brees absolutely can carry his team and I would point to the fact that he made Devery Henderson, Robert Meachum, Lance Moore better players than they actually were, they did nothing outside of Brees. Great quarterbacks can carry a team because I have seen it happen however the Ravens don't have a great quarterback who is capable of making JAGS above average players consistently. I will agree that the team has done him no favors in terms of bringing in talent at WR to help and I do believe that he would be very good with talented WR's but he can't and won't carry a team (those kind of QB's do exist though)
    My point in saying that was to say that this idea that someone like Brees can turn those teams into great teams is flawed. Yes, the defense was the reason why they finished 7-9. That is my point. One man can't overcome all of that, but that's the implication in play when most talk about the ability to carry a team. It is a fallacy.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Hmmm, did you ever see this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmRYZOuXHrA

... Bc
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore