Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: The Fall of the Ravens Empire

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    They just need to take their lumps is all. They made a highly unpopular decision that isn't going to go over well no matter how they slice it. They had a plan for 2017, it failed in eerily similar fashion to the way 2016 did. Just come out and own it.
    Yeah I don't disagree. I guess given that we all know that's what it is, I don't need a presser to confirm anything.

Is what it is. Gonna be a long offseason my friend
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Yeah I don't disagree. I guess given that we all know that's what it is, I don't need a presser to confirm anything.

Is what it is. Gonna be a long offseason my friend
    Indeed it is. I'm actually with you on not needing the presser. I just want another reach to bitch about something. We all know what they tried to do and what their thought process is now. You are right in that we don't need a presser to tell us what we already know.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

But at the same time, most fans call it all bullshit, speaking points, coachspeak, etc.

I get what you're saying, but I Just feel like it's a situation where they're fucked either way. They've made their bed and they're going to lie in it.

Well all know how this is going to go. Is a presser going to change anything?

Nope....not gonna change a damn thing...at least for the majority of the fanbase anyway.
    With that being said though as a fan (with a high financial investment) I deserve to be addressed by the powers that be that have no problem taking my money as to what the fuck happened, why they think it happened and what the fuck their plan is to prevent it from continuing to happen.
    Ii was led to believe that anything short of good improvement from 2016 would lead to changes.
    Not sure what their idea of good improvement is/was but simply finishing without a 500 record or below doesn't exactly qualify for me.
    I don't get to go to the weekly press conferences and ask questions so this is basically the one and only time I get to see the others besides Harbaugh that run this franchise address me with what I should expect as a paying fan and what I should expect if those expectations aren't met....AGAIN!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Can we have the sword sit down with Stevie B one on one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be really interesting. With the rise of PSL's up for sale, engage with those people directly.

I'd imagine they'd have to be pre-approved questions.
    Well sure they'd have to be pre-approved and they all would be the softballs with generic answers.
    Questions and answers that we all want to hear would not be allowed or answered.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    The article criticizes Ozzie for resting on his laurels and bad recent drafting. But the 2016 haul is amazing. We now have a young quality LT and a very good, possibly shutdown CB.

The offensive playmakers are coming, and when they arrive, a lot of people are going to be surprised how vibrant and successful the roster will be.

If the coaches will use the players properly, e.g. Flacco, Jefferson. We are loaded with talented pass rushers - go back and look at the draft profiles of Bowser and T Wms - yet they are undeveloped. And while they sit, the pass rush disappears.
    We drafted Bowser who can't get on the field while the steelers seemed to grab another playmaking wide receiver in the 2nd round.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    We drafted Bowser who can't get on the field while the steelers seemed to grab another playmaking wide receiver in the 2nd round.

Whose fault is this though? Bowser played poorly in the Jacksonville game (after being Rookie of the Week in Week 2), then was relegated to Harbs' doghouse. Harbs' disdain for rookies (which is, in effect, disdain for cheap productivity) is a huge problem.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    (a) Buddy Ryan, "If you listen to the fans, you'll be sitting up there with them."

(b) We fans also care about winning. This may not be practical, but it seems like they don't care as much as we do. Sometimes perception is reality... Bc
    The biggest weakness for the Ravens over the past several years has been coaching and it is the one area that the Raven's braintrust refuse to do anything about. In my mind, Biscotti would rather lose with Harbaugh & his minions than win without them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Nope....not gonna change a damn thing...at least for the majority of the fanbase anyway.
    With that being said though as a fan (with a high financial investment) I deserve to be addressed by the powers that be that have no problem taking my money as to what the fuck happened, why they think it happened and what the fuck their plan is to prevent it from continuing to happen.
    Ii was led to believe that anything short of good improvement from 2016 would lead to changes.
    Not sure what their idea of good improvement is/was but simply finishing without a 500 record or below doesn't exactly qualify for me.
    I don't get to go to the weekly press conferences and ask questions so this is basically the one and only time I get to see the others besides Harbaugh that run this franchise address me with what I should expect as a paying fan and what I should expect if those expectations aren't met....AGAIN!!
    Very fair. That's why I like the idea of doing it directly for PSL owners.

I'm just serioulsy floored by the state we're in. So many of these mistakes are just not that hard to overcome.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Does anyone have the numbers on how high the percentage of available PSLs has increased?
    I believe 3 days ago the PSL marketplace stood at 4093 total, right now it is 4251.

As a side note of information, I received my wait list spot this week and it has not changed any more than would be expected. In other words, any affect of fans dumping PSL's has not made the wait list go faster. This is over 10 years of being on the list.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very fair. That's why I like the idea of doing it directly for PSL owners.

I'm just serioulsy floored by the state we're in. So many of these mistakes are just not that hard to overcome.
    I'm floored that we're getting virtually no significant changes other than Pees retiring and,Wink taking over which to me until proven otherwise is not significant.
    We all know that if Pees wasn't retiring the likelihood that he would be back next year would be greater than highly probable.
    I want answers as to why I should expect a, different outcome at the end of 4tn quarters with Wink and what makes,them think it's the best move.
    I want answers as to why we took Bowser in the 2nd instead of JuJu and the guy barely saw the field on a team that needed pass rush which is why we took him over Juju to begin with.
    I want answers as to why we couldn't move up and take Kupp after we took Bowser on a,team that was in desperate need of pass catchers.
    I want to know why we took Wormley instead when we already had paid Williams, had Carl Dave and Pierce on the roster.
    Why the hell did we take Williams when we hadn't even seen what Kaufusi could do?
    Did they already know he couldn't play and that's why we did it?
    If that's the case then I want answers as to why we took Kaufusi,to begin with in 2016.
    I want answers to all this kind of shit and I'm certainly not getting it from Harbaughs weekly bullshit sessions and his snide attitude when on the rate occasion a reporter asks him a tougher than normal question.
    If they're gonna double down on stupid I (we) deserve to know why and what their plan is going forward and what makes them think things will be different.
    I think given what we've seen over the past year with all this stuff including the empty seats they should definitely speak to the fans to reassure them that they're as pissed as we are and recognize what they need to do going forward because based on what we've seen so far they look like they don't know.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NestMinder View Post
    Whose fault is this though? Bowser played poorly in the Jacksonville game (after being Rookie of the Week in Week 2), then was relegated to Harbs' doghouse. Harbs' disdain for rookies (which is, in effect, disdain for cheap productivity) is a huge problem.
    Speaking of how poorly the team played in London, I spoke with some people from England over the Christmas break and they were shocked that the Ravens arrived as late as Friday morning in London. They said jet lag was bound to catch up by Sunday. I don't know if this is true, but they also said no one from the Ravens organization visited the field prior to game day. This seems like really poor planning on the Ravens part. Add in the protest distraction and the rest is history of course. They got their asses kicked.