Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 133
  1. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    28,100
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Fall of the Ravens Empire



    It would show that they lack confidence in their approach. How can you instill confidence in the fanbase to buy the PSLs and return to the stadium if you don't, at the very least, exude it yourself?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore





  2. #38

    Re: The Fall of the Ravens Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

    Without taking sides, I see the kneeling issue like this. When people go to their favorite restaurant, most don't want the employees protesting anything even if it is something everybody agrees with ('no more child abuse"). If the owner of the restaurant allows and even encourages them to do it, he is chasing customers away because people who are spending good money going out to dinner for recreation and don't want to hear or see it, even if it is for a good cause. SB has chosen to chase some of his customers away, again because he likes his players and is loyal, which is admirable but he will soon see that some are gone for good.

    .
    Ok...honestly asking: have any other owners said they wouldn't let their players kneel? Other than McNair's "inmates running the asylum" comments that went over so well - and were reported in the ESPN piece, not meant to be public - I don't know of any owner speaking out against it. There was Jerrah, who had all weekend to see the kneeling, the reaction to it, and plan a course of action that involved himself kneeling with his team...

    The Ravens were in the incredibly unlucky position of having their first-ever London game right after the President's comments that Friday night. For the Jags, who were also in the situation, it was at least more like a 1/16th chance, since they play in London every season. I'm guessing the players were texting with each other and deciding what to do on Saturday. Playing at 9 AM, the Ravens & Jags were up first. A handful of players on both sides knelt. A handful of players on just about every team that weekend did the same.

    What would folks have Bisciotti do? Publicly reprimand those players who participated? How would that go over? Putting aside how it would go over with fans, media, etc., how about with his own players and with any potential future free agents? It was a damn near impossible situation for any owner. Maybe staying silent really is the best way to go about it.





  3. #39

    Re: The Fall of the Ravens Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    What if the Ravens decide not to host the State of the Ravens press conference?
    Actually, I think Bisciotti should do it solo, sort of like what he does with you in OC once a year. Harbaugh is probably one of the least popular guys in Baltimore right now, and Ozzie is not very good with the camera's on him answering questions from media members. Fans will be just more turned off with John's perpetual BS coachspeak, so maybe it's best he skips this year.

    The Ravens could even do it publicly and invite PSL owners to ask Bisciotti questions or submit pre-approved questions. Steve needs to address his clients directly and be accountable for the shit product over the last few years. He can explain the complexity of firing everyone and why he thinks Harbaugh, Ozzie, DeCosta & the coordinators are the right people for the job.





  4. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Westminster (FORMER Training Camp)
    Posts
    2,433

    Re: The Fall of the Ravens Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    IMO they have to do it (State of the Ravens press conference). As most of you know, I am old and retired. However, in my working career (44 1/2 consecutive years in computer mainframe technology 1965 - 2009) I had to face some pretty awful projects, meetings, managers, clients etc. I can tell you that I faced each and every issue with the best I had. Didn't come out on top every time, but nobody can accuse me of cowardice in the face of fire. The Ravens management should do so too. They owe it to their fans... Bc
    And if they hope to move on, they cannot leave an open scar.

    Take the lumps and move on.
    Captain Offense





  5. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    19,976

    Re: The Fall of the Ravens Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It would show that they lack confidence in their approach. How can you instill confidence in the fanbase to buy the PSLs and return to the stadium if you don't, at the very least, exude it yourself?
    But at the same time, most fans call it all bullshit, speaking points, coachspeak, etc.

    I get what you're saying, but I Just feel like it's a situation where they're fucked either way. They've made their bed and they're going to lie in it.

    Well all know how this is going to go. Is a presser going to change anything?
    ďItís not whether you get knocked down; itís whether you get up.Ē
    Ė Vince Lombardi

    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

    Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR





  6. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Westminster (FORMER Training Camp)
    Posts
    2,433

    Re: The Fall of the Ravens Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    The Ravens could even do it publicly and invite PSL owners to ask Bisciotti questions or submit pre-approved questions. Steve needs to address his clients directly and be accountable for the shit product over the last few years. He can explain the complexity of firing everyone and why he thinks Harbaugh, Ozzie, DeCosta & the coordinators are the right people for the job.
    This actually could be the best way to try to soothe the angry crowd - and not let the media stand in the middle.
    Captain Offense





  7. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    19,976

    Re: The Fall of the Ravens Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    Actually, I think Bisciotti should do it solo, sort of like what he does with you in OC once a year. Harbaugh is probably one of the least popular guys in Baltimore right now, and Ozzie is not very good with the camera's on him answering questions from media members. Fans will be just more turned off with John's perpetual BS coachspeak, so maybe it's best he skips this year.

    The Ravens could even do it publicly and invite PSL owners to ask Bisciotti questions or submit pre-approved questions. Steve needs to address his clients directly and be accountable for the shit product over the last few years. He can explain the complexity of firing everyone and why he thinks Harbaugh, Ozzie, DeCosta & the coordinators are the right people for the job.
    That would be really interesting. With the rise of PSL's up for sale, engage with those people directly.

    I'd imagine they'd have to be pre-approved questions.
    ďItís not whether you get knocked down; itís whether you get up.Ē
    Ė Vince Lombardi

    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

    Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR





  8. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    28,100
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Fall of the Ravens Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    But at the same time, most fans call it all bullshit, speaking points, coachspeak, etc.

    I get what you're saying, but I Just feel like it's a situation where they're fucked either way. They've made their bed and they're going to lie in it.

    Well all know how this is going to go. Is a presser going to change anything?
    They just need to take their lumps is all. They made a highly unpopular decision that isn't going to go over well no matter how they slice it. They had a plan for 2017, it failed in eerily similar fashion to the way 2016 did. Just come out and own it.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore





  9. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    19,757
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The Fall of the Ravens Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    And if they hope to move on, they cannot leave an open scar.
    Take the lumps and move on.
    Yes Cap'n, that IMO is really the best way. Don't accept the accolades when it's sunny, then hide when dark clouds are overhead. Actually they will end up feeling better that way, and as you say, can move on... Bc





  10. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    28,100
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Fall of the Ravens Empire

    Does anyone have the numbers on how high the percentage of available PSLs has increased?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore





  11. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    12,990
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Fall of the Ravens Empire

    Does anyone have a site to buy some cheap PSL?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  12. #48

    Re: The Fall of the Ravens Empire

    The article criticizes Ozzie for resting on his laurels and bad recent drafting. But the 2016 haul is amazing. We now have a young quality LT and a very good, possibly shutdown CB.

    The offensive playmakers are coming, and when they arrive, a lot of people are going to be surprised how vibrant and successful the roster will be.

    If the coaches will use the players properly, e.g. Flacco, Jefferson. We are loaded with talented pass rushers - go back and look at the draft profiles of Bowser and T Wms - yet they are undeveloped. And while they sit, the pass rush disappears.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

    (AFCCG, January 2013)





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site