Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The Fall of the Ravens Empire

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Why not invest your cap dollars in areas where you aren’t as resourceful in the draft (wide receiver) and let the draft fill in for losses like Williams, assuming the Ravens didn’t pony up?

I liked the signing of Brandon Williams. But this is an excellent point. It would require the Ravens to recognize and admit their draft day short comings though.

Nice article.

Kid on the left represents Ravens assets invested on defense, kid on the right (up in the air), well you know... Bc

Blog Entries

Losing the alpha males was a big part of it but you will never replace a guy like Ray Lewis who willed that team to over achieve. I don't think we can underestimate his impact or lack of it after leaving.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    TL when is the state of the ravens?
    No date scheduled yet. It's a mess and I'm wondering if they decided to do the trip to Jupiter, FL first. I'll inquire. I think they know how important this presser is.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    Tony,

I am feeling a bit plagiarized here today. You used a Back to the future reference when i literally just used that comparison today to (MM and Harbaugh) LOL.

You also said the exact sentiments I have been saying about Brandon Williams, and all of those draft picks and focusing on the WR position when they could easily find undrafted GEMS on the DL.

Love the artist rendering too? Who did the work?
    When am i going to get some credit for this article? LOL

Very good read. Honestly great read and I am glad someone finally put in print what a lot of us have been saying on this board for years.
    Thanks for the kinds words. Thanks to all.

It was painful.

Funny about the Back to The Future meme. I think we did that after the 2015 season. See, same shit different year...

The artwork in that sketch was done by Jacob Warrenfeltz. He's on this board. He did that in February, 2015. Nice job!

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    No date scheduled yet. It's a mess and I'm wondering if they decided to do the trip to Jupiter, FL first. I'll inquire. I think they know how important this presser is.
    As someone with inside information, do you get the sense that they even care? As an outsider, I get the sense that they don't care about how the fans feel or even about fielding a competitive team anymore. As long as Biscotti gets to see his boy Harbaugh on the sidelines, he's happy.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    As someone with inside information, do you get the sense that they even care? As an outsider, I get the sense that they don't care about how the fans feel or even about fielding a competitive team anymore. As long as Biscotti gets to see his boy Harbaugh on the sidelines, he's happy.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
    I don't think they want fan opinion to influence their decision making. And it won't.

They care about winning! It drives them every day.

7. Re: The Fall of the Ravens Empire

I don't think they want fan opinion to influence their decision making. And it won't.

Well, that's their job and the reason they're making the money and the fans aren't. Let's just hope they can get back to it on a consistent basis.

Blog Entries

(a) Buddy Ryan, "If you listen to the fans, you'll be sitting up there with them."

(b) We fans also care about winning. This may not be practical, but it seems like they don't care as much as we do. Sometimes perception is reality... Bc

Blog Entries

In general, this was a very good piece. I think that Tony does a good job of examining the context with which things have happened over the years. Some of us may differ with him on the slice of the pie in certain situations, but he definitely hits the major points of our issues with this team. I don't think the Pro-Bowl is as relevant as it used to be and I don't believe that they would have paid Osemele what Oakland paid him under any circumstances, nor do I believe they would have paid Wagner what Detroit paid him. However, Tony gets to the crux of the issues. I disagree with some of his assessment of Joe Flacco, but one thing I think everyone agrees on is that if this is all they were going to ask Flacco to do then they never should have paid him.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    (b) We fans also care about winning. This may not be practical, but it seems like they don't care as much as we do. Sometimes perception is reality... Bc
    And that is what is going to make it tough to bring back the Fans that have decided to take a break. With what has happened so far, it appears the Team does not care about getting better. And I am not sure what they could do to prove otherwise to people if they truly believe that what they have in place can succeed.

As for Fans, they sometimes put too much emphasis on the old line : "I don't care what you do; just do something."

And I am not at all convinced that most of the people who say "Blow it up" would come back immediately as a show of support. They would say "Show me" after all was wiped out, and then not come back if the team was losing.

Might be a "Lose/lose" proposition.
    Captain Offense

thanks TL. ignore my post in the other thread lol

What if the Ravens decide not to host the State of the Ravens press conference?