Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
Ozzie landed one of the best safeties in the game to shore up our secondary, but our coaching staff doesn't use him to his strengths and he becomes a liability out there. Who knows how good some of the draft choices would be if they were properly coached and put in positions to succeed. How many times have we seen Jimmy Smith (who's strength is press coverage) playing 8- 10 yards off receivers, especially on 3rd and 2?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
I'm definitely not giving the coaching staff a pass, everybody has a piece of this $hit show, but I really think Raven fans are sometimes very quick to blame coaching and very slow to acknowledge talent deficiencies. Tony Jefferson had one good year playing in an excellent secondary in Arizona, so I'm nowhere near ready to anoint him "one of the best safeties in the game" by a long shot. Regardless of scheme, I saw him struggle in coverage, struggle in recognition, blow assignments and poor tackling. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt regarding scheme, but he still did not play well at all. Does he have ANY responsibility for that or is that all Pees and Harbaugh ?